LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:
We all are thinking that there was just a fight. Somehow I think that the delay in time is because Mickey was also using her brain because she probably could not move very well from the fall from the bike. I imagine that she would try to say something along the line of take me to the ER, I will tell them I just fell off my bike. So he is considering that. Then when she realizes he is not going to go for that, a big fight. I think that maybe there was some dialogue going on about what to do next which accounts for some of the time/events that happened the next day. I think she would use her brain and her physicality to get out of the situation. It could be that she hit her head from the fall and he did not want to have a breathylyzer done so he did not want to take her to the ER immediately and knew the ER would have cameras and maybe she could not walk. It could be that he did inflict all the knife wounds (how you stab yourself in the back with a knife is left to my imagination however). I can see a few scenarios (a very few) where he is a little less guilty of being horrible, but the truth is he is a monster and I think with some investigating we will find a murder/rape about every six months that he has been out. I have wracked my brain to remember which murder in Baton Rouge it was that they were looking for a white truck also---but he probably did not have a DWT that long. I will be glad when this monster is behind bars for forever -- the world will be a safer place. And families can start to heal.

If he kidnapped her at 3 a.m. and showed up the next day in New Orleans, when did he sleep? Where did he sleep? He did not sleep in his truck which was most likely filled with blood along with his clothes. He must have been up until 5 a.m., slept until 1 or so, disposed of her body on the way to new Orleans to the hospital. That is the only likely scenario for me.

Just wonder if LE checked his father's house since he was in the hospital when all this happened.

I see only three scenarios to place HIM at WB:

1. Blood/DNA evidence or fingerprints - HIS blood/DNA evidence or fingerprints.

2. His cell-phone pings.

3. LE is being sloppy with the language (as many folk are here in south Louisana), and are really meaning to say that they can place the TRUCK there.

Re: #1 - It rained pretty hard a few days after the disappearance - I'd think that blood drops would be pretty hard to find. That said, the area directly under the bridge may have stayed dry. The storm, IIRC, was quick - didn't linger overlong.

I think finger prints is likely. Under the seat? Or on a part of the bike touching the ground? Could be blood...

OR her can of mace? If he tossed it with the bike maybe? If it ended up under something???
moo

eta: used condom? (don't want to get graphic ) never mind... (I doubt it!)

Sorry why do people think he was drunk? Is it fact that he was out drinking? Because if there isn't I would say he wasn't drunk. He knew what he was doing, he was hunting looking for prey. Something that we will eventually find out he did quiet often. He had to be a step ahead to achieve this, being drunk would not help him. Hunting/stalking at 2am, I think he relied on the thought that his victims would be intoxicated and not in the normal head state. JMO.

There is no evidence that he was drinking. I agree that he was hunting for a victim. He needed to be aware and yes, he probably did think his victim would be drunk.

As I stated, I trust LE. LE has evidence. They have enough evidence to charge BSL with first degree murder.
I personally will always believe that LE is interested in the truth.
I don't think I can discard the facts LE must have; our paid experts have determined as this as first degree murder. I cannot discard that, with ALL of the evidence they have, to try to seek some other "truth" with the very limited evidence I have access to...JMO

Hmmm, pretty much in agreement, except I do not always trust LE.

An accident scenario isn't necessarily "some other truth" -- I'm not finding it necessary to "discard" anything to consider it; as some of us have just been discussing, the first degree murder could still apply (and likely would, if Mickey is dead) even if the chain of events began with an accident.

It doesn't even matter if it was an accident initially, unless some people are willing to think better of him somehow. He took her (if he is guilty) and LE said she has been murdered. It doesn't matter if she died of shock, a heart attack, etc...once he took her away, it became murder.

But I in no way will ever believe he hit her by accident.

Sorry why do people think he was drunk? Is it fact that he was out drinking? Because if there isn't I would say he wasn't drunk. He knew what he was doing, he was hunting looking for prey. Something that we will eventually find out he did quiet often. He had to be a step ahead to achieve this, being drunk would not help him. Hunting/stalking at 2am, I think he relied on the thought that his victims would be intoxicated and not in the normal head state. JMO.

I think people think he could have been drunk because it wana 2 am on a Saturday morning...

There was a Dwi checkpoint on Johnston (main drag)

If he hit her on accident drunkenness is a good reason to want to run or sober up.....especially with his record he did time Ans didn't wana go back more so he had more reason to want to avoid any legal troubles or fear of le than most people

And the obvious....drunkenness affects impulse control and decision making abilities.

Drinking and dwi are quite common in Louisiana....

He was an offshore worker....and it kinds of fits the stereotype if they drink ...

Uhhhh...

More than most people do. Lol

All moo

I see only three scenarios to place HIM at WB:

1. Blood/DNA evidence or fingerprints - HIS blood/DNA evidence or fingerprints.

2. His cell-phone pings.

3. LE is being sloppy with the language (as many folk are here in south Louisana), and are really meaning to say that they can place the TRUCK there.

Re: #1 - It rained pretty hard a few days after the disappearance - I'd think that blood drops would be pretty hard to find. That said, the area directly under the bridge may have stayed dry. The storm, IIRC, was quick - didn't linger overlong.

... or some recording cameras that we don't know about.

Or possibly an eyewitness.

It doesn't even matter if it was an accident initially, unless some people are willing to think better of him somehow. He took her (if he is guilty) and LE said she has been murdered. It doesn't matter if she died of shock, a heart attack, etc...once he took her away, it became murder.

But I in no way will ever believe he hit her by accident.

It might matter in tracing his movements and locations, etc.

I don't think the police can forbid anyone talking. They can prefer it, hope for it, etc...but not forbid it. JMO

IMO there were probably several gag orders issued. And I can assure you if LE told me not to speak as it may cause a mistrial etc. my lips would be sealed. We do not want to lose this case if he is in fact responsible.

I think people think he could have been drunk because it wana 2 am on a Saturday morning...

There was a Dwi checkpoint on Johnston (main drag)

If he hit her on accident drunkenness is a good reason to want to run or sober up.....especially with his record he did time Ans didn't wana go back more so he had more reason to want to avoid any legal troubles or fear of le than most people

And the obvious....drunkenness affects impulse control and decision making abilities.

Drinking and dwi are quite common in Louisiana....

He was an offshore worker....and it kinds of fits the stereotype if they drink ...

Uhhhh...

More than most people do. Lol

All moo

I don't think bsl fits the stereotype of anything. IMO 2am or late in the night seems to the perfect time to hunt for a victim, not too many witnesses. I truely believe he wasn't intoxicated at the time.

Hello all,
I am new to the site and still finding my way around. I have read a lot of stuff in the forums, but certainly have not made it thru all the info.

A few things I was wondering.
Wasn't it reported that BSL's finger was cut pretty badly when he went to the hospital. I saw mention of him changing the siding below his trailer. This would be a very easy way to cut your finger. I wonder if he accessed the area under his trailer that night and that is how his finger was cut. I know there were other wounds but just wanted to put it out there.

Also, I saw that he reported being attacked by someone in a Saints jersey wearing the number 24. I am not real familiar with the Saints but I don't believe there has been a stand out player in the last few years that wore that number. Although not impossible but highly unlikely to have a jersey out there of some no name player.

Was the bike located where it could have been tossed over the edge of the bridge or was it placed under the bridge? I thought maybe the bike damage could have been from being thrown over the edge.

Anyways, that was just a few thoughts I had and hope to help in anyway I can. If my thoughts have already been discussed, I apologize.

:welcome5:

Welcome to Websleuths, Mitzki5!

I'm curious about when BSL started looking for a new truck. Would it have been when he returned from New Orleans OR when his truck was shown in the media? It's possible he looked online for a new truck (which a possible home pc would show). Could he have waited to burn the truck in Tx until he found the replacement. I'm not sure why\ if it matters. I'm just trying to figure how it would fit into HIS timeline of doing things and his reasoning.

There is a lot of talk about him drinking (the past 3 threads) and several people are getting confused. Let’s not make this another "rumor" being spread on. I for one do not want the thread deleted because of so many good ideas and discussions. Please, let’s drop the: he was/what if drunk talk?! On that note, I wanted to try and make it to the location he burned his truck at. Does anyone know where a link to the spot can be found?

There is a lot of talk about him drinking (the past 3 threads) and several people are getting confused. Let’s not make this another "rumor" being spread on. I for one do not want the thread deleted because of so many good ideas and discussions. Please, let’s drop the: he was/what if drunk talk?! On that note, I wanted to try and make it to the location he burned his truck at. Does anyone know where a link to the spot can be found?

As far as I know, the details of the location have never been released.

bbm: I am not sure the exact location has ever been disclosed.

ETA: Sorry for being an echo, cluciano -- it was unintentional!

As far as I know, the details of the location have never been released.

I saw on a google search of Truck found burned in san jacinto texas and a map popped up? Im going to try and find that link again and go from there I suppose:banghead::woohoo:

You can use your birth certificate to replace a lost license at the DMV.

Hello all,
I am new to the site and still finding my way around. I have read a lot of stuff in the forums, but certainly have not made it thru all the info.

A few things I was wondering.
Wasn't it reported that BSL's finger was cut pretty badly when he went to the hospital. I saw mention of him changing the siding below his trailer. This would be a very easy way to cut your finger. I wonder if he accessed the area under his trailer that night and that is how his finger was cut. I know there were other wounds but just wanted to put it out there.

Also, I saw that he reported being attacked by someone in a Saints jersey wearing the number 24. I am not real familiar with the Saints but I don't believe there has been a stand out player in the last few years that wore that number. Although not impossible but highly unlikely to have a jersey out there of some no name player.

Was the bike located where it could have been tossed over the edge of the bridge or was it placed under the bridge? I thought maybe the bike damage could have been from being thrown over the edge.

Anyways, that was just a few thoughts I had and hope to help in anyway I can. If my thoughts have already been discussed, I apologize.

:welcome: to WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member