KY - Larry, 56, Jesse, 18, & Jolee Taylor, 13, found slain, Whitley Co., 13 Jan 2017 *Arrest*

Courtney L. Taylor is charged with three counts of murder (domestic violence) and two counts of attempted murder of a police officer.

Whitley County Sheriff Colan Harrell said his office got a call about the shootings Friday night. Deputy Jonas Sanders and Sergeant James Fox forced their way through the back door of the family's Whitley County home where they found Courtney Taylor with a pistol in her hand.

Officials took Courtney Taylor to UK Medical Center. After two surgeries, we are told she is in stable condition. Upon leaving the hospital, Taylor will go to the Whitley County Detention Center.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Po...rder-of-her-2-children-husband-410969765.html

I'm just waiting for *that* bomb to drop.

I'm thinking she meant for this to be a murder-suicide situation but couldn't or wouldn't follow through. Tried to get LE to take her out? I'm glad she'll have to live with what she's done for however much life she has left.

Courtney Taylor is now out of the hospital and in the Whitley County Detention Center.

Kentucky State Police announced on Wednesday afternoon that officers transported Taylor from UK Medical Center to the jail.

Taylor will be arraigned on the charges against her on Friday in Laurel County because officials appointed a special judge in the case.

Police have not released a motive for the crimes.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Wh...ith-killing-family-now-in-jail-411785345.html

Also,

911 call released from Whitley Co. triple murder case

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/911-call-released-from-Whitley-Co-triple-murder-case-411577585.html

Oh wow, I travel past Williamsburg several times a month. Stopping many, many times there over the years at the Walmart where the oldest daughter worked. My last trip by was the weekend this happened [emoji15]and I did swing by for a couple of things at the Walmart. I had yet to hear anything about this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post...it won't let me edit my first one and I hit send before I was finished.

Oh wow, I travel past Williamsburg several times a month.Stopping many, many times there over the years at various places like the Walmart where the oldest daughter worked.My last trip by was the weekend this happened [emoji15] & I did swing by the Walmart.I hadn't heard about this yet.So sad.I also have a friend that grew up there and has family still there, I will see if she can provide anymore info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A KSP detective testified that Taylor told them she shot her husband Larry over a $264,000 cash settlement she had deposited in August that had been depleted. He also testified that Taylor wrote a six-page letter. In it, they said Taylor that shot her kids "because she didn't want them growing up without a mother."

Mother? I think NOT!

Stories like these absolutely burn me up!

yep, speechless. Just wow. I am fascinated with why people do what they do. So often, they do what they do because of money. Just. Can. Not. Fathom.\

Wait wait wait. She deposited $264K in August and it was "depleted" - i.e., I shall assume he spent it. So that makes this retaliation or revenge or punishment? If the money is gone, it's gone. Not like she was gong to kill him and then get her hands on this moolah. It was reportedly gone. Don't get it. And lots of security at her (non)appearance today. Like whoa.

The Kentucky woman accused of murdering her husband and two daughters entered a not guilty plea at her Friday arraignment in a Laurel County courtroom.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/woma...-family-out-of-hospital-and-in-jail/393602432

Her next court date is scheduled for Feb 1
So she entered a plea of not guilty but then tells the motive?

A KSP detective testified that Taylor told them she shot her husband Larry over a $264,000 cash settlement she had deposited in August that had been depleted. He also testified that Taylor wrote a six-page letter. In it, they said Taylor that shot her kids "because she didn't want them growing up without a mother."

Mother? I think NOT!

I heard this detail from my friend 2 days ago, her niece went to school with the younger sister. I didn't have any way to source the info so I'm glad it's out in MSM now. I'm also impressed with how spot on the hearsay was in the "town gossip" I had heard. Lol

After reading the case review on her workers comp claim, my mind is boggled at how the mind and body that can barely exert energy from pain can choose to exert an exorbitant amount of energy murdering her family. My point is not to discredit anyone who lives in pain, I have no doubt after a spinal fusion she was in pain. Debilitating pain is real. But to murder your family over 200K proves one thing to me. Her agenda was never about the pain, or how the pain took her quality of life away, or how the bills were piling up, or having a kid starting college. It was 100% selfish GREED. JMO

Apparently, no controlled pain medications were found at the home... just one Rx for hypertension.

"Gibbs asked Det. Correll several questions about what was recovered from the home after a search warrant was issued. Det. Correll answered that guns and one non-controlled prescription bottle were recovered."

http://www.thetimestribune.com/news...cle_6f33407c-e8fc-11e6-882e-b7212a4b61c7.html

And, despite what seems to be a confession (along with the discarded handwritten notes describing why she did this)... she has entered a plea of "not guilty", and now (after watching the prelim hearing) I'm wondering if her attorney will suggest someone else committed the murders?! Is it just me getting this possible defense vibe??

http://www.thetimestribune.com/news...ube_1d1ba9b6-e8cd-11e6-bcea-cf448ce4dc3b.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back