KY KY - Shepherdsville, WhtMale 18-22, UP14560, Burned, Poss Canadian, Old Fracture Left Mandible, Western Style Clothing, May'76

I mean, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of that is a shirt made of the same material as the material that's used for fishnet stockings. At least, that's what Google's indicating (on a bit of a tangent, I'd imagine that if I'd searched that in public I would've gotten a fair few... odd looks, lol).

Perhaps it was somewhat similar to this?
HTB1tF9WXIfpK1RjSZFOq6y6nFXak.jpg

Yah... I had something totally different in mind lol... It’s just that when I first read the description, my mind went straight to fishnet stockings. So I couldn’t imagine a shirt nor do I know if they were popular then. Popular among certain “crowds”? Not relevant I’m sure, just want to visualize what our guy might have looked like or worn back then.

Distance is an issue but thought there were enough similarities to post.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age23 Years
Current Age67 Years
First NameCraig
Middle NameSteven
Last NameChiarappa
Nickname/Alias--

SexMale
Height5' 8" - 5' 9" (68 - 69 Inches)
Weight160 - 175 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactApril 11, 1976
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 25, 2017
Last Known Location Map
LocationMiddlefield, Connecticut
CountyMiddlesex County

Circumstances of DisappearanceCraig was a patient of VA Hospital located in Newington Ct. Craig was reported missing by said hospital on April 11, 1976.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionFull/thick hair
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair DescriptionMustache with an occasional beard/goatee
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Sister reported that Craig had linear scars on both knees

Distance is an issue but thought there were enough similarities to post.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age23 Years
Current Age67 Years
First NameCraig
Middle NameSteven
Last NameChiarappa
Nickname/Alias--

SexMale
Height5' 8" - 5' 9" (68 - 69 Inches)
Weight160 - 175 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactApril 11, 1976
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 25, 2017
Last Known Location Map
LocationMiddlefield, Connecticut
CountyMiddlesex County

Circumstances of DisappearanceCraig was a patient of VA Hospital located in Newington Ct. Craig was reported missing by said hospital on April 11, 1976.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionFull/thick hair
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair DescriptionMustache with an occasional beard/goatee
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Sister reported that Craig had linear scars on both knees
They look identical IMO!! Our Doe has pretty descriptive dental information and Craig’s photo shows a lot of his teeth! I wish I understood more about it so I could compare the two. I think he may be the best possible match thus far! (JMO)

I’m adding him to the spreadsheet! ;)

ETA: side by sides

Attachments

• DA766402-240A-4A65-97BD-D3088045E40C.jpeg
    DA766402-240A-4A65-97BD-D3088045E40C.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11
  • E16DF5A7-7182-4E3C-A44D-E2330C72EDDE.jpeg
    E16DF5A7-7182-4E3C-A44D-E2330C72EDDE.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
This missing boy was added to Charley Project in the last few days and I’d never seen him before. I don’t see a strong resemblance in the two but the circumstances and timeline are a match IMO. A better photo of Donald might help in comparing physical appearance.
Donald Wayne Sharp – The Charley Project
32A63932-40CE-4F91-A2F2-8F1CFFA74E1B.jpeg
He is missing from West Portsmouth, Ohio since February 1, 1976.
18 years old, 5'6 - 5'10, 145 pounds, sandy brown hair, blue eyes. According to The Charley Project:
Details of Disappearance
Sharp was last seen in West Portsmouth, Ohio on February 1, 1976. He was dropped off at Shawnee State Park to go on a solo camping trip. He took a bookbag with a few days' worth of clothes, his violin, and writing papers and writing utensils. When his brothers came to pick him up, he wasn't there. Park rangers were notified and a missing persons report was filed, but he was never located.

Sharp lived in Newport, Kentucky at the time of his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.
ETA...there is a childhood photo of Donald on his NamUs profile. I see more of a resemblance in that one.
7190CC09-8E37-41A2-974B-249113699FBE.jpeg
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/61209

Attachments

• EE5475BC-F1B6-4CE5-AEEB-692A9677FDA6.jpeg
    EE5475BC-F1B6-4CE5-AEEB-692A9677FDA6.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I mean, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of that is a shirt made of the same material as the material that's used for fishnet stockings. At least, that's what Google's indicating (on a bit of a tangent, I'd imagine that if I'd searched that in public I would've gotten a fair few... odd looks, lol).

Perhaps it was somewhat similar to this?
HTB1tF9WXIfpK1RjSZFOq6y6nFXak.jpg

Mesh shirts were very popular in the 70s and early 80s.

Link to a popular style mesh shirt that may be more in line with what authorities stated he was wearing underneath the western-style shirt:

1970s blue mesh shirt - Google Search

@MadMcGoo the thing i wonder about is the doe had auburn/red hair and Chiarappa does not....
True. I gave a little leeway since he was burned. I’ve seen that effect hair color in some cases, depending on certain circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back