KY - Multiple casualties in active shooter situation at Old National Bank in Louisville, Apr 2023 *suspect dead*

sds71

Reaction score

A shooting in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday morning has left “multiple casualties,” authorities said.

The Louisville Metro Police said they are responding to “an active aggressor” on East Main Street in downtown, adding “there are multiple casualties.” FBI Louisville described the incident as a shooting, and other officials urged residents to stay away from the area.

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said in a tweet he was headed to the scene of the shooting. “Please pray for all of the families impacted and for the city of Louisville,” he wrote.

Oh lord, it seems we can't get through a week without a mass shooting. Every morning I worry just before checking the latest news. This morning: 5 killed, 6 taken to hospital including a police officer. Shooter neutralized?
moo

Last edited:
SAME LINK AS ABOVE:

The shooter is "down," according to the source and the incident is over.

It is unclear if the shooter is one of the six victims.

The condition of the victims is unknown and all have been transported to University Hospital.

Prayers to all involved. This hits close to home. My DD is a branch manager for a bank. And I was in banking over 20 years. This is our biggest fear.
Same here. I worked the teller line in the '80's. We actually had a customer pull up to the drive through with a water pistol and point it at one of our tellers - he thought it was funny. NOT!!

Praying for the victims!

@MarcusGreenWDRB

The #Louisville shooter appears to have been a 'lone gunman' who is believed to have a previous connection to the Old National Bank. "We're trying to establish what that connection was to the business but it appears he was a previous employee," LMPD Col. Paul Humphrey says

hayMcAlisterTV

New info from Metro Louisville leaders on active shooter: -2 officers were shot during the response -1 officer is now in surgery -8 victims taken to the hospital -shooter died on scene, unknown if it was self-inflicted

@sarasidnerCNN

On CNN News Central now shooting in Louisville, Kentucky 5 dead, 8 injured including two officers after a shooting at a bank. Kentucky @GovAndyBeshear in tears says he lost someone in the shooting & another friend of his is in the hospital
Shooter is dead &may be an ex-employee

Update:

• At least four people have been killed in a shooting at a bank in Louisville, Kentucky, law enforcement said. At least eight people were transported to a local hospital, including one police officer.
  • The shooter is also confirmed to be dead, police said, and the circumstances of the shooter's death are unknown. There is no active danger at this time, police added.
  • Police believe the lone shooter had a connection to the bank and say it appears he was a previous employee.
  • Louisville police is expected to give another update at 3 p.m. ET.

Louisville shooter is 25 years old named Connor Sturgeon
1681142873319.png
''According to sources, Sturgeon was reportedly suicidal and had contacted his family and friends earlier in the morning, telling them that he was going to kill people.

The Louisville Metro Police Department reported that eight individuals, including two officers, were transported to University Hospital for medical care.

One officer is reported to be in critical condition. The lone suspect involved in the shooting has died, and police believe that the person had a connection to the bank under investigation.

Eyewitnesses reported that Sturgeon’s family showed up at the scene, adding to the chaos and confusion surrounding the incident. The investigation is still ongoing, and law enforcement officials are urging anyone with information to come forward.''

Louisville shooter is 25 years old named Connor Sturgeon
View attachment 413888
''According to sources, Sturgeon was reportedly suicidal and had contacted his family and friends earlier in the morning, telling them that he was going to kill people.

The Louisville Metro Police Department reported that eight individuals, including two officers, were transported to University Hospital for medical care.

One officer is reported to be in critical condition. The lone suspect involved in the shooting has died, and police believe that the person had a connection to the bank under investigation.

Eyewitnesses reported that Sturgeon’s family showed up at the scene, adding to the chaos and confusion surrounding the incident. The investigation is still ongoing, and law enforcement officials are urging anyone with information to come forward.''
This is awful.

I know there is no “one size fits all,” and I don’t know why but I was not expecting the shooter to look like this.

Primarily, I think, because I did not expect him to be 25.

I’m sure there are plenty of terrible examples out there somewhere, but this is not an anguished adolescent nor a lifelong careerist with long held grievances.

Another mass shooting with people just expecting an ordinary day at work, I imagine, and another shooter’s family that has to live with this.

jmo

I know there is no “one size fits all,” and I don’t know why but I was not expecting the shooter to look like this.

Primarily, I think, because I did not expect him to be 25.

I’m sure there are plenty of terrible examples out there somewhere, but this is not an anguished adolescent nor a lifelong careerist with long held grievances.

Another mass shooting with people just expecting an ordinary day at work, I imagine, and another shooter’s family that has to live with this.

jmo
So true. His poor family. Getting a message that he is planning to kill people and getting there and finding that he has done just that and is also dead. I just can't imagine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back