KY KY - Melvia Roarx, 28, Caneyville, 4 June 2013 - mom of 4

Melvia has been added to the Charley Project.

roarx_melvia2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 4, 2013 from Horse Branch, Kentucky
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'4, 100 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Roarx has a linear scar on her abdomen and a scar on her upper right arm. She has the following tattoos: the cartoon character Winnie the Pooh on her right forearm, two dolphins in a heart shape on her lower back, the name "Jamie" on the base of her neck and the letter "L" in Old English writing on her right leg.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A bright green tank top, patchwork denim shorts, black or blue flip-flops, a gold ring with an opal and a silver ring with a diamond cluster.

Details of Disappearance
Roarx was last seen in Horse Branch, Kentucky on June 4, 2013. She went out to get cigarettes and cold drinks. She did arrive at the store, four miles from home, and its security cameras filmed her buying drinks and then driving away in the direction of home, but she never made it home and has never been heard from again. The white 2000 Dodge Caravan Roarx was driving was later found abandoned eighty miles away from her residence, at the 109 mile marker off Interstate 65 in Bullitt County, Kentucky. Her family can't think of a reason why she would have driven there, and the van's seat was pushed all the way back, indicating that whoever drove the vehicle last was taller than Roarx. The van's windows were rolled down and her purse was inside it, but her wallet was gone. The ignition key was broken and was found in two pieces in different parts of the van.

Roarx left behind four children, and her family describes her as a devoted parent who wouldn't have abandoned them. She hasn't used her credit cards since her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Hello hope you all havin a beautiful an blessed Easter. I am new at this so if I mess up I am sorry. In the little town i am from there is a lady that went missing 2013 . She went to country grocery in Horse Branch Ky. To get soda an cigs. She left and was never seen again. They found her van bought 80 miles up the interstate. Does anyone happen to have any info. She also has kids .Thank you so much

Hello hope you all havin a beautiful an blessed Easter. I am new at this so if I mess up I am sorry. In the little town i am from there is a lady that went missing 2013 . She went to country grocery in Horse Branch Ky. To get soda an cigs. She left and was never seen again. They found her van bought 80 miles up the interstate. Does anyone happen to have any info. She also has kids .Thank you so much

Welcome to WS. I have merged your thread with the one we currently have for Melvia and this post will bump her thread to the beginning of the 2010 missing forum.

Sounds like someone must have hid in the van or maybe jumped in the van at a stop light. No mention of DNA from the driver. I wonder if they were able to get anything.

DNA from her parents was done in 2015. I wonder if anyone in their family else has done Ancestry DNA or a similar test.

“Chaffins told WLKY his detective recently obtained DNA samples from both of Melvia Roarx's parents, so in the case remains are found, they can be positively identified sooner rather than later.”
After woman missing two years, case is reexamined

Her NamUs Profile. If there have been updates I usually see the date it was updated. I don't see anything tho. Does anyone see any ruleouts?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Demographics
Missing Age31 Years
Current Age38 Years
First Name Melvia
Middle NameKaye
Last NameRoarx
Nickname/Aliaspooh bear

SexFemale
Height 5' 0" - 5' 1" (60 - 61 Inches)
Weight 100 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJune 4, 2013
NamUs Case CreatedAugust 13, 2014
Last Known Location Map
Location Horse Branch, Kentucky 42349
CountyOhio County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of Disappearance Melvia was last seen on Video, leaving Horse Branch General store at 8:23 P.M. 06/04/2013. after purchasing soft drinks for her family. Her 2000 dodge caravan was found abandoned the following day between the 109 and 110 mile marker of I 65N. just south of Sheperdsville, Ky.

Physical Description
Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description shoulder length with mild curls
Body Hair Description n/a
Facial Hair Description n/a
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue

Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
linear abdominal scar, scar on upper right arm

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing patchwork denim shorts, bright green tank top,
Eyewear n/a
Footwear black or blue flip flops
Jewelry RINGS 0PAL ST0NE GOLD BAND SILVER BAND WITH DIAM0ND CLUSTER

Transportation
2000 Dodge Caravan

Style Van/Minivan
Color White
State Kentucky
License Plate--
Expiration Year--
Comments vehicle found abandoned

Just wondering -- have both (all?) former husbands been polygraphed? Asked to and refused? Where/how are THEY now?

Date of Birth10/27/1984 (37)
  • Race white
  • Sex female
  • Age27 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0 - 5'4, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA bright green tank top, patchwork denim shorts, black or blue flip-flops, a gold ring with an opal and a silver ring with a diamond cluster.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)White 2000 Dodge Caravan (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Roarx has a
  • linear scar on her abdomen and a scar on her upper right arm. She has the following tattoos: the cartoon character Winnie the Pooh on her right forearm, two dolphins in a heart shape on her lower back, the name "Jamie" on the base of her neck and the letter "L" in Old English writing on her right leg. Roarx's ears are pierced. Her nicknames are Pam and Pooh Bear.
  • Details of Disappearance​

Roarx was last seen in Horse Branch, Kentucky on June 4, 2013. She went out to get cigarettes and cold drinks. She did arrive at the store, four miles from home, and its security cameras filmed her buying drinks and then driving away in the direction of home, but she never made it home and has never been heard from again.

The white 2000 Dodge Caravan which she had been driving was later found abandoned eighty miles away from Roarx's residence, at the 109 mile marker off Interstate 65 in Bullitt County, Kentucky.

The van's windows were rolled down and her purse was inside it, but her wallet was gone. The ignition key was broken and was found in two pieces in different parts of the van. Her family can't think of a reason why she would have driven there, and the van's seat was pushed all the way back, indicating that whoever drove the vehicle last was taller than Roarx.

Roarx left behind four children, and her family describes her as a devoted parent who wouldn't have abandoned them. She hasn't used her credit cards since her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Grayson County Sheriff's Office 270-259-3024
    • Namus #MP25693
  • 7091055E-CFEC-405A-92C7-3D82E3FCF3F1.jpeg63D0BB69-6367-4709-8577-2B9CE6D04B84.jpeg9C8F1190-9011-43B1-A5C3-CA4117F6E4AA.jpegF0BE847F-5916-4D07-AB54-365806F208A8.jpeg

Date of Birth10/27/1984 (37)
  • Race white
  • Sex female
  • Age27 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0 - 5'4, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA bright green tank top, patchwork denim shorts, black or blue flip-flops, a gold ring with an opal and a silver ring with a diamond cluster.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)White 2000 Dodge Caravan (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Roarx has a
  • linear scar on her abdomen and a scar on her upper right arm. She has the following tattoos: the cartoon character Winnie the Pooh on her right forearm, two dolphins in a heart shape on her lower back, the name "Jamie" on the base of her neck and the letter "L" in Old English writing on her right leg. Roarx's ears are pierced. Her nicknames are Pam and Pooh Bear.
  • Details of Disappearance​

Roarx was last seen in Horse Branch, Kentucky on June 4, 2013. She went out to get cigarettes and cold drinks. She did arrive at the store, four miles from home, and its security cameras filmed her buying drinks and then driving away in the direction of home, but she never made it home and has never been heard from again.

The white 2000 Dodge Caravan which she had been driving was later found abandoned eighty miles away from Roarx's residence, at the 109 mile marker off Interstate 65 in Bullitt County, Kentucky.

The van's windows were rolled down and her purse was inside it, but her wallet was gone. The ignition key was broken and was found in two pieces in different parts of the van. Her family can't think of a reason why she would have driven there, and the van's seat was pushed all the way back, indicating that whoever drove the vehicle last was taller than Roarx.

Investigating Agency​

• Grayson County Sheriff's Office 270-259-3024
    • Namus #MP25693
  • View attachment 347948View attachment 347950View attachment 347949View attachment 347947

D4385CE4-D141-4283-9D4E-95602A71D08B.pngD4385CE4-D141-4283-9D4E-95602A71D08B.png

JUN 20, 2022
[...]

According to a person with knowledge of the search, the Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, multiple fire department personnel, and bloodhounds had no luck finding the remains of 28-year-old Melvia Roarx during searches conducted on Thursday and Friday.

The search area was concentrated about five miles northwest of Caneyville.

[...]

According to Grayson County Sheriff Norman Chaffins, his office recently received information on the location of Roarx’s remains, spurring the two-day search.

According to a news release from Grayson County Sheriff Norman Chaffins, law enforcement officers on Friday were searching an area off Old Hartfield Road in Caneyville for Melvia Roarx.

Roarx, also known as Pooh Bear, was last seen near Richland Road in Caneyville on June 4, 2013. Chaffins said at the time she was wearing a neon green spaghetti-strap top, blue jeans and flip flops.

Friday's search stemmed from a tip that was received in June 2022. Chaffins said it was decided that the search should be conducted in the fall or winter of 2023, "when the foliage was down, and the weather conditions would be more conducive to the help of the K-9s."

Deputies with the Grayson County Sheriff's Office, Kentucky State Police troopers, a couple of police K-9s and their K-9 handlers all took part in the search, according to a news release. A drone was utilized in the search.

"Melvia still has a father, sisters, children, aunts, uncles and friends that love and miss her and want her found," he said in a statement. "Every time we search, her family calls me wanting to know if we found anything. I long for the day we can tell them that we did. No family should have to go through life not knowing what happened to their loved one and we will not stop looking for her until she is found."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back