Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
In court papers, Terry Horman's lawyers suggest they will file a motion to prevent the 17-year-old from testifying in a civil suit. They also want the case postponed. A hearing was set on the issue for August 15.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Terri-Horman-162949456.html

Thanks for this. I just ran over to OJIN and noticed two interesting things. 1. As I predicted, someone has asked the court to declare the case complex (doesn't say who requested it)
2. Peter Bunch (the divorce attorney) has filed a "special notice of appearance" on Terri's behalf. I have never heard of this. I suspect he is just trying to protect the record by making an appearance so it won't default, and to get the ball rolling on the motion to disallow testimony from J.

I still think the case will be handed over to someone besides Bunch or Houze. They might still be trying to find someone who is both competent and willing to touch the case with a 10 ft pole.

Gwenabob, you might be right about the 10-foot pole. Houze probably did not realize what he was getting into when he agreed to represent TH. The same with Bunch. A new attorney to handle the lawsuit would be very wary of being involved. Another problem is that TH might not have the financial ability to cover another lawyer.

I wonder who told the news outlets that J. is 17, not 18.

Gwenabob, you might be right about the 10-foot pole. Houze probably did not realize what he was getting into when he agreed to represent TH. The same with Bunch. A new attorney to handle the lawsuit would be very wary of being involved. Another problem is that TH might not have the financial ability to cover another lawyer.

I wonder who told the news outlets that J. is 17, not 18.

Since he is not a minor, nor is he covered by marital privilege, I wonder if she can prevent him from being subpoenaed? My first thought is no. This should be interesting...

Yes, very interesting. Have subpoenas already been issued to others, or was this a move to stop an expected subpoena for J? Are people in Oregon sent a notice that they should expect to receive a subpoena? Any guesses?

A missing child sometimes seems to fade with the distracting drama that has been happening. Desiree and Kaine should have Kyron back, and those responsible for his disappearance need to be held accountable.

Yes, very interesting. Have subpoenas already been issued to others, or was this a move to stop an expected subpoena for J? Are people in Oregon sent a notice that they should expect to receive a subpoena? Any guesses?

A missing child sometimes seems to fade with the distracting drama that has been happening. Desiree and Kaine should have Kyron back, and those responsible for his disappearance need to be held accountable.

It seems rather early for subpoenas to be issued considering the defendant has not even answered yet. Usually the order is complaint, answer, request for production, depositions (and subpoenas if necessary to get who you want). Various motions can take place in between all those. It seems out of place to file a motion against a subpoena at this time. I would like to know why they are doing it.

Yay...at least there is something happening behind the scenes. Even if it's delayed, I'm glad to see the ball moving...wish it was rolling, but I'll take moving. ;)

¨Does the son know something about what happened to Kyron? Wouldn't he be a good witness for Terri, presumably being on her side, so to speak? "Yes, she's a good mother. No, I never saw her threaten Kyron. No, I have never seen her act abusively toward any children. "

There was something controversial about "J" around the time Kyron went missing. For the life of me I don't remember what its was though. Camping? Was he gone camping or sent camping? Anyone else?

J. was not living in Portland when Kyron disappeared. J. was supposedly on a Boy Scout outing that Friday, and his bio father drove him to Portland on Saturday for a planned visit.

My thought is that LE verified where J. was before that Friday and all day Friday. If there had been any questions about his alibi, J.'s description would have been on the fliers sent out by LE. If Oregon law allows photos of 16-year-olds on LE fliers, then it would have been his photo.

There was something controversial about "J" around the time Kyron went missing. For the life of me I don't remember what its was though. Camping? Was he gone camping or sent camping? Anyone else?

Yes, there were some funny things about J's schedule that weekend. TM's mother said they couldn'g get hold of him because he was camping, then it was said he was only camping Friday night, and some other confusing stuff.

The part that really confuses me is that they said J was in town that week for a "preplanned" week-long visit, yet it was about a week before school let out for summer in Roseburg. Who leaves school for a week right during the last finals and crunch to finish the year? Why not wait one more week or 10 days until school is officially out for summer break? That makes no sense to me.

Thank you gwenabob, I thought there were conflicting stories.

Somehow, I don't think TH is concerned about the impact being called to testify would have on her son. More like, there is something she does not want repeated and/or doesn't feel like he could handle the pressure of being questioned without telling. MOO!!

IIRC, they said J was camping when Kyron went missing and later we learned that wasn't necessarily true. And there was speculation that J went to live with his dad just a couple of months prior due to strife at home. If TH doesn't want him to testify, there's going to be a good reason! I'll bet he saw the way TH treated Kyron when Kaine wasn't around. That's just a reasonable theory of mine. :moo:

I hope Terri's bat phone pals and other family members including her folks are also subpoenaed.

In court papers, Terry Horman's lawyers suggest they will file a motion to prevent the 17-year-old from testifying in a civil suit. They also want the case postponed. A hearing was set on the issue for August 15.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Terri-Horman-162949456.html

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

Whoa . . . JMO and MOO ... but this sounds very hinky to me !

snipped from above link :

In court papers, Terri Horman's lawyers suggest they will file a motion to prevent her own teenaged son from testifying in the civil suit. They also want the case postponed. A hearing was set on the issue for August 15.

RBBM: WHAT "court papers" ? And has an Answer been filed by Terri to Desiree's Complaint ?

TIA !

:seeya: Thank You for this update !

Whoa . . . JMO and MOO ... but this sounds very hinky to me !

snipped from above link :

In court papers, Terri Horman's lawyers suggest they will file a motion to prevent her own teenaged son from testifying in the civil suit. They also want the case postponed. A hearing was set on the issue for August 15.

RBBM: WHAT "court papers" ? And has an Answer been filed by Terri to Desiree's Complaint ?

TIA !

No Answer yet. Last time I looked, just a "special appearance" by her divorce attorney. But some kind of motion must have been submitted since they set up a hearing for next month. Haven't seen it yet. I think it has to do with the abatement.

No Answer yet. Last time I looked, just a "special appearance" by her divorce attorney. But some kind of motion must have been submitted since they set up a hearing for next month. Haven't seen it yet. I think it has to do with the abatement.

Today.

Terri Horman's lawyer seeks a delay of at least 2 years of Desiree Young's civil lawsuit
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/07/terri_hormans_lawyer_seeks_a_d.html

In a 30-page motion filed in court on Tuesday, Terri Horman's civil lawyer, Peter Bunch, characterized the goal of Young's lawsuit as an "end run" by Young and the police to obtain information they could not get through the criminal inquiry, and to "taint the possible jury pool" if the police ever make an arrest in connection with Kyron's disappearance.

"It is evident from the statements of Young and her attorney that this is precisely the goal of the civil lawsuit: to make an end run around Horman's constitutional rights and the rules and procedures imposed under criminal discovery," Bunch wrote in his motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member