KY KY - Ronald 'Brett' Kinser, 25, Bowling Green, 23 Dec 1993

First time I have heard some reports about the car being overturned. I think Ron may have been drinking heavily that night and was disoriented from the accident. Since he had a past history of substance abuse, one clipping said that when he heard the law was called, "He took off running." It would be too fast for him to create a new identity. And not showing up for his Grandmother's funeral, whom he loved. He likely ran off and died of exposure. No winter clothes, no ID, no money. He would not get very far in the frigid December weather.

Satch

Probably felt bad that his grandmother's car was totaled, imo.
rbbm.
''Last updated December 23, 2020; clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.''
Ronald Brett Kinser – The Charley Project
  • ronald_brett_kinser_1.jpg
  • ronald_brett_kinser_2.jpg
''Kinser, circa 1993; Age-progression to age 37 (circa 2005)
  • Missing Since 12/23/1993
  • Missing From Bowling Green, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/25/1968 (52)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'2, 180 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A purple t-dyed shirt, blue jeans and black lace-up ankle-high moccasins.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Kinser goes by his middle name, Brett. He had a short beard at the time of his disappearance, and he also wears contact lenses.''

''Kinser was involved in a car accident only fifty feet from the end of the driveway at his family's residence on Cemetery Road in Bowling Green, Kentucky, at approximately midnight on December 23, 1993. He had been headed to town when he overturned his car on Cumberland Trace Road, near Interstate 65 and Cemetery Road. The car, which belonged to his grandmother, was totaled.

Two passersby asked Kinser if he was all right. He had a cut on his forehead above his eye but appeared to be otherwise uninjured. He thanked them, ran into a nearby field, and disappeared. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him. One theory is he accepted a ride from a passing motorist.''

Frankly, reading all the newspaper articles (and there were many) made me more confused. They all seemed to vary just slightly, but enough to make me go “hmm”. I wish I could see on a map where the accident occurred. I couldn’t even pinpoint that because the location wasn’t obvious to me. I’m really not sure what to think happened to him.

The area where the wreck occurred has been obliterated due to new highways being built, a new Interstate interchange being built, and rerouting of old highways. Do an Internet search for "junction of Hwy 234 and Cumberland Trace." That should get you to the general area. The road that parallels I-65 at the junction on the northeastern side is Cumberland Trace Road - its route has changed slightly from how it was in 1993.

Hwy 234 which is perpendicular to I-65 is also called Cemetery Road. It has really changed in both directions.

Brett is (hate using was) a close friend. He was driving his grandmother’s car. He lived with her and she was very important to him. He was coming home, not going into town and was maybe 2 football fields from his home. He could see it from the crash site. A person stopped and said they turned around to go to their vehicle and when they turned back around he was simply gone. He was not dressed for winter weather in KY if he’d planned to leave. He had no identification with him.

This haunts me. He is a true friend and is loved by so many. I hope one day he comes home. Or at least we find where he is. It’s so hard to believe that he has been gone for almost 30 years. He is missed deeply.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back