LA LA - Adrian Planells, 23, Kenner, 24 Sept 1989

Hello Bessie my brother was living at home with my parents, he was in college and worked weekends at the resturant. my parents lived on Florida ave. The intersections is West Esplande and Williams Blvd. The police questioned all the employees he worked with as well as the people that worked at the lounge across the street from the resturant. After work the day he dissappeared he and co workers went to the lounge for a few drinks, my brother had one drink and told everyone he was leaving because he had to get up early to study for his exam on monday morning, they seen him leave the lounge and he was never seen again. no one knew anything else or seen anything else. The police knew my brother clock out of work they had that time and from there they had witnesses see him go with the co workers to the bar... from there he vanished without a trace. The past 25 years have been very hard for my family...the not knowing is what's eating us up. my mother passed away 5 years ago and i promised on her grave i wouldn't stop till i found out what happened to my brother.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain your family has lived with all these years. I just noticed the addresses are in the opening post. He didn't have far to travel at all, and that certainly was not a high crime area, and he wouldn't have come near any waterways if he headed straight home, unless you consider the canal on Vets, but his car would have been found if he'd driven in there. Also, there was no altercation in the bar. It does make me think someone known to him was responsible. Were any searches ever conducted?

Thank you so much for your condolences. my brother didn't have to travel far to go to work. I know that the police searched all the canals in the area. In 89 Kenner had a lot of areas where you can hide a body or a car and i know the cop searched those areas as well and found nothing. I just created a facebook page with my brother's information and i have people that have been sharing it to create awarness of his status. It took me years to create this page because people can be so rude and say things that are unnecessary, i had one guy say that i should have posted recent pictures of my brother... i got to say it felt good going off on him.

no we are not a wealthy family, and yes his car may not have been a ferrari. I know that his friends know more than they ever lead anyone to think, funny how they never came back around after he dissappear and to this day we have not been able to locate them after a surprise visit to them when they moved to texas where we tracked them down, they were very nervous the whole time we were visiting them.. oh and one of the friends avoided coming to the father's house and the father wouldn't tell us his location... that was shady if you ask me... if they didn't do something to him then they know what happened to my brother. I believed he was murdered and his body and the car are together somewhere. All i want is to find my brother to give him a proper burial and the rest i leave it in God's hands

Okay, given that additional information about his friends skipping the state and being nervous - I definitely understand why you think it's fish. It is fishy. But I wonder, what would be the motivation to kill this kid? He's hardly a threatening individual. He was a good student - rather than a troublemaker or drug dealer/user. But if what you say about the friends is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then I agree with your conclusions.
You know, a drug overdose is certainly possible in a case like that. An accident. Because murder is a big thing. You need a very good reason to kill someone - and I'd wonder why. Why would they move? It would be interesting to know what kinds of people they were themselves - college students or dropouts, or barflies or what. You could be on to something.
This case is definitely quite baffling. Good luck - it's been a long time, but I hope there is a resolution at some point.

Woman searches for brother missing for nearly 28 years

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/woman-searches-for-brother-missing-for-nearly-28-years/439398688

For almost 28 years, the family of Adrian Planells has wondered what happened to their son and brother.

The Kenner man seemingly disappeared after going to work.

"It's still hard," Planells' sister, Barbara said. "It's still raw. Even though it's almost been 28 years. What I want is closure. I want closure for my family."

After calls from the family, Lt. Brian McGregor with the Kenner Police Department is now looking into Adrian's disappearance.

"We're kind of opening up the investigation again," Lt. Brian McGregor said.

Looking into an investigation after all this time can be difficult.

"Even us doing some of the research on the vin on the car at the time and the license plate on the car at the time, according to our records the vehicle was never reregistered sold or anything like that," Lt. Brian McGregor said.

Planells said even if her brother was murdered, she's forgiven whoever may be responsible for his disappearance. All she wants now is for someone to come forward with information, not only for her, but for her elderly father.

"Every year he asks me right around the anniversary he says 'Still another year, I don't know what happened to my son,'" she said. "It's time and my mother passed away without anyone knowing what happened to her son. I don't want the same thing happening to my father. My father's 81. He's about to be 82. And I think that he deserves to have that closure."

• adrian_juan_planells_1.jpg
  • adrian_juan_planells_2.jpg
  • adrian_juan_planells_3.jpg
  • adrian_juan_planells_4.jpg
Planells, circa 1989

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads