GUILTY KY - Joyce, 46, & Sunny Richardson, 18, Phillip Leslie, 16, slain, Newport, Dec 2005

concernedperson said:
I think of my friend in Albany often. I think of her true spirit and how she cares. But I also think of the people who don't care and let this go on and on. I wonder if the justice system is so screwed that the laws only help the perps and the victims are never really considered. I wonder if we set our pants on fire (since we have already burned our bras) that anyone will listen? I can never in a million years accept that child abuse is a normal and a forgivable thing. Never! It is the thing that causes so much pain and so much identity crisis. Kids everywhere are experiencing this and wondering who to love? I am more about kids than I ever thought even kids that I never knew. Or will ever know.I am just wishing I could do more.

:blowkiss: Great to see you my friend.

I wish I had the answer, I really wished I did. I suppose we must just keep trying to get them help. We must not give up ever.

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
:blowkiss: Great to see you my friend.

I wish I had the answer, I really wished I did. I suppose we must just keep trying to get them help. We must not give up ever.

Ocean
WE WON'T EVER GIVE UP. Never.Thanks for your post.

We're hearing about more people killing their families lately. Is it happening more often or are we hearing about it more because we're in tune with the news?

I have read about too many of these lately, and it's terrible to read that they are killing everyone in the house including the family pets. That's some serious rage. These are sick people.

Welcome to the world I know about lately. My shingles aren't the only things I have dealt with.I know about family dysfunction and I am just trying to save my life.

mysteriew said:
But that is part of the question. Why the sudden increase in those with seemingly normal lives that suddenly develop these unseen, untreated problems, and then just snap?

I'm not smart enough to be able to answer that question, but I wish I were.

concernedperson said:
Welcome to the world I know about lately. My shingles aren't the only things I have dealt with.I know about family dysfunction and I am just trying to save my life.

I hate you are having to go through this, Concerned. I hope the New Year is better for you.

I am so tired of this, "Just Snapped". Maybe family members need to be allowed into the jail cell and "just snap" as well.

When detectives entered Michael Richardson's home on Dec. 27 they found three bodies carefully positioned as if they were mannequins.

The body of his wife, Joyce Richardson, 45, was tucked in bed. His daughter, Sunshine Richardson, 18, was lying on the couch next to the propped-up body of her 16-year-old boyfriend, Phillip Leslie.

Newport police Lt. Larry Long testified Thursday in Campbell District Court that Richardson confessed to shooting the three and dragging their bodies to other rooms in the house.

"Mr. Richardson's intention was to get in bed next to his dead wife and commit suicide," Long said.

He said Richardson then turned his 9 mm Glock pistol on the family's two dogs and one cat. Long said Richardson told him he killed the animals because he feared they would be sent to shelters and abused.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/NEWS0103/601060472/-1/CINCI

Michael Richardson: 'I lost it'

Five hours after three people were found shot to death inside his South Newport home Dec. 27, Michael Richardson Sr. sat down and "very calmly" told a Newport police detective how he fired single bullets into the faces of his wife and daughter and into the head of his daughter's boyfriend.

The 45-year-old print shop worker also said he planned to kill himself but didn't explain why he didn't follow through on that intention, Lt. Larry Long, the detective who took Richardson's confession, testified Thursday.

Based on Long's testimony, Campbell District Court Judge Karen Thomas sent three murder charges against Richardson to a grand jury.
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/NEWS01/601060344

concernedperson said:
I think of my friend in Albany often. I think of her true spirit and how she cares. But I also think of the people who don't care and let this go on and on. I wonder if the justice system is so screwed that the laws only help the perps and the victims are never really considered.:laugh: I wonder if we set our pants on fire (since we have already burned our bras) that anyone will listen? I can never in a million years accept that child abuse is a normal and a forgivable thing. Never! It is the thing that causes so much pain and so much identity crisis. Kids everywhere are experiencing this and wondering who to love? I am more about kids than I ever thought even kids that I never knew. Or will ever know.I am just wishing I could do more.
Thanks for that concerned, it made me laugh. I needed that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back