Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-horm...-suspect-judge/story?id=17056358#.UDUKwY59GXw
Quote:
In reference to KOIN's request for confirmation on Kantor's statement, calling Terri a suspect, his office responded with this phrase: "The document speaks for itself."

Moving from 'person of interest'

Until now, Terri Moulton Horman has only been called a "person of interest" in Kyron's 2010 missing person's case. Law enforcement has steered clear of calling her a suspect. She was the last known person with 7-year-old Kyron before he vanished from a science fair at Skyline School two years ago
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...med-prime-suspect/EsWH9-_hzU6dCbSYjUKD0Q.cspx
"Prime suspect"...

This is such very welcome news.

Holding my breath for Kyron. <tree frog smilie> :heart:

Last known photo of Kyron which was taken by Terri Horman (look at the pride, joy and trust on his little face), all (allegedly) taken by Terri Horman

kyron_horman17_540x405.jpg

This is why nobody ever tended to my children but me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Is Desiree allowed to be present for the depositions, or does she only receive feedback from attorneys?

But is LE confirming the "prime suspect" term, or is the judge using it as a basis for his decision, that she is/has been treated as such, therefore she is not required to make a deposition at this time? I am guessing he will decide when and if she will have to do so based upon what comes from the other depositions? Otherwise, how is a delay of her having to talk any real decision?

Regardless...I wish this would all lead to Kyron, but I don't believe it will. I have always believed that only one person knows where he is, if deceased, and if that person is Terri, she will never tell. Prison or no prison, conviction or no conviction, there will be no confession from her, IMO.

But is LE confirming the "prime suspect" term, or is the judge using it as a basis for his decision, that she is/has been treated as such, therefore she is not required to make a deposition at this time? I am guessing he will decide when and if she will have to do so based upon what comes from the other depositions? Otherwise, how is a delay of her having to talk any real decision?

Regardless...I wish this would all lead to Kyron, but I don't believe it will. I have always believed that only one person knows where he is, if deceased, and if that person is Terri, she will never tell. Prison or no prison, conviction or no conviction, there will be no confession from her, IMO.

Hi Clu, I have this feeling inside that it will end up leading to Kyron. I sense there is much positivity working behind the scenes to solve the case and let the truth about it be known. LE has not made any comment to negate the judge's words which says allot to me.

I also think Desiree has tried to tell the public in so many words that she has been given info LE has about Terri's involvement in the case. She has to be aware of something to be so verbal about Terri's involvement, right? I think this is why she has now gone out on a limb to force Terri into court. I guess the time must be right.

On KOIN news the reporter said Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. I believe there will be witnesses called into court to document that morning which will show that to be true. Call it a gut feeling about this clever way to push Terri into giving it up in court. IMO

PS: I think witnesses can pretty well put Terri on a map to show exactly where she went that morning and at the exact time she was at each place. My opinion of course. But I could go back and almost name the roads and intersections where she was seen, including a fast ride down the hill to Hwy 30 and over to SI where a white truck forced a car off the road and it was reported to police right away. That was made in a comment by a SI local right away in the case so it could mean nothing or be the truth. I think it is very telling as it fits with the route she drove from the school. Sorry to digress ;}

After weighing several factors, Kantor ruled that the case should move forward, although Terri herself will not immediately be required to provide any testimony or evidence.

Young's lawyers will be allowed to dig for evidence and get depositions for anyone related to the case except Terri, Kantor ruled.

He wrote that delaying a deposition from Terri is "significantly less prejudicial to both sides."

In the meantime, he asked lawyers from both sides to consider several questions about how the delay should be handled and then report back to him.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Judg...orman-is-suspect-in-Kyron-case-166965376.html
Tired tonight, so my thoughts are scrambled. The Judge is delaying Terri's depo, but allowing the case to proceed. At what point will he allow her to be deposed?

Kaine said something in another article last week; some real progress was being made in the criminal case (my words not his). I know the delay is not for this reason, but wouldn't it be wonderful if MCSO was on the verge of arresting and charging her?

Is Terri ever going to appear in court during this trial? I really want to see what she looks like these days.

A quick Hi to everyone here. I am just so thankful the case is still alive and that everything was able to be put together for Desiree to bring this suit. Blessings to all involved and will be praying this all leads to Kyron. Yea Yea

So glad this is going foward.

I have a question for those with greater legal knowledge than I possess. What is the meaning of/legal interpretation of the last lines of the judge's order:

Meanwhile, the defendant must appear beyond her current "special appearance," which requirement may be satisfied by a simple pleading entitled "appearance."

Is this just a legal wording issue corrected by a rewritten pleading?

Just stopping by, I haven't been online for a bit. So glad to hear this is going forward and that someone has finally called her out for what she is...a prime suspect.

Come home soon Kyron.

Hi Clu, I have this feeling inside that it will end up leading to Kyron. I sense there is much positivity working behind the scenes to solve the case and let the truth about it be known. LE has not made any comment to negate the judge's words which says allot to me.

I also think Desiree has tried to tell the public in so many words that she has been given info LE has about Terri's involvement in the case. She has to be aware of something to be so verbal about Terri's involvement, right? I think this is why she has now gone out on a limb to force Terri into court. I guess the time must be right.

On KOIN news the reporter said Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. I believe there will be witnesses called into court to document that morning which will show that to be true. Call it a gut feeling about this clever way to push Terri into giving it up in court. IMO

PS: I think witnesses can pretty well put Terri on a map to show exactly where she went that morning and at the exact time she was at each place. My opinion of course. But I could go back and almost name the roads and intersections where she was seen, including a fast ride down the hill to Hwy 30 and over to SI where a white truck forced a car off the road and it was reported to police right away. That was made in a comment by a SI local right away in the case so it could mean nothing or be the truth. I think it is very telling as it fits with the route she drove from the school. Sorry to digress ;}

The vehicle that forced the car off the road was a red mustang not a white truck.

But LE has had these so-called witnesses for most of two years and have not found him. If they have not mapped out where they believe she was by now, I am not seeing an great breakthroughs all of a sudden, from this trial. I think it will come down to yes, she is guilty in a civil case, may even prompt criminal charges, but unless she talks, still no Kyron.

I think this whole civil suit is a misuse of the justice system, and now the media is using it to call her a "prime suspect" when even the investigators haven't said that! Here we go .. trial in the media starts now ...

I think this whole civil suit is a misuse of the justice system, and now the media is using it to call her a "prime suspect" when even the investigators haven't said that! Here we go .. trial in the media starts now ...

Would you say this is Kyron were your child, or would you use every legal means at your disposal to find him?

I'm not sure what the outcome will be, my legal knowledge of civil procedures in a case like this is bumpkus. But I admire Desiree, as a Mom myself I can identify with her need to find her child. For gosh sakes, she waited patiently for two years, isn't that enough?

Would you say this is Kyron were your child, or would you use every legal means at your disposal to find him?

I'm not sure what the outcome will be, my legal knowledge of civil procedures in a case like this is bumpkus. But I admire Desiree, as a Mom myself I can identify with her need to find her child. For gosh sakes, she waited patiently for two years, isn't that enough?

I think she definitely needs to do it, even if she ends up with very little satisfaction. She wants Kyron back, or to know where he can be found. That probably won't happen, in my opinion. Maybe she will feel better, in some way, if TH is named responsible in the civil case.

Personally, I do not take the outcome of the civil case as fact; I want to hear LE name her as the prime suspect and arrest and charge her, if they have evidence. But I can see Desiree being beyond frustrated and needing to take some action, and this is all that is open to her, legally.

So glad this is going foward.

I have a question for those with greater legal knowledge than I possess. What is the meaning of/legal interpretation of the last lines of the judge's order:

Is this just a legal wording issue corrected by a rewritten pleading?

Bunch filed a "special appearance" to protect the record and prevent a default. By filing this, he is saying that he does not intend to become the attorney of record for this case. Somebody, whether him or someone else, will have to file a regular notice of appearance (or an Answer) and become the official attorney for TM for this case. It appears she is having difficulty finding someone to take it on, so Bunch had to step up temporarily. It would be quite interesting if she absolutely could not find anyone willing to take her on as a client. Quite possibly she has no money to pay. Quite possibly no decent attorney wants the headache this case will be for little or no money. I guess we shall see. In the meantime, an Answer will have to be filed shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge