KY KY - Tammy Pippin, 28, Fort Knox, 18 Dec 1987

Welcome, cptmac. Seems like an obvious question. I wondered about that, myself. Interesting timing, too, one year to the date of the last post.
Curious if there has been any breaks.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but came to it in search of finding answers to my mother's murder 25 years ago. I was young when she died, so I never knew the details of the case, but as I get older I long for answers. I would appreciate any advice on handling my search.

A little about the case:

We lived in Fort Knox, KY at the time in Hardin County near Elizabethtown. From what I remember, she left and never came back and was missing for over a year. I recently ordered the death certificate and see that she was killed in December 1987 and her body was found buried in the woods in November 1988. An autopsy was conducted but cause of death says, "homicide by means not determined."

I called the coroners office today to see if I can get a copy of the autopsy hoping that might provide more clues.

During my research, I found posted on the Elizabethtown Police Department cold case list, other cold cases of female victims during the same time period. I'm not sure if they could be linked.

I would like to know how I can ascertain whether or not my mother's case has been given any attention by detectives, or if it has just been put on a shelf with no one paying attention to it. Thank you for your advice!
I remember this. We went to school together at van voorhis and walker middle. Im sorry to hear you never found closure. I remember you as a child when your mother was missing. I remember them finding her remains in the woods i played in. I lived at 5435 b chaffee ave. 2 or 3 blocks from where you lived next to the little bridge that led to van voorhis. I wish i knew more.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but came to it in search of finding answers to my mother's murder 25 years ago. I was young when she died, so I never knew the details of the case, but as I get older I long for answers. I would appreciate any advice on handling my search.

A little about the case:

We lived in Fort Knox, KY at the time in Hardin County near Elizabethtown. From what I remember, she left and never came back and was missing for over a year. I recently ordered the death certificate and see that she was killed in December 1987 and her body was found buried in the woods in November 1988. An autopsy was conducted but cause of death says, "homicide by means not determined."

I called the coroners office today to see if I can get a copy of the autopsy hoping that might provide more clues.

During my research, I found posted on the Elizabethtown Police Department cold case list, other cold cases of female victims during the same time period. I'm not sure if they could be linked.

I would like to know how I can ascertain whether or not my mother's case has been given any attention by detectives, or if it has just been put on a shelf with no one paying attention to it. Thank you for your advice!
I remember this. We went to school together at van voorhis and walker middle. Im sorry to hear you never found closure. I remember you as a child when your mother was missing. I remember them finding her remains in the woods i played in. I lived at 5435 b chaffee ave. 2 or 3 blocks from where you lived next to the little bridge that led to van voorhis. I wish i knew more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back