Found Deceased KY - Jeff Shepherd, 31, Whitley City, McCreary County, 12 Mar 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Kentucky State Police

*SHARE*
*****MISSING PERSON*****

KSP Seeking Tips in McCreary Co Missing Person Case

London, Ky. (February 05, 2019) – Kentucky State Police Post 11 is still actively investigating the disappearance of a McCreary County man missing since March of 2018.
Jeff A. Shepherd, 31, of Whitley City was last seen at his residence on Monday, March 12, 2018 at approximately 6:30 PM. Shepherd was reportedly seen by a friend the same evening at Missy’s Bar, in Winfield TN, at approximately 9:30 PM and has not been seen or heard from since.
Shepherd is described as a white male 5’6’’ tall, roughly 160 pounds, with brownish blond shoulder length hair (usually in a ponytail with a ball cap). He was last seen wearing a blue button up shirt with blue jeans and a brown jacket. He was last seen operating a 1984 primer gray Ford F-150 pickup truck with a red passenger door and brown driver side door.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Kentucky State Police Post 11, London at 606-878-6622 or 1-800-222-5555.
Trooper Shaler Jones is continuing the investigation.

65CE5301-CAC4-42E8-A83D-D4EB01D1A446.jpeg

KSP still searching for missing McCreary County man - ABC 36 News

51260312_10157386526360676_1046398623379619840_o.jpg
Kentucky State Police

WHAY 98.3FM AMERICANA RADIO
POLICE ISSUE PLEA FOR PUBLIC'S HELP IN MISSING PERSON CASE
31 year old Jeff Shepherd of Whitley City has been missing for nearly a year, since March 12, 2018. Kentucky State Police issued a plea this week for the public's help in trying to solve the mystery of this missing person's case. They say Shepherd was last seen at his residence at about 6:30pm that date and by a friend at about 9:30pm that evening at Missy's Bar in Winfield, Tennessee. That is the last known location for the man who is described as a white male about 5'6” tall, weighing about 160 pounds with brownish-blonde shoulder length hair. He was last seen wearing a blue button up shirt and blue jeans with a brown jacket. At the time of the disappearnce he was operating a 1984 primer gray Ford F150 truck with a red passener door and brown driver side door. Anyone with information related to the location of Jeff A. Shepherd or information related to the case is asked to contact Kentucky State Police at 606-878-6622 or 1-800-222-5555.

KSP still searching for missing McCreary County man - ABC 36 News

SNIPPED

...still actively investigating the disappearance of a McCreary County man.

Investigators say 31-year-old Jeff Shepherd was last seen on March 12, 2018.

They say a friend reported seeing Shepherd that evening at Missy’s Bar in Winfield, Tennessee around 9:30 p.m. but he has not been seen or heard from since.

Shepherd is described as a white male 5’6’’ tall, around 160 pounds, with brownish blond, shoulder-length hair (usually in a ponytail with a ball cap).

Police say he was last seen wearing a blue button-up shirt with blue jeans and a brown jacket.

#

KSP investigating disappearance of McCreary County man missing since 2018
SNIPPED

white man 5'6" tall and weighing 160 pounds.

He has brownish blond shoulder-length hair. Police said he usually wears his hair in a ponytail with a ball cap.

Shepherd was last seen wearing a blue button-up shirt with blue jeans and a brown jacket.

He was last seen driving a 1984 primer gray Ford F-150 pickup truck with a red passenger door and brown driver side door.

#

http://clayconews.com/news/34-news/...O6ybt57FCruZoVVtnR512D6HbPzPR4pFBKKb0ccsV6NMA

Is this the same guy?

Police: Whitley City Man Leaves Scene of Accident, Suspect Found at Nearby Bar -

Huntsville, TN (2018-02-13) A Whitley City man that allegedly struck a vehicle at a local restaurant and fled the scene was picked up an hour later at another nearby bar.

SNIP

...he struck a vehicle in the parking lot of a Winfield restaurant and fled the scene. Witnesses say the vehicle went toward McCreary County. An hour later, he was picked up at another bar down the street.

Authorities say Shepherd appeared intoxicated when he was arrested at Misty’s Bar in Winfield shortly before midnight Saturday night. Shepherd’s arrest followed an investigation into an earlier incident at Levi’s Sports Bar and Grill, where a black Ford pickup allegedly struck a vehicle in the parking lot. As result of the impact, the vehicle reportedly slammed into another parked car, causing damage to the second vehicle.
#

I’ve been following this case on Facebook. It’s been almost a year and nothing has turned up yet. His family still has no new info on what happened and his truck is still missing also. Seems weird to me.

Welcome, Adws711! Thanks for sharing what you know.

As you see there may be some discrepancies on his arrests before or after an accident. Is this the same accident or two separate ones? I wasn't sure if he'd been found , arrested, and is missing again or if this is all the same case. :confused: Heck, maybeit's the case that I'm just a confused old lady who needs to take up crochet instead of following stories. :p Haha

Thanks again!

I just heard about this case because another man is missing close to this area and as I was reading up on it, I discovered there may be a third man missing as well. I live near this area so I'm definitely curious.. Can't seem to find anything here tying them together.

I just heard about this case because another man is missing close to this area and as I was reading up on it, I discovered there may be a third man missing as well. I live near this area so I'm definitely curious.. Can't seem to find anything here tying them together.
Please keep us posted!

Appears that the bar is about 15 minutes from his residence. And it is a straight shot. I wonder what that road is like and how far that water is off the road?

View attachment 197018
Google Maps
Its hwy 27. Its kept in good shape, pretty much the main road through the whole county. And his home is down 478. Not sure which water youre refering too but both sides of 27 as well as 478 have been searched as well as they could be. There were no marks making anyone believe that anyone had went off the road anywhere

I’ve been following this case on Facebook. It’s been almost a year and nothing has turned up yet. His family still has no new info on what happened and his truck is still missing also. Seems weird to me.
what about any cell phone activity with Jeff, credit card activity, bank account, etc; a truck that distinctive-should've been seen somewhere besides initial reports..unless someone parked it in a rural barn, bldg. area to hide it. I saw pn EBAY-the very type of truck Jeff drove-parts being sold-doors on truck too!

what about any cell phone activity with Jeff, credit card activity, bank account, etc; a truck that distinctive-should've been seen somewhere besides initial reports..unless someone parked it in a rural barn, bldg. area to hide it. I saw pn EBAY-the very type of truck Jeff drove-parts being sold-doors on truck too!

"I saw pn EBAY-the very type of truck Jeff drove-parts being sold-doors on truck too"

Do you mean that you think you've seen his truck on ebay? If so, maybe call the tip line so LE can check that out. (Moo)

SCSO: Police searching missing Kentucky man last seen in Scott County in 2018 | wbir.com

The Scott County Sheriff's Office said a reward is being offered in a case of a missing Kentucky man.

They said that Jeff Anthony Shepherd, 33, was last seen in Scott County on March 12, 2018. He has not been heard from since then, officials said.

They said that Kentucky State Police was investigating the case and that a $10,000 reward was being offered for information helping to find him.

MAR 27, 2021
Scott County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
Our friends in Kentucky need your help locating this missing man.... call KSP with any information... $10,000 Reward

Details of Disappearance: Shepherd was last seen getting into his truck at Missy's Bar in Winfield, Tennessee at 9:30 p.m. on March 12, 2018. He has never been heard from again. The truck is also missing: it's a battered 1984 Ford F-150 colored primer gray with a brown driver side door and a red passenger side door. Few details are available in Shepherd's case.

Missing Since 03/12/2018
Missing From Winfield, Tennessee
Classification Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Age 30 years old
Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'7, 145 - 165 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown Carhartt jacket, a blue flannel button-up shirt, and blue jeans.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Shepherd's hair was shoulder-length at the time of his disappearance, and he usually wore it in a ponytail with a baseball cap.
Investigating Agency Kentucky State Police 606-878-6622

165899282_5189165047821709_1059917357323476663_o.jpg

This is curious. Google Earth shows a number of ponds in the vicinity, but none is close enough to the highway that he could have driven in by accident after running off the road. This suggests either foul play or suicide.

Remains found in pickup truck belonging to missing man | wbir.com

December 7, 2021 - WBIR

"The McCreary County Coroner's Office announced Sunday evening that a dive team found a pickup truck belonging to a missing man.

Jeff Anthony Shepherd, who was first reported missing on March 14, 2018, is the owner of the truck. The truck was found in a pond just off of U.S. Hwy. 27 in Strunk, KY, according to the coroner's office.

Human remains were discovered inside the pickup when it was removed from the pond, the coroner's office said.

The remains have been sent to the Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy and identification, according to the coroner's office.

The coroner's office is thanking the Illinois-based "Chaos Divers" — a dive team that searches for vehicles tied to cold cases."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostrider2000
Back