KY KY - Shively, WhtFem 20-40, UP74, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

I’m reading a book, “Smooth Operator”, about serial killer Glen Edward Rogers. I came across something that caught my attention but I can’t find any information about her. Hopefully someone here will have better luck.

There is only one sentence referencing this and it is mentioned after his arrest in KY and pertaining to possible links to other states and cases.

“Directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, police in Covington, Kentucky, also pulled out their files on the July 1994 disappearance of forty-year-old Diane Washington, to give them a close look for any possible links to Rogers.”

I thought of this Doe. I can’t find any information on her disappearance online and in newspaper archives. The book was published over 2 decades ago, so maybe she’s simply not missing anymore??

I’m reading a book, “Smooth Operator”, about serial killer Glen Edward Rogers. I came across something that caught my attention but I can’t find any information about her. Hopefully someone here will have better luck.

There is only one sentence referencing this and it is mentioned after his arrest in KY and pertaining to possible links to other states and cases.

“Directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, police in Covington, Kentucky, also pulled out their files on the July 1994 disappearance of forty-year-old Diane Washington, to give them a close look for any possible links to Rogers.”

I thought of this Doe. I can’t find any information on her disappearance online and in newspaper archives. The book was published over 2 decades ago, so maybe she’s simply not missing anymore??

The only real way to find out would be to call the Covington PD to see if she is still missing.

The book got her last name wrong. Her name was Diane Marguerite Washer. There's quite a bit on newspapers.com. She was found deceased. Only some of her bones were recovered. I attached part of an article. The rest is here: 12 Dec 1998, Page 20 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

More can be found online where a subscription is not required, including this:
LARRY RAY FREEMAN v. COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY

Link to second attachment: 11 Dec 1994, Page 77 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

Attachments

• The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Dec_12__1998_.jpg
    The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Dec_12__1998_.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Washer, Diane.JPG
    Washer, Diane.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The book got her last name wrong. Her name was Diane Marguerite Washer. There's quite a bit on newspapers.com. She was found deceased. Only some of her bones were recovered. I attached part of an article. The rest is here: 12 Dec 1998, Page 20 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

More can be found online where a subscription is not required, including this:
LARRY RAY FREEMAN v. COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY

Link to second attachment: 11 Dec 1994, Page 77 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com
Yes, excellent work! Thanks for finding out about her. May she rest in peace.

Is this Jane Doe on someone's fgg radar?
@othram would this be a case for you? I would love for this person to go home.

Shively Jane Doe's NamUs page has been modified on 1/25/23
Two more rule outs have been added
102 rule outs/exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP9574
Anna Zirkle
Date of Last Contact February 01, 1997
State OH
County Franklin
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP36994
Lynn Cunningham
Date of Last Contact February 01, 2002
State OH
County Medina

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Othram is now on the case: Who is Jefferson County Jane Doe (2005)?. We are crowdfunding this case so please share the link with folks and help spread the word.

Time to name another Doe!
1690113046735.png
''In July 2005, partial skeletal remains were located as a construction company was clearing a lot in the 3600 block of Seventh Street Road in the City of Shively, a suburb of Louisville, Kentucky. Investigators determined that the remains belonged to a Caucasian female between the ages of twenty and forty years old. Investigators suspect that the death could be a homicide. The woman was estimated to be 5’2” in height and her weight was unknown. Several short hairs were recovered, leading investigators to believe the woman had straight brown hair. However, it is possible that the color represented the woman’s root color only. The woman’s nose was described as “distinctively narrow.” No clothing or other identifying items were found near the crime scene.

In June 2007, details of the unidentified person case were entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) as case number #UP74. To help generate leads for the woman's identity, a forensic artist rendering was created in 2009. Since the discovery of the unknown woman’s body, more than 100 women have been ruled out as the victim. Despite continuous efforts by law enforcement to identify the woman, no leads have yielded a match to identity.

In 2023, the Shively Police Department partnered with Othram to generate new leads in the case using advanced DNA technology and forensic genetic genealogy. Anyone with information that could aid in the investigation is encouraged to contact the Shively Police Department by calling 502-448-6181 and referencing agency case number FA-2005-41 or NamUs ID #UP74.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back