Kyron no longer to be listed as a Skyline student.

I think that teacher was also a victim of purposeful miscommunication. I note that the school district agrees since she is still there and was in fact assigned to be Kyron's teacher this year.

Kids leave things behind all the time. Especially if they are leaving for a short period and expect to come back. I don't think his things being left behind should necessarily have been a red flag.

I agree, but it should. Slightly O/T but my 3rd grade son has left his coat and/or lunch bag at school 7 out of 13 days so far this year (he has ADHD). I have talked to him and the teacher repeatedly and it still happens. The teacher says it's too hectic that time of day, but I say it should be part of the routine for the teacher to notice as the kids are lining up to leave (right next to the coat and bag hooks). I think the teacher should say "there's a red backpack here, who does that belong to".

It is very sad that Kyron couldn't come home and start school and that the billboards aren't taken down because they're no longer necessary since he's home.

At least the information about enrolling him to Skyline and the information about removing him from the student list got his face out there in the news once more.

I don't think it is all about budgets.

1st, if it was budgetary concerns wouldn't the school want to keep Ky on the rolls...more students=more money.

2nd, schools are legally mandated to provide education for every child enrolled, yes I have heard stories of 'teachers' reading to comatose children. They can not provide an education for a 'disappeared' child. He is not in the hospital, homebound, or in alternative classes, he has 'disappeared'. If he is enrolled they would have to educate him. They can't educate him, right now, obviously.

This is going to come out brusque, and I apologize beforehand for this, but as others have said, I too believe that Kaine would have been notified of this policy beforehand. And, imo if he had been, then the school is not the 'bad guy' here, NEITHER is Kaine. BUT, I feel that is unfair to blame the school for causing more pain to KH, when it is by his own actions that this situation came about.

I am sorry, but that is how I feel.

I don't think it is all about budgets.

1st, if it was budgetary concerns wouldn't the school want to keep Ky on the rolls...more students=more money.

2nd, schools are legally mandated to provide education for every child enrolled, yes I have heard stories of 'teachers' reading to comatose children. They can not provide an education for a 'disappeared' child. He is not in the hospital, homebound, or in alternative classes, he has 'disappeared'. If he is enrolled they would have to educate him. They can't educate him, right now, obviously.

This is going to come out brusque, and I apologize beforehand for this, but as others have said, I too believe that Kaine would have been notified of this policy beforehand. And, imo if he had been, then the school is not the 'bad guy' here, NEITHER is Kaine. BUT, I feel that is unfair to blame the school for causing more pain to KH, when it is by his own actions that this situation came about.

I am sorry, but that is how I feel.

Kyron would have been off the roll anyhow if Kaine hadn't yet enrolled him for this year and waited until he came home. The only difference now is that he was automatically un-enrolled by the school district per policy. Same outcome (Kyron isn't on the roll anymore), so it's not by Kaine's actions that this situation came about. It is the fault of the person who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance!! If Kyron hadn't been kidnapped or murdered or whatever other horrible thing actually happened, then he would be here to attend school.

June 15, 2010:
Clear Channel Outdoor
- Oregon & SW Washington donated the materials and the space for the 30 billboards in an effort to help bring Kyron home. Ten of the billboards are written in Russian, ten are written in Spanish and ten are written in English. All of the billboards were put up today with the exception of two English billboards which are pending installation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

The school very well may have sent out a press release, and I think it's totally appropriate.

I think it was a preemptive strike against some reporter discovering that Kyron was no longer on the roster and starting some wild rumor that he had been found. Remember the false report that showed up about a body on Sauvie Island a couple of months ago? It doesn't take much to fuel the fire.

This was just a matter-of-fact statement to say that this does NOT indicate any new change in the investigation, just standard procedure after 10 days, don't get your panties in a bunch over nothing. Much better than keeping it secret and then having to come back and explain after the gossip is out of control.

Sad, all the way around. Must be very hard for his classmates too :(

Kyron would have been off the roll anyhow if Kaine hadn't yet enrolled him for this year and waited until he came home. The only difference now is that he was automatically un-enrolled by the school district per policy. Same outcome (Kyron isn't on the roll anymore), so it's not by Kaine's actions that this situation came about. It is the fault of the person who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance!! If Kyron hadn't been kidnapped or murdered or whatever other horrible thing actually happened, then he would be here to attend school.

My quote was in direct reference to Kaine enrolling Kyron for school this year. The particular situation that I was referring to was Kyron being dropped from the roll this school year. Kyron would not have had to been dropped from the roll if he had of never been enrolled while being disappeared. Kaine enrolled Kyron while he was disappeared, which is fine if that is what it takes for him to cope. However, the reaction to Kaine's action of enrolling Kyron while disappeared was that 10 days later when Kyron was still not in school he was he was dropped from the rolls. In this particular instance, Kaine's actions caused the school's reaction.

IMO neither is wrong but it is what it is.

It's so sad when you heard that Kyron has been taken off the roll at Skyline. It makes it seem so final. Probably it would have been better to not have enrolled him, but I can understand Kaine wanting to hold on to any hope possible.

On the other hand, it may be the best thing because it could be very scary for other children in the classroom to look at the empty desk that was reserved for Kyron. These children were only seven years old. It would just keep reminding them that their friend is missing. It would also be a reminder that "someone evil" took their friend right out of the school and maybe that person could come back and get another one of them.

So sad. Besides Kyron and his parents, all i think about are the children at Skyline. I, being half a country away and being an adult, have moments of tears, especially w/ news like this. I bet there's not a person in that school that has'nt been effected by what has happened to Kyron. The unknown of whats happened to him terror, worry, grief these poor kids have endured. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back