LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a while to read through, but here's what I'm thinking: (and I know a lot of this is from a few pages back)

The dry paper tape white out is not hard to remove, so I'm thinking that's what he possibly used. Just scrape it off when it's time to check in with the sheriff's office.
Also, we don’t know that the SO didn’t question the cuts on his hands that he allegedly had, but they seem like they could be fairly easy to explain. “I cut myself at work. ~ I cut myself fixing my old cars in the back yard.” Etc…

As someone that works at a heliport, I know that TWIC cards are not required for all locations. And someone many many pages ago said something about bags being screened-- that doesn’t happen always. Again, that’s because it's not required by the customer.

That is true. I don't think it has been verified as fact but it has been posted here that he had scratches on his hands and forearms. The car dealership person witnessed these scratches. That would be more difficult to explain when reporting.

Welcome to WS SafetyStac - good first post #1436. I've snipped and some BBM a couple of your items.
~I'm very curious as to how he was paying for all of this. He would have needed to stop MANY times for fuel, bathroom breaks, food, drinks etc in his many travels. Being a possibly bloody mess - from lacerations - and dirty from sweating and possibly being in the woods, it seems that people would have noticed that.

~I've read he had a bed cover on his truck. Don't have a link to verify that as fact, but if he did, the handling of a bike and or a person would have been much more difficult. They don't raise up very high and even with a tailgate down, everything is done horizontally vs. throwing something in the back of an open pickup bed.

~when buying a vehicle, even a used one, in this case a newer model Z71, it would cost a lot of money. If he financed it, it would take hours if not days for a loan to be approved. If he paid cash for the full amount, it would have to be verified if over $10,000.
This is all speculation on my part, and only my opinion. Thanks. :)

All good points SafetyStac.

@ GrannyA, thank you for the map you posted. I did the walkie man and agree that would be an area to search. I saw Dene Colomb's cross and bear. This area is isolated and off the beaten path.

@Ktgirl, your post that suggests BSL was maybe a DTL fan, piqued my interest. If (note I say if) BSL had been involved in any other cases/involved with grabs & kills, he very well may have been very attuned to DTL cases. Birds of a feather.... as they say. Thanks for the link to other older unsolved cases. Goodness there has been several cases of this nature in that part of the state.

I would like to know any verified reports/information on the whole TX issue of this case. Would assume BSL drove the DWT to Tx (what date?); supposedly BSL reported the DWT stolen in TX (date? stolen from where?). Where was he staying while there? Then he must have gotten from the burn site to somewhere, then back to home (how?) I've read lots of speculations and rumors but...... Do we have any facts on this whole trip?

Did he have a bed cover on the truck? I have not heard this. Based on his job he likely made good money.

I don't completely disagree on the financing on the truck. I do know that some dealerships will let you take home the vehicle while they process the financing if they feel you are qualified. And, for all we know, he could have spent hours there or worked it out over a couple days.

Found underneath boards behind a house? Gulp....

Snipped from article https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

"DNA evidence has attributed the deaths of four women -- three in Baton
Rouge -- to the same killer.

Monday's revelation that the same person killed 23-year-old Trineishia
Dené Colomb of Lafayette has expanded the scope of the investigation
to Acadiana."

The article states that there was DNA evidence left behind. If BSL was in prison at the time, would his DNA not be in a database?

[quote: All good points SafetyStac.

@ GrannyA, thank you for the map you posted. I did the walkie man and agree that would be an area to search. I saw Dene Colomb's cross and bear. This area is isolated and off the beaten path.

@Ktgirl, your post that suggests BSL was maybe a DTL fan, piqued my interest. If (note I say if) BSL had been involved in any other cases/involved with grabs & kills, he very well may have been very attuned to DTL cases. Birds of a feather.... as they say. Thanks for the link to other older unsolved cases. Goodness there has been several cases of this nature in that part of the state.

I would like to know any verified reports/information on the whole TX issue of this case. Would assume BSL drove the DWT to Tx (what date?); supposedly BSL reported the DWT stolen in TX (date? stolen from where?). Where was he staying while there? Then he must have gotten from the burn site to somewhere, then back to home (how?) I've read lots of speculations and rumors but...... Do we have any facts on this whole trip?

Did he have a bed cover on the truck? I have not heard this. Based on his job he likely made good money.

I don't completely disagree on the financing on the truck. I do know that some dealerships will let you take home the vehicle while they process the financing if they feel you are qualified. And, for all we know, he could have spent hours there or worked it out over a couple days.[/QUOTE]

BBM...I think this was a different white truck shown on one of the videos.

Thank you for that. Perhaps I should have reread it rather than go on my recollection of what was saaid. If they did indeed say "maybe", I will concede that it is not definite, though I would still be willing to believe that they based that on behavior that would be consistent with someone trolling. Just for my info, how can I delete a post I make in a case such as this, or can I?

It was Nancy Grace where I heard that.

May 28 2012
"Also, police honing in on a white male trolling the area, and we see a vehicle similar to his in the video that captures Mickey the night she goes missing after visiting a local Taco Bell."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/28/ng.01.html

GRACE: Lieutenant Vaughn Burris with us, joining us live from Lafayette. Lieutenant, another question. Let me focus on this bike because right now, the pervy white dude driving around, trying to pick people up -- that`s an outside chance. It`s extremely coincidental. I mean, how many of them could there be? And you see a white vehicle going by right around the time she`s spotted on her bike in that surveillance video.

:seeya:Lt Burris did't correct her so it sounds in my mind like trolling...:dunno:

That's all I can find.

*** Now that I think about it she was comparing DWT to the story of the older guy that offered a girl $80 for sex. In a white truck

I'm really starting to think that he didn't kill her until 3:00pm.
That he really did get stabbed at that time.

Maybe the truck wasn't a crime scene YET. Could he have put her under the house or in a shallow grave for a few days and then mover her AFTER his check in for RSO with LE?
He had to replace the flashing due to the smell maybe?
The major crime scene at his home is a BIG clue.

Maybe his truck was burned due to decomp?

Maybe he took the flashing along with all the clean up materials
and burned it all?

With LE searching yesterday and Texas Equusearch there today...
They must be working on a tip!

moo

Good post.

I think it is possible the siding issue is a red herring.

As you can see by the pile of siding that is in an old truck box carcass, as originally pointed out by Cajun Stong, I think, BSL already had the siding, so, perhaps he had simply been working on it in no relation to Mickey.

Here is the picture of the siding, beside one of his cars, the silver abandon car.

bilde

http://cmsimg.dailyworld.com/apps/p...MaxW=640&Border=0&Teams-continue-search-clues

528870_341418489269604_1455935998_n.jpg

Police finishing up the search at Brandon Lavergne's house. They removed the skirting off of both ends of the house to look underneath for any evidence.

ETA by Me: LE kept the skirting removed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I don't completely disagree on the financing on the truck. I do know that some dealerships will let you take home the vehicle while they process the financing if they feel you are qualified. And, for all we know, he could have spent hours there or worked it out over a couple days.

BBM...I think this was a different white truck shown on one of the videos.[/QUOTE]

I really messed up that quote. I don't think there was a bed cover.

CajunStrong: I agree he most likely did make good money offshore. I spent 20+ years in oilfield safety and those guys made money. I left out part of my speculation in my original post. I was wondering more his method of paying. If he used a credit and/or debit card, that would leave a nice trail. If he paid cash, he had to access it somehow. Most large companies use direct deposit these days and he would have to access a bank to get cash. More records.

I also agree on the financing part. It could have been over the course of a few days.

Welcome to WS SafetyStac - good first post #1436. I've snipped and some BBM a couple of your items.

~when buying a vehicle, even a used one, in this case a newer model Z71, it would cost a lot of money. If he financed it, it would take hours if not days for a loan to be approved. If he paid cash for the full amount, it would have to be verified if over $10,000. This is all speculation on my part, and only my opinion. Thanks. :)

ASSUMING on my part that he filed an insurance claim, would the bank work with him on aquiring a new vehicle? Also, he waited a while between when the truck was found until when he actually bought the new one. Last time I bought a vehicle, I called the bank I wanted to use and aquired approval for a loan before walking into the dealership. This cut down on the haggling and finance department.

Snipped from article https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

to Acadiana."

The article states that there was DNA evidence left behind. If BSL was in prison at the time, would his DNA not be in a database?

It should be because LA passed a law in Sept 1999, stating "law enforcement officials will collect DNA samples from adults and juveniles arrested for sex offenses or certain violent felonies."

Stuff happens though so if they still have his sample, maybe they should checkor recheck BSL's DNA.

Lavergne’s run-ins with the law are documented in public and non-public case files in four parish seats -- Evangeline, St. Landry, Acadia and Vernon.

He got a 10-year prison sentence in Evangeline after pleading guilty in a case involving his climbing into a young woman’s room in April 1999, threatening her and forcing her to have oral sex. He served seven years in prison and did three years of successful probation.

CajunStrong: I agree he most likely did make good money offshore. I spent 20+ years in oilfield safety and those guys made money. I left out part of my speculation in my original post. I was wondering more his method of paying. If he used a credit and/or debit card, that would leave a nice trail. If he paid cash, he had to access it somehow. Most large companies use direct deposit these days and he would have to access a bank to get cash. More records.

I also agree on the financing part. It could have been over the course of a few days.

MOO, he gave a down payment and set up to have his monthly payment directly debited from his bank account.

I just base this on the type of job he had...

to Acadiana."

The article is actually focusing on DTL's victims and looking at unsolved murders in Acadiana and questioning if they are connected to DTL.
The article says that DNA was left in the 3 murders of women in BR and DNA was left with Dene Colomb, and the DNA was all the same and that's how the area found out there was a serial killer (DTL).
I don't think it says DNA was found with Lisa Pate's body.

Police finishing up the search at Brandon Lavergne's house. They removed the skirting off of both ends of the house to look underneath for any evidence.

ETA by Me: LE kept the skirting removed.

Thanks for the pics! I live a block away from several mobile homes.
I don't see skirting laying around. Could be under the home I guess?
I'm not being snarky, but do people usually keep "skirting" around like that?

I don't get it!

Did that area flood in Katrina?

@ Wondergirl, thanks for posting the trailer pics in post 1566. I now see how they removed siding (i mean skirting). I just have to add this.... we need some smile relief... look at the lower photo of the trailer and see the steps to nowhere. What is that about?

MOO, he gave a down payment and set up to have his monthly payment directly debited from his bank account.

I just base this on the type of job he had...

IF he had insurance and IF he filed a claim on the stolen/burned out truck then the insurance company may have paid for the new one with only the deductible coming out of his pocket.

It should be because LA passed a law in Sept 1999, stating "law enforcement officials will collect DNA samples from adults and juveniles arrested for sex offenses or certain violent felonies."

Stuff happens though so if they still have his sample, maybe they should checkor recheck BSL's DNA.

That is what I am confused about. I am still catching up, but, I am under the impression that someone posted that BSL was a person of interest in another murder and that the Person of interest (Possibly BSL) was in jail at the time. IF he was the suspect, he was in jail, and they had DNA, it seems they would have cross checked it. Is it confirmed that he was a suspect in a previous murder? I must have missed alot this afternoon!

@ Wondergirl, thanks for posting the trailer pics in post 1566. I now see how they removed siding. I just have to add this.... we need some smile relief... look at the lower photo of the trailer and see the steps to nowhere. What is that about?

I was confused by that when those pictures were originally released. It does look funny. They are in the correct p,ave by the door in other pictures. I assume they looked under them or tested them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back