Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

But even in this excerpt Terri is doubted only to have been proven right - there were chaperones leading groups of children. Why would the school deny it?
"I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list."

Was this "man" ever identified? What did he look like?

Just fyi I saw just now in People magazine online that remains missing 54 years were found on sauvie island, she was a teenager from Portland missing 54 years.

Just fyi I saw just now in People magazine online that remains missing 54 years were found on sauvie island, she was a teenager from Portland missing 54 years.

Tragic, but I hope Sandra can rest in peace now. She has a short thread on Websleuths.

Never give up! Justice for Kyron! Terri is not a victim!

My theory is that Terri saw Kyron heading towards his classroom door like she said. The abductor saw her turn away and go down the stairs. Kyron told his classmate that he was going to see the "electrical" display and left to do so. The abductor saw Kyron leave the safety of his peers and go off by himself. The abductor followed Kyron and lured him away. The abductor steered Kyron towards his white pickup truck (similar to Terri's) and drove off with him. I suspect the abductor promised to show Kyron something. The teacher not marking him absent gave the abductor time to leave the area with Kyron. By the time Kyron failed to get off the bus at home, he could have been many miles away or deceased and his body disposed of. He hasn't been found because he is outside the search area. I believe this was planned out in advance except for which child he would abduct. I, also, believe the abductor has abducted at least one other child before Kyron and has probably abducted another/others since then. I suspect the abductor to be a male between the ages of 30 and 60 because a younger person would have stood out inside the school.

Nor for me, I'm a step Mom also.

One thing that is rarely discussed - in March 2010, Terri's son J was sent to live with his Grandparents. Later he moved in with his Dad. No reason has ever been given, but I'm curious why that happened. Sending your kid to live elsewhere is a bid deal in my opinion. Was this around the same time Terri sent emails to Desiree, regarding Kyron coming to live with her?

Sorry to have missed this earlier. I don't see a response so I'd like to weigh in. There is quite a bit on it. I'll add a few links at the end.

In answer to your question, the only link I have containing a reference to a time frame would be the following:
Snipped: Investigators uncovered private emails Terri sent to a friend shortly before Kyron disappeared.

I'll add links for two short videos. I hope I'm not veering off-topic regarding the batch of emails you are referring to:

In my opinion, the time frame of the following emails is also interesting.
[[Pg 202] The police had been studying Terri's emails. Terri's first attempt to hire a hitman had been in December 2009. She approached Rodolfo Sanchez in May 2010.
"Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

Links concerning Terri's bio son, J:
Snipped: In March, [J] went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked. ...
It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion.
One version - in Horman’s own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.
“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail. ...
But that’s not what Terri’s friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out.

Snipped: In February, Terri sent [J] to Roseburg to live with his maternal grandparents.
"I was on a business trip when she made that decision," Kaine said. "She called me on my first day (in California) and said they had gotten into a fight. She couldn't handle it anymore. She was going to call his dad to talk about other options."
Kaine said he didn't want James to move out, but it wasn't his decision. ...

[J] said he misses his little sister — and would like to see Kaine as well.
"He was like a dad to me," [J] said. "I lived with him for eight years."

Snipped: "We're dealing with someone who is a master of deception, misdirection, and she's bringing it forward in spades," Kaine said of Terri during a press conference at the boy's 'Wall of Hope.'
Kaine said that, since the investigation began, he's heard directly from friends and family about conversations they had with Terri.
He said he realized too late, after he and Terri were no longer together, that she was crafting an image of her relationship with him and children in their household that was untrue.

I'd say Terri not being charged anytime soon is what's likely to be her savior. Three successive DAs have neglected to charge her in 14 years, no Grand Jury has indicted her despite being first empaneled only two months after the abduction. No new incriminating information has emerged, no new leads and no aspiring DA has promised to charge her. So I don't think young TP will be call upon to save her.
Yet, the statements attributed to and made by this sweet innocent continue to be trotted out after all these years as Terri’s first line of defense.

Over and over and over, we hear their familiar refrain. And I’m sure it will continue despite the inaccuracy.

More incriminating evidence may have surfaced, not that they need it. But how would we know? Neither law enforcement nor the DA’s office will issue a bulletin informing us. We have to wait for the handcuffs.

We have no reason to believe it was his grandmother who made him say what he said. For one, why would she? For the other, why this particular story? Why make him say the bit about the electrical exhibit?
I can’t explain why anyone would do and say the things they do and say.

However, the grandmother said "Tanner has told her":

[2:02] Reporter: Wendy says Tanner has told her he saw Kyron’s stepmom, Terri, leaving the school building. Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.
Video embedded in Websleuths' comment

Where we are today is without an official suspect, without an official PoI, without a body and without any physical evidence. Perhaps the police disregarded TP's story to their own detriment?
We are here without human remains. I agree. Specifically, the human remains of 7-year-old Kyron Richard Horman. His whole life was taken from him. He was alone when he faced a demon. IMO

There are many dirty alleyways where justice abandoned Kyron. I believe in a tomorrow that will be brighter because it will hold justice for Kyron. Justice for Kyron! Justice for Kyron!

Snipped quote: In a legal memo filed today, Bunch argues that Terri can't proceed at this time to protect her rights to property, custody and parenting time because she is a "de facto suspect" in the disappearance of Kyron and at the center of a police investigation.
Terri Moulton Horman, focus in stepson Kyron Horman's disappearance, shows for divorce hearing

Snipped quote: "The defendant is a prime suspect in the investigation," Circuit Court Judge Henry Kantor wrote, explaining his decision to allow the case to proceed but allowing Terri Horman to avoid a deposition that could potentially incriminate her in the criminal investigation.
Kyron Horman's Stepmother Called 'Prime Suspect' by Judge

Snipped quote: If she is forced to talk, she would be granted immunity under Oregon law. …
"Terri will not be called to the grand jury if she is in fact the prime suspect, because if you have your prime suspect testify to the grand jury, then you just granted them immunity in the process if you compel them to testify," he said.

Kyron's parents testify before grand jury

Regarding young TP, in my opinion, it’s not that law enforcement disregarded his statements because they certainly did not. They have a statement from at least one other source that discredits his. The statement made by the grandmother provided and still provides good media entertainment, but that’s the end of its usefulness to Terri. As discussed previously above and also here.

And yet, it makes no sense for the story to take place any time with Terri still in the building. She kept Kyron with her at all points (we have no testimony from anyone seeing Terri alone in the school, only Kyron) except their ascent via different stairways.
Here is an interesting citation opening up an interesting hypothesis:
[Pg 263] Underhill said at least one witness told police they saw a second adult, on a phone, in the truck while Terri was in the school. Another had seen the truck moved. Later, detectives told Desiree that despite tips, they didn't think there was anyone else in Terri's truck, at least when it was parked at the school. They thought the person sighted on the phone in the truck was Terri.

I like this bit, as it directly contradicts the facts as we know them. Terri's leaked email shows that she didn't claim she had seen Kyron with a chaperone, she said she had heard that from someone else:

But even in this excerpt Terri is doubted only to have been proven right - there were chaperones leading groups of children. Why would the school deny it?
The citation isn't about Terri's leaked email. It's about Terri trying to explain where Kyron was when she last saw him. Sometime during the evening of June 4, 2010, her revised version was Kyron had been with a chaperone who had been leading the children around when she left. Please see Page 40, Chapter 3 of “Boy Missing – The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris. The whole chapter is worth reading, BTW. IMO

The June 5, 2010 email contained specific details not given in the citation, such as an unidentified someone had told this to Terri about another unidentified someone who was a male and a chaperone and was seen with Kyron and two girls after Terri left. Any guesses on how long it would take law enforcement to catch what was going on? How much time and manpower would a reasonable person expect law enforcement to waste on this? It’s worse than her “hilly roads” story. And Kyron was missing!

I wonder if the email referred to as being leaked was one that DeDe turned over to law enforcement. Terri got a lot of good mileage out of that leak.

Speaking of DeDe, much like the school she seemed to have a problem with words and their meaning. Working as opposed to volunteering, for example. Isn’t it strange when otherwise intelligent adults can’t seem to distinguish the meaning of the simplest words?
DeDe’s civil deposition. See bottom right of page 3.

Since the early stages of the investigation, the school was aware that Kyron was not in his group. Why would the school deny it is a good question.

Law enforcement determined to keep every tiny detail secret and a rogue student encouraged by a grandparent to give misleading interviews to the press didn’t make it easy for the school.

Yet, the statements attributed to and made by this sweet innocent continue to be trotted out after all these years as Terri’s first line of defense.

I would think that in discussions about an unsolved case, actual statements from what may well be the last person except his killer to see Kyron might be of interest in themselves, and not dismissed as something "trotted out" because they're inconvenient to the dominant opinion.

Over and over and over, we hear their familiar refrain. And I’m sure it will continue despite the inaccuracy.

What inaccuracy?

More incriminating evidence may have surfaced, not that they need it. But how would we know? Neither law enforcement nor the DA’s office will issue a bulletin informing us. We have to wait for the handcuffs.

There will be no handcuffs. Not on Terri, anyway.

I can’t explain why anyone would do and say the things they do and say.

However, the grandmother said "Tanner has told her":

[2:02] Reporter: Wendy says Tanner has told her he saw Kyron’s stepmom, Terri, leaving the school building. Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.
Video embedded in Websleuths' comment

Yes, and the rest comes directly from TP himself. He saw Kyron alone in the school, somewhere upstairs (since he went downstairs directly after). This does not match anything we know of Kyron's movements before Terri left the school.

Regarding young TP, in my opinion, it’s not that law enforcement disregarded his statements because they certainly did not. They have a statement from at least one other source that discredits his. The statement made by the grandmother provided and still provides good media entertainment, but that’s the end of its usefulness to Terri. As discussed previously above and also here.

I'd say it guarantees that Terri will never be charged, much less convicted. Even if they do have some testimony "discrediting" TP, they obviously haven't been able to convince a Grand Jury to indict, so my guess is that whatever they have is less than compelling.

If you ask me, the MCSO realized long ago - as in late June 2010 - that Terri wasn't the one who took Kyron from the school, based on testimonies like the one from TP, and the evidence from CCTV and witnesses ensuring that she didn't have Kyron with her during the subsequent hour. That's when we begin to see focus on potential "accomplices" (landscaper, Dede, mystery man) who could have taken Kyron and met up with Terri at Sauvie Island or somewhere. But, also obviously, they haven't been able to substantiate that theory.

Here is an interesting citation opening up an interesting hypothesis:
[Pg 263] Underhill said at least one witness told police they saw a second adult, on a phone, in the truck while Terri was in the school. Another had seen the truck moved. Later, detectives told Desiree that despite tips, they didn't think there was anyone else in Terri's truck, at least when it was parked at the school. They thought the person sighted on the phone in the truck was Terri.

This is one of many statements in the book that makes very little sense. Terri was sitting in her truck on the phone while Terri was inside the school? Are these quantum Terris? Astral projections? The police were quite adamant to the media at the time that it was a second person in the truck (or as I suspect, a truck that was confused for Terri's), and that it was during the time Terri was inside the school (also that it wasn't Dede).

The citation isn't about Terri's leaked email. It's about Terri trying to explain where Kyron was when she last saw him. Sometime during the evening of June 4, 2010, her revised version was Kyron had been with a chaperone who had been leading the children around when she left. Please see Page 40, Chapter 3 of “Boy Missing – The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris. The whole chapter is worth reading, BTW. IMO

Terri's leaked email discredits the passage from the book. Terri wasn't telling people she had seen Kyron with the chaperone, she said Kyron had been seen with a chaperone. The book even quotes the email later. The passage also seems to have confused the school's denial of "substitutes" (what TP called the chaperones) with denial of chaperones altogether.

But, Portland Public School spokesman Matt Shelby said the account can't be true: "There were no substitutes at the school that day (the day Kyron disappeared)," he said.

The June 5, 2010 email contained specific details not given in the citation, such as an unidentified someone had told this to Terri about another unidentified someone who was a male and a chaperone and was seen with Kyron and two girls after Terri left. Any guesses on how long it would take law enforcement to catch what was going on? How much time and manpower would a reasonable person expect law enforcement to waste on this? It’s worse than her “hilly roads” story. And Kyron was missing!

Are we just not expecting the MCSO to do their jobs? They should have questioned everyone in the school within days at most, regardless of what Terri told them. That is in no way "wasting time and manpower", that is the bare minimum expected. Terri would have no way of knowing if the tip was legit, so why shouldn't she pass it on? She obviously didn't make it up, as it would have fallen apart the moment the police asked her who told her about it.

I wonder if the email referred to as being leaked was one that DeDe turned over to law enforcement. Terri got a lot of good mileage out of that leak.

A lot of people turned over mails. There's no reason to think this was Dede's.

Speaking of DeDe, much like the school she seemed to have a problem with words and their meaning. Working as opposed to volunteering, for example. Isn’t it strange when otherwise intelligent adults can’t seem to distinguish the meaning of the simplest words?
DeDe’s civil deposition. See bottom right of page 3.

So she didn't get paid for the gardening, but was compensated when she did extra work like hostessing? She actually explains it pretty well, I don't know where the confusion comes in.

Since the early stages of the investigation, the school was aware that Kyron was not in his group. Why would the school deny it is a good question.

Did they ever deny it publicly?

Law enforcement determined to keep every tiny detail secret and a rogue student encouraged by a grandparent to give misleading interviews to the press didn’t make it easy for the school.

Or it was less "misleading" and more "inconvenient" to them, just as they were trying to apply pressure to Terri. And of course we know the results - a big fat fiasco for the MCSO.

Tick tock. Can't wait for handcuffs on Terri and her locked up forever. It is a blessing Kiara did not grow up with Terri, thank God for that. That a loving extended family was torn apart by Terri's actions is tragic and horrific. And the pain never stops for those Kyron was stolen from. :( :confused::mad:

I would think that in discussions about an unsolved case, actual statements from what may well be the last person except his killer to see Kyron might be of interest in themselves, and not dismissed as something "trotted out" because they're inconvenient to the dominant opinion.

What inaccuracy?

There will be no handcuffs. Not on Terri, anyway.

Yes, and the rest comes directly from TP himself. He saw Kyron alone in the school, somewhere upstairs (since he went downstairs directly after). This does not match anything we know of Kyron's movements before Terri left the school.

I'd say it guarantees that Terri will never be charged, much less convicted. Even if they do have some testimony "discrediting" TP, they obviously haven't been able to convince a Grand Jury to indict, so my guess is that whatever they have is less than compelling.

If you ask me, the MCSO realized long ago - as in late June 2010 - that Terri wasn't the one who took Kyron from the school, based on testimonies like the one from TP, and the evidence from CCTV and witnesses ensuring that she didn't have Kyron with her during the subsequent hour. That's when we begin to see focus on potential "accomplices" (landscaper, Dede, mystery man) who could have taken Kyron and met up with Terri at Sauvie Island or somewhere. But, also obviously, they haven't been able to substantiate that theory.
I shudder for Kyron when I think about the last face he saw. The face of the devil advancing on him. He was 7-years-old.

How do we know the grand jury didn’t vote to indict? Could you provide a supporting link for your statement, please? Maybe they brought back a true bill and the DA decided to shelve their decision, like in the Ramsey case. It seems the DA’s office was afraid to take a “no body” case to trial; afraid they couldn’t find a jury who would understand circumstantial evidence. Justice for Kyron!

Perusing the links here will highlight more than one inaccuracy in Tanner’s statements.

My apologies for repeating myself, but Tanner will not be Terri’s savior. OMO

Minus his grandmother’s statement that Terri left without Kyron, the most glaring inaccuracy is Tanner’s last sighting of Kyron. We have to guess at a time. Factually, it likely occurred while Terri was still at the school. This leaves Terri with no witness placing Kyron at the school while she was at Fred Meyer, Hillsboro, around 9:00 a.m. Terri was there. She has a receipt and there is CCTV footage of her. But, where was Kyron?

Around 10:00 a.m., Terri was at Fred Meyer, Beaverton. Terri has a receipt and there is CCTV footage of her. She even managed to ensure a witness at this Fred Myer. But, where was Kyron?

Around August 9, 2010, the following was released by the MCSO:
2nd Flyer Pg 1 Released June 18, 2010.jpg
Nothing has changed except the possibility that more evidence has been discovered. IMO

Landscaper and mystery man only made it as potential "accomplices" in the blogs/discussion groups. Mostly in the blogs/discussion groups led and fed by Terri and her supporters. In my opinion.

My theory is that Terri saw Kyron heading towards his classroom door like she said. The abductor saw her turn away and go down the stairs. Kyron told his classmate that he was going to see the "electrical" display and left to do so. The abductor saw Kyron leave the safety of his peers and go off by himself. The abductor followed Kyron and lured him away. The abductor steered Kyron towards his white pickup truck (similar to Terri's) and drove off with him. I suspect the abductor promised to show Kyron something. The teacher not marking him absent gave the abductor time to leave the area with Kyron. By the time Kyron failed to get off the bus at home, he could have been many miles away or deceased and his body disposed of. He hasn't been found because he is outside the search area. I believe this was planned out in advance except for which child he would abduct. I, also, believe the abductor has abducted at least one other child before Kyron and has probably abducted another/others since then. I suspect the abductor to be a male between the ages of 30 and 60 because a younger person would have stood out inside the school.
I wonder if the "science fair" was advertised to the local public in advance as a school event? While it doesn't appear to have been open to the public, it may have helped the abductor find an event where he could blend in with parents and grandparents. Wasn't there a report of someone asking where a school was?

How do we know the grand jury didn’t vote to indict? Could you provide a supporting link for your statement, please? Maybe they brought back a true bill and the DA decided to shelve their decision, like in the Ramsey case. It seems the DA’s office was afraid to take a “no body” case to trial; afraid they couldn’t find a jury who would understand circumstantial evidence. Justice for Kyron!

The Ramsey case was different in that the DA and the police were at odds, and the DA had to be pushed into empaneling the GJ much later. Whereas in Kyron's case, the DA and MCSO quickly moved to the GJ stage without any sign of disagreement between them. The whole point of the GJ system is to get an indictment, and if the DA is actively seeking one, it's certainly odd and rare that they would turn on a dime and not prosecute as soon as they got one. Another difference with regards to the Ramsey case is that the DA only managed to get two weak counts of indictment - not for murder, or abuse, or kidnapping, but for putting a child in endangerment.

I've seen no indication that the DA was afraid of taking a "no body" case to trial. It has happened plenty of times, and as I've mentioned, three DAs have been in charge during the whole case - none of whom has gone ahead with charges.

If anything, an existing true bill would just show how astonishingly weak the case against Terri is, if the DA and MCSO are so insecure about it.

Perusing the links here will highlight more than one inaccuracy in Tanner’s statements.

I don't see any.

My apologies for repeating myself, but Tanner will not be Terri’s savior. OMO

Tanner will not need to be. Terri won't be charged.

Minus his grandmother’s statement that Terri left without Kyron, the most glaring inaccuracy is Tanner’s last sighting of Kyron. We have to guess at a time. Factually, it likely occurred while Terri was still at the school.

Terri entered the school with Kyron, went to the classroom, talked to the teacher, took the picture (Gina Z has given times around 8:15 and 8:30 for these). They then toured together and visited Kyron's old teacher in 104. At least two teachers saw them together (Porter and McBeth, presumably). Terri then says they ascended different staircases and that she left after telling Kyron (who was on his way to his classroom) that she was leaving. While we have two people on the record as seeing Kyron along (TP and TK), not a single witness has come forward and said they saw Terri alone at any point. So when would the meeting between TP and Kyron occur? It had to be in the upstairs hallway, since TP said he went downstairs immediately after the meeting.

This leaves Terri with no witness placing Kyron at the school while she was at Fred Meyer, Hillsboro, around 9:00 a.m. Terri was there. She has a receipt and there is CCTV footage of her. But, where was Kyron?

At 9? Either still at school or leaving with his abductor, as late as 9:30. Definitely not with Terri, who was driving through urban areas and parking in public spots, visiting stores, with no Kyron in sight.

Around 10:00 a.m., Terri was at Fred Meyer, Beaverton. Terri has a receipt and there is CCTV footage of her. She even managed to ensure a witness at this Fred Myer. But, where was Kyron?

At 10 Kyron would be well gone from the school, as TP has witnessed the chaperone telling the teacher Kyron wasn't in their group. Definitely not with Terri, who was driving through urban areas and parking in public spots, visiting stores, with no Kyron in sight.

Around August 9, 2010, the following was released by the MCSO:
View attachment 491276

Yeah, this one backfired. That very day they asked the public about a second person seen in "Terri's" truck at the school, and presumably this poster caused a lot of people to "remember" seeing Dede there, since they had to leak to the media that the second person wasn't Dede a week later.

So at this point, if they believe Dede is still involved, it is later - after the abduction. And they also have to know that Kyron wasn't with Terri during her shopping tour. That leaves them with the mystery person, who they've never publicly identified or in any way connected to Terri.

Nothing has changed except the possibility that more evidence has been discovered. IMO

You're right that nothing has changed. The MCSO started with nothing and that's what they have now.

Landscaper and mystery man only made it as potential "accomplices" in the blogs/discussion groups. Mostly in the blogs/discussion groups led and fed by Terri and her supporters. In my opinion.

Why would Terri and her supporters paint certain people as her accomplices? The whole point is that she and her supporters claim she's innocent.

But as the links I gave above show, mystery man certainly was asked about as an accomplice.

I wonder if the "science fair" was advertised to the local public in advance as a school event? While it doesn't appear to have been open to the public, it may have helped the abductor find an event where he could blend in with parents and grandparents. Wasn't there a report of someone asking where a school was?

Terri made the claim in the Dr Phil interview, I believe. A man by a white truck near a 7-eleven on hwy 30 the day before, pacing around and asking where the nearest school was.

With all due respect to the Prosecutors in Oregon: these cases could have ( and should have) been prosecuted and/or authorities listened:
Kyron's case, Dave Lewis' case, James Kim family disappearance...no foul play there, but the cell phone sleuths went to the authorities with, " a silver platter of correct information,with a bow on top," which was completely ignored and disregarded. James Kim was found dead in the creek. That case needs to be reopened and analyzed.

For Kyron and other prosecutors in Oregon... more CEU's, updated training and education. Less of an overload of casework, root out old boy and small town mentality, more more more financial and women/manpower in the DA office.

There needs to be fearless prosecution and recognition/acknowledgment that our world of information has changed.

Terri killed ( or had killed) that sweet boy, Kyron Horman, and now a vicious killer lives free. Unconscionable. A tale as old as time, and Oregon needs to stop this nonsense.

/////
jmo moo omo

This is one of many statements in the book that makes very little sense. Terri was sitting in her truck on the phone while Terri was inside the school? Are these quantum Terris? Astral projections? The police were quite adamant to the media at the time that it was a second person in the truck (or as I suspect, a truck that was confused for Terri's), and that it was during the time Terri was inside the school (also that it wasn't Dede).
Only one Terri.
The book quote:
Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

From the quote, it appears law enforcement placed Terri alone; outside the school; on the phone; in the F250; for an unknown length of time between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.

Despite tips, they didn’t think anyone else was in the vehicle.

***At least when the F250 was parked at the school.***​

This makes a couple of pieces fit better—such as the sightings of Kyron alone inside the school by both TP and TK. Sweet Kyron. 7-years-old. Trusting. Happy. With friends. Expecting a million wonderful tomorrows.

We don’t know where the baby was while Terri was alone outside the school, but the 18-month-old was at the house when her father returned from work around 2:00 p.m. No matter what she endured, she was the lucky child that day. She made it home alive.

The following helps us know that Terri re-entered the school before 8:45 a.m:

[Pg 38] Desiree and Tony heard Terri describe her day. Terri said she had taken the photo of Kyron at 8:45 a.m. and walked out of the school with [the baby “K”] at 8:50 a.m. She said she had parked the truck in the school parking lot.
Boy Missing—The Search For Kyron Horman by Rebecca Morris

[Pg 57] [GZ] told police she had seen Terri take Kyron's photo in front of his science exhibit. That was at 8:45 a.m.

[1:23 First Video] [Voiceover] This picture of Kyron beaming proudly in front of his project on the red-eyed tree frog was taken by his stepmom, Terri, just minutes before he vanished.
Host: What time did Kyron go missing?
Desiree: It was exactly between 8:45 am and 8:55 am.
[Voiceover] Yet the school marked him absent that day. … Desiree claims several people told her they saw Kyron leave with Terri.
Desiree: He was in his classroom. He got the photo taken by Terri, and he, apparently according to eyewitness accounts, multiple adults that can vouch for the fact that Terri walked out the side entrance of the school with Kyron in tow and we know this because Kyron’s friend even saw him with her right outside the school.

The search for missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman

[Pg 50] [GZ] left around 9 a.m. for her job at a restaurant. The last time [GZ] saw Terri and Kyron was after Terri took the photo of [GZ’s daughter]. Kyron and his stepmother were walking away by themselves, presumably to view some of the other science projects.

[Pg 200] Kyron’s regular bus driver, plus Kyron’s friend Carson and Carson’s sister and grandmother, had all seen Kyron leaving the school on June 4 with Terri. It was true. Kyron, [baby “K”] and Terri had walked through the parking lot at 8:50 a.m. on June 4. They were not holding hands, the bus driver said, but they were walking together. Terri had not parked in the school parking lot, where she said she had, but on a gravel road on the far-west side of the school [soccer field side] where the elevation of the school building and grounds partly concealed the white truck.
Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman by Rebecca Morris

Terri's leaked email discredits the passage from the book. Terri wasn't telling people she had seen Kyron with the chaperone, she said Kyron had been seen with a chaperone. The book even quotes the email later. The passage also seems to have confused the school's denial of "substitutes" (what TP called the chaperones) with denial of chaperones altogether.
I have extended the quote to help set its occurrence into the timeline. I believe this conversation happened on the evening of June 4, 2010. The email written on June 5, 2010, doesn’t appear to have been written to discredit the June 4, 2010, conversation but to expand upon it. Beef it up. Make it more credible, even though it failed

The above is my opinion only. YMMV

[Pg 37] For the first time, Desiree and Tony heard details from Kaine and Terri about the day. …Desiree and Tony heard Terri describe her day. … Terri had some theories. … Terri, who said she’d seen Kyron enter his classroom, told a different version too: she said that when she left Kyron, he’d been with a “chaperone” leading the children around to see the various science projects. The school said there were no adults acting as chaperones. Later, a parent involved with the PTA explained that there were parent-led groups of students walking between the classrooms to see the science exhibits. She led the group made up of Kyron’s classmates. He was not in it.
Boy Missing – The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris

Correct, the book quotes the full June 5th email but for different reasons. I’ll link the email below from a media article. Note this email was written on June 5, 2010. Seven-year-old Kyron had been missing for a little over 24 hours. He was out there alone. Somewhere. Cold, hungry, scared. Did he have his glasses? Did someone have him? Were they hurting him? Was he crying? Where was he?

But Terri wants to scream about what they were saying about her on the blogs. Showing no concern for Kyron at all. And she includes her alibi. Strictly my opinion only

[Pg 265] As early as June 5, she complained that she was being targeted by bloggers who believed she had played a role in Kyron’s disappearance. “I just want to scream,” she wrote of the attention. In most of the emails she appears to be working on nailing down her timeline.
Boy Missing – The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris

Full June 5th email

Regarding the parent-led/chaperone/substitute issue. I believe it has nothing to do with Kyron’s disappearance and is being used to sow aspersion at the school. The students were divided in groups, the groups were led by an adult. Kyron never got to join his group. We know this now. That’s what matters. IMO

If anyone is sincerely curious, try Googling the definition of chaperone. Think about insurance requirements and any school’s compliance practices. What the group leader is called would likely matter in that regard, and representatives of the school would be allowed to comment on that issue. Which is what they have done. My opinion only.

Last edited:
So she didn't get paid for the gardening, but was compensated when she did extra work like hostessing? She actually explains it pretty well, I don't know where the confusion comes in.
When the attorney asked DeDe if she got paid for work she did leading up to the party, she took the 5th.

Line 16:
Q: And was that paying work for Ms. [V]?
A: No, no, none of this was paying.
Q: Was it paying work for Ms. [H]?
A: She compensated me for the days of the party, if I remember right, yeah, but – because I was kind of hostessing and things, too, but not for gardening.
Q: So when you were helping her get ready for the party, she didn’t pay you for your work?
A: I don’t remember. You know, I think I’m going to – on the advice of my counsel I respectfully decline to answer based on my Fifth Amendment and Article 1, Section 12 constitutional privileges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back