LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only learning about how this forum works, but I see that there is a big ****arrested*** sign on this thread. Where do I find info about the arrest?

Thanks!

I'm not going to look it up, maybe others will.

Seems to me it's been posted that while his "Dad" was in hospital, BSL did his dirty deed. Maybe here, maybe elsewhere.

Let's stick to facts. Please.

Thanks.

:moo:

I have heard it mentioned, probably as speculation, that perhaps they were able to match tire tracks to his truck, but I honestly dont see how that would have been possible. If his truck was as burned out as all reports seem to indicate, I dont see how rubber tires could have possibly survived when so much else apparently didnt. JMO

Good point. They would be operating on the assumption that he had the stock tires. That said, changing tires doesn't change the track width of the vehicle, as long as the rims themselves survived the fire to allow them to measure offset - and so that is one way to narrow tracks down to a specific type of vehicle. But you are correct that it is exceedingly unlikely that tire tracks linked BSL's specific truck to WB. But they could have had evidence that his type of truck was there.

I believe LE said that they received info from the forensics on the bike, and they also said that they can place him at WB. Maybe those two facts are linked, i.e. the forensics told them he was the one who put the bike there, i.e. blood, sweat, DNA. Or maybe those are two unrelated sentences. That is what is not clear.

Do you think we as a society will ever fully understand SK? Today I looked up some research on them but will have to do it when I'm not so tired it kinda went in one ear out the other kind of thing. I think it will be an interesting read/research. I hope I get to choose my mental health topic for my assignment this semester because this is what I would choose, wishful thinking though.

Heres you a link aussie_girl..See below comment by a college student

25 Seriously Disturbing Serial Killers from Around the World
http://daddu.net/25-seriously-disturbing-serial-killers-from-around-the-world/

comment:
This article on this particular site has been extremly helpful in my drawing a parallel between two serial killers for my English Lit. 1101 class at DSC. Its my first assignment.
An A+ on a thesis paper. Thanks for the helpful information packed with detail and loaded with insight. It makes for such a masterpiece in terms of an article.

I am not the poster who was asked for links, but catching up on the thread I see several requests for links to the information on BSL's family.

We had a poster on this thread who said he was a family member. I am not sure he's been verified, but he did state that he did make a request.

Here is a link to his posts.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5778596

HTH

As I mentioned earlier, some good folks have come forward.

IMO, they have been told to STFU. With good reason, not to jeopardize the case. I understand this and respect this.

:moo:

I'm only learning about how this forum works, but I see that there is a big ****arrested*** sign on this thread. Where do I find info about the arrest?

Thanks!

At the start of every thread, a mod will post all of the relevant links to the case in the first post. There are links to all of the previous threads of discussion on this case, as well as links to a thread that provides links to all of the media reports on the case. There is also a thread for this case for posting "facts only".
The media threads and facts only threads are not discussion threads.

Here is the link to the media thread where you can find information on the arrest.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY * - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is a link to the Lafayette PD press releases
http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

HTH

We can't link to the obit here.

We can't link it, but aren't we allowed to post 10% of it? If he is the father/stepfather of the suspect, seems to me that that would be fair game, if the purpose was to say something about the suspect's possible state of mind?

At the start of every thread, a mod will post all of the relevant links to the case in the first post. There are links to all of the previous threads of discussion on this case, as well as links to a thread that provides links to all of the media reports on the case. There is also a thread for this case for posting "facts only".
The media threads and facts only threads are not discussion threads

Thanks so much for such a clear explanation of how it all works!

OK, off to work on the truck. Still trying to get the tailgate back on after renovating the bed. BBL.

I think the most important thing in the article posted today is that LE has evidence that will answer a lot of the questions people have, but that they are keeping it back until such time as it is required by the legal system to reveal (something like that, my words are not coming out right.) This is what I have believed all along.

Here you go, Bunny :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8141392#post8141392"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35 - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From the article:

OK, now this was a GOOD article from the Advertiser yesterday. Good responses by Chief Craft. Gave us the fact that NO GPS unit was found in the truck. Also that the truck was in a field. That would make a Google Earth search of the area easier for us.

So if there was no GPS unit in the truck, then they must be going on info from OnStar, or from his phone.

BBM.. As I read this article, I recalled that at the N.O. hospital BSL indicated "that he was "lost" and his GPS was not working' (per police report).

Things we do not know about GPS facts in this case:
Was there GPS on either BSL or MS's phone active?
Was there a GPS like Tom Tom in BSL's truck?
Was there Onstar active on the truck?

Does this lead us to think he had GPS and it was removed or tossed at the time MS was taken? Does it indicate he had it but saying it was not working was just part of the "lost story"? Was removing the GPS an afterthought with him thinking that it tracked his movements? Was it removed just prior to torching the original DWT so as not to provide any information?
Will the GPS ultimately resurface in evidence down the road in this case?
Time will tell... hopefully.

From the article:

OK, now this was a GOOD article from the Advertiser yesterday. Good responses by Chief Craft. Gave us the fact that NO GPS unit was found in the truck. Also that the truck was in a field. That would make a Google Earth search of the area easier for us.

So if there was no GPS unit in the truck, then they must be going on info from OnStar, or from his phone.

Most likely, but a camera or witness is still possible.

This article might be somewhat redundant but fwiw:

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/.../Record-shows-trouble-followed-murder-suspect

'Craft said last week that neither human remains nor a Global Positioning System radio navigation system was recovered from the burned truck. "We've had it for a while and we have had a lab processing the vehicle," he said. Lavergne bought a nearly identical truck June 4 from Don's Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette, records show.'

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150335

"I've never seen her with a box cutter," Wilson said.In fact, Wilson doesn't recall ever seeing Shunick carrying any sort of sharp weapon, although he did not know the contents of her bag that night, he said.

I wondered where this info ever came from...
I honestly have not seen anything that confirms for me that Mickey carried a knife or any sharp weapon-like object...that quote from an "expert" the other day sounded to me like he was taking his info from a FB page. I think that people want to believe she carried and was able to use a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea