LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying and where you are comming from. To be honest if it were one of my children that did something like this I am not even sure I could face, let alone speak, to that child again. I know I probably would. I recall watching a documentary with the father and a SK. I am not sure I could do what that father did.

I do stand by my statement that it does not negate what both families are going through.

One family will be remembered for the loss of their daughter. The other family as well must face public scrutiny with respect to what their son has done. No winners here.

I certainly agree there are no winners. However, I'm not sure that what they suffer is equivalent based on how others perceive them. I don't think that's really the issue. The fact remains that the victim's family has lost a loved one forever in the most brutal way which they will forever be replaying in their mind (or at least for a very long time) whereas the perp's family can hate their child's actions but hope that he changes in jail. The difference is hope. If they're a religious family, as some posters have mentioned, they can always hope he finds God and is forgiven for what he did.

There is a ton of swamp land along that route. It's also very isolated without much traffic at different points along the way.

Thank you jujube. From the map it looked like it might be that way. I hope they are looking in to 90 already. Like others have mentioned possibly some of the things he said were sprinkled with truth. There might be an abandoned or small town gas station along the route to look into, and would make more sense his saying he got lost.
This is just moo.

Did any of the wounds look newer than the others. If he did get injured during a struggle, then would he be in the frame of mind to self inflict others at that time? Or would he take care of loose ends then worry about his medical needs and cover story. His adrenaline could have kicked in so he did not even realize he needed medical care right away.

some nurse is going to come forward soon with more details, unless the ER workers were put on a gag order :lipssealed:

Hi Nightowls,
I just logged in because I was thinking about todays updates and I wondered, when BL was at the hospital, (NOLA) LE took his statement and he told them his wallet was stolen with his drivers license in it. So, does that mean the NOLA LE let him drive back to LA with no drivers license?
:cat::eek:fftobed:

A person like this is more likely to dump a body somewhere that means something to them; somewhere familiar.

Ted Bundy did it at Issoquah and Gary Ridgway at the Green River.

The road to Venice to me would be a place BSL would use and in his mind everytime he went offshore & back in it would be a reminder to him. I hink he went in one direction with her & the bike and disposed of the evidence in the total opposite direction from where he took the bike and Mickey.

Soooo, in this article it says:

The report says that's when a white male, with gold teeth, a neck tattoo, wearing a #24 Saints football jersey and a black hat covering most of his face, attacked him without warning. He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital.

I haven't been following this case like many here, but didn't a witness or someone? say his license was altered when he went to purchase the new vehicle?

Interesting and sorry if this has already been brought up.

JMHO
fran

yes. when he went to purchase a new truck the sales lady noticed that he whited out sex offender. she called that in. so we are guessing that there is a copy of his driver's license that he used to buy the new truck and that it will show the date the license was issued, which i'd bet a lot of money on was BEFORE May 19th when his license was supposedly stolen

If he was injured by Mickey, then water would be easier on him, than trying to bury her. I don't think he would think ahead so much to preservation of evidence, etc...he doesn't seem to have thought ahead very successfully on anything else, thank goodness.

Why are some people thinking he would self-inflict wounds? I am a little lost there...as sort of an alibi, to cover if she gave him one wound?

Exactly what I first thought when I heard he said his wallet/dl was stolen... He had to say they were stolen so they wouldn't see he was a RSO... Didn't want the er staff to have any suspicions, and/or doubt his story... Guilty conscience...
JMO

Why would he even give his real name if he playing the stolen license/wallet scenario? Not too bright.

If he got pulled over he could just show his police report to the officer. (in place of his DL) Of course then someone would have realized he was RSO...

I have thought of this often...even before this case and I've wondered which would be worse...to be the mother of the victim, or the mother of the murderer.

I'd say the mother of the murderer. The mother of the victim will get sympathy and empathy from most people; the mother of the murder will get it from few. She's more likely to be blamed by people for not raising her kid right or something. MOO

Hey! They are aware of his family connections there already. His sisters name was mentioned prior to today.

I did not know until now that his truck was found near his birth family. That means that he knew his birth family and thus most likely his birth family was related to his adoptive family. Probably only to me, that is a huge deal. Now the adoptive mother's statement "he deserved a better life" makes sense in a different way. It makes sense to me too that when he needed help getting rid of the truck he would head away from his adoptive family and towards hif birth family. Makes perfect sense. There are many minds at work here.

IMHO, he went to NO's first, before Texas to burn the truck. That is IF he's the perp. Or allegedly!

I believe he went to NO's thinking it was another jurisdiction, etc., so there would be no connection. But when LE showed up and asked for details, etc., he, ok, allegedly made-up the robbery story then he was stuck and HAD TO {ALLEGEDLY!} burn the truck so he went the OPPOSITE direction of the crime.

Just guessing. IMHO, she MAY be between Lafayette and New Orleans.

JMHO
fran

Does anyone know if the LE (at the hospital) let him drive back home with no drivers license?

(can't sleep)

what about Lake Pontchartrain? locals, what do you think? would that be likely?

That would be more out of the way and it's busy.

Thank you jujube. From the map it looked like it might be that way. I hope they are looking in to 90 already. Like others have mentioned possibly some of the things he said were sprinkled with truth. There might be an abandoned or small town gas station along the route to look into, and would make more sense his saying he got lost.

You're welcome. There are some old abandoned structures not far off the route. BSL would be familiar with this route if he goes offshore from Patterson or Houma.

I haven't read every post, but I was wondering if there had been any mention of his blood being found on the pillars or concrete at WB?

I think carrying a bike and bleeding from stab wounds, he might have dripped some there.

You would think so, right? If he was there at Whiskey Bay, after the knife wounds, he would be bleeding and certainly the dogs would have picked that up. But they did not. We know his truck was there. Interesting.

Why would he even give his real name if he playing the stolen license/wallet scenario? Not too bright.

For proof of insurance--perhaps he had something in his glove compartment to prove he had health insurance. Unless of course they are planning on tacking on insurance fraud to his charges.

You would think so, right? If he was there at Whiskey Bay, after the knife wounds, he would be bleeding and certainly the dogs would have picked that up. But they did not. We know his truck was there. Interesting.

Which means the wounds really were self-inflicted, or Mickey may still have been alive when he dumped the bike?

We don't know that BSL's blood was found there but LE might.

For proof of insurance--perhaps he had something in his glove compartment to prove he had health insurance. Unless of course they are planning on tacking on insurance fraud to his charges.

You really don't need the insurance card with the bigger companies. The intake person can ask for the policy holder's name, social security number, company, etc. and look it up online.

IMHO, he went to NO's first, before Texas to burn the truck. That is IF he's the perp. Or allegedly!

I believe he went to NO's thinking it was another jurisdiction, etc., so there would be no connection. But when LE showed up and asked for details, etc., he, ok, allegedly made-up the robbery story then he was stuck and HAD TO {ALLEGEDLY!} burn the truck so he went the OPPOSITE direction of the crime.

Just guessing. IMHO, she MAY be between Lafayette and New Orleans.

JMHO
fran

agreed....do you think he ditched MS then drove to the hospital w/ the bike in the back (and ditched that on the ride home).....catching him FINALLY on camera w/ the bike and no MS at the hospital (I still want to know, as everyone else I'm sure, what they have for evidence of a murder)????

You really don't need the insurance card with the bigger companies. The intake person can ask for the policy holder's name, social security number, company, etc. and look it up online.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that was to answer why he gave his 'real name.' Insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval