KY - Scotty Baker, 10, abducted & murdered, Manchester, 25 Nov 1992

There is a real problem with our justice system. We let people who are convicted child molesters, rapists and killers out on 'good behaviour' to make room for other offenders and many times those offenders are convicted of much lesser crimes. There is no reason someone who is convicted on possesion of marjuana should do (well, anytime in my opinion) more time than a rapist but yet I hear about it all the time.
Sadly, this has a great deal to do with the so-called "War on Drugs" and federal mandated minimum sentence of 40 years for not only those dealing drugs but for anyone who is friends, relatives, or just knows, someone dealing drugs.

Cali implemented a similar "zero-tolerance" for gangs. Unfortunately, the law caught up some people who never should have been arrested in the first place (i.e., one boy seeing a case worker said a gang had approached him to join, and he asked advisement on how to decline w/o getting killed. Next thing he knew, his butt was in jail for 20 years).

As for the drug laws? If states refuse to implement the mandated minimum sentencing, their funding gets pulled. And imho, for most states, the corrections system is not about getting tough on crime, it's about money.

Sadly, this has a great deal to do with the so-called "War on Drugs" and federal mandated minimum sentence of 40 years for not only those dealing drugs but for anyone who is friends, relatives, or just knows, someone dealing drugs.

Cali implemented a similar "zero-tolerance" for gangs. Unfortunately, the law caught up some people who never should have been arrested in the first place (i.e., one boy seeing a case worker said a gang had approached him to join, and he asked advisement on how to decline w/o getting killed. Next thing he knew, his butt was in jail for 20 years).

As for the drug laws? If states refuse to implement the mandated minimum sentencing, their funding gets pulled. And imho, for most states, the corrections system is not about getting tough on crime, it's about money.

100% agree.

Oh so she'll just go about her business. Live her life. No problems. I've mentioned before that's why only one member of my family went to the trial for the 's that murdered our loved one. Indeed two were out within 10 years and the actual shooter was out within a few years after that. Yep, and then your children get to sit in school with their children. Your family gets to see them laughing and joking around. It's all a crock. This poor, poor mother of this little boy. How one doesn't go off and snap is beyond me. Pretty much this tells me I can go murder someone and I'll be walking the streets again at some point. Edit to say of course I wouldn't because I'm a civilized human being with morals and a heart, but you can't imagine what this does to people and generations after that. This makes me literally sick.

Sorry about your loss Filly.
The release of this lowlife makes me sick too.

Absolutely horrible.

She is "rehabilitated", educated and repentant, ready to proceed with her life. The child is still dead!

We need to kick out legislators that got us in this mess and send smarter, more realistic people to replace them. Unfortunately, the slate doesn't appear to have any better choices than before.

I am for term limits. Professional politicians must go and take the lobbyists with them.

Sadly, this has a great deal to do with the so-called "War on Drugs" and federal mandated minimum sentence of 40 years for not only those dealing drugs but for anyone who is friends, relatives, or just knows, someone dealing drugs......As for the drug laws? If states refuse to implement the mandated minimum sentencing, their funding gets pulled. And imho, for most states, the corrections system is not about getting tough on crime, it's about money.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I seen this case on FBI files or something like that. She totally lied to the police and almost got away with it. She killed him because she was jealous of him. She should never get out.

I remember that show too. Some people need to be slapped upside the head and asked what the he** they're thinking.

I have been on websleuths for almost 10 years and can't believe I didn't know this thread existed. Scotty was my friend. My memory is fuzzy all these years later, but I believe his body was found 24 years ago today. My moms friend walked into our basketball practice with a look on his face that I'll never forget. I knew what it meant.

He was such a happy kid. My daughter is almost the age we were when this happened, last night I was thinking about how I hope she never has to deal with anything like this in her life. It changed me and everyone involved.

I still can't believe this woman is out, she is as much at fault as the step mom.

I'm sorry SC , from experience it does change you. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back