LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I do not handle graphic pictures well at all or even horror movies. Thank the Lord I have not seen anything like this in real life. I have lost many in my time but when my grand daddy passed on I was right there and he was finally at peace.

It helps that I very strongly believe in heaven. I was very ill a couple of years ago and was in the ICU. My momma and the nurse were sitting in the room. There was another patient in another bed to my right. I looked up and there were two soldier looking men in uniform standing between the beds facing me. Both young and handsome and they looked very much alike. I knew they were there for me and even asked why were they there to take me. They did not even seem to notice me. The nurse ran over and asked my name and what date it was, etc. all of which I knew. In that very moment the patient next to me passed on and the soldiers were gone. Now I was in bad shape and the nurse knocked me out. When I came too a couple of days later I was told that the nurse shared what I saw and the woman's daughter said that her momma had lost two brothers in the war.

Now you do with that what you will.

This gives me peace knowing that Mickey and others are in heaven and we will all be reunited one day with our lost loved ones.

What a beautiful story. Yes I'm an adrenaline junky but there is just some things I cannot stomach. Your story reminds me of one my sister had. My sister is 19 months younger than me. She has suffered from chrohns disease since she was 11, she has been in and out of hospital alot while we were teenagers. She also suffered chronic fatigue and major depression. In October 2006 my sister had spent 3 weeks in hospital due to a flare up on her bowel, and was undergoing a new treatment called infliximab through an IV. At this time I had finished my classes for year 12 and was preparing/studying for my final exams. On the Friday I sat my English exam. That weekend I didn't go into the hospital as I was studying for 4 exams I had the following week (which my sister understood and I had already tried studying in the hospital which was impossible. I remember on the Sunday evening my sister called me crying and I was like what's the matter and she was like I don't know, we spoke for about 30 minutes about silly teenager stuff then my mum came home and I said I'm going to go because mum is home and she didn't want to get off the phone I could tell in her voice but she did (she had spent alot of time in hospital do understood we had to eat/sleep as well and couldn't be there 24 hours a day). My mum (mom) started crying when I got off the phone to my sister and I was like what is the matter and she said that my sister was crying to her and just didn't want her to leave and wanted her to stay the night ( which she couldn't because of my sisters age) and was begging my mum not to leave, my mum had asked her what is the matter and she said I don't know but you can't leave you need to stay. My mum was heartbroken. The following morning(Monday) I had a math exam I went in earlier to revise over formulas and my mum went to talk tothe school about what was happening with my sister. My level coordinator came up to me and gave me forms and said I should apply for special consideration because of my family circumstances and I said no it was fine, I have been able to study and haven't been disadvantaged in anyway. My exam was at 11am. Before the exams we have 15 mintire reading time and then we start writing. During the 15 minute readin time my level coordinator came and got me and asked me to go with her (I was freaking out big time I thought they were trying to accuse me of cheating), I went to her office and as I walked in my mums best friend was sitting there( I was like what?). My mums best friend told me that this mining when my mum went Into the hospital there were all screens up and heaps of people where my sisters room was. ( still to this day she thinks she went to the room so she didn't have to go through that trauma. My sister had a cardiac arrest and they had revived her my mum had to sign a consent form for surgery and apparently my sister was screaming dot give me a bag let me die ( a colostomy bag something that was discusse and he said she refused to get). I was told that I was needed at the hospital because they weren't sure what was wrong with my sister as she arrested again and the doctors didn't think she was going to make it. When I got to the hospital all my family was there ( and I was a bit annoyed that my mum hadn't wanted to tell me sooner due to my exam and I may have missed the opportunit at saying goodbye to my sister). When I first saw y sister in the ICU she was inhubated, and had tubes coming from everywhere I was so overwhelmed. I was holding her hand and noticed on her arm that there was a major bruise and found out that they had using extend adrenalien into the skin at one stage ( eventually this killed her skin and she had to have t cut out and skin grafts and it kinda looks like a shark bite). My sister was put in a coma for 4 days. Those days were hell, my mum was a zombie she wouldn't eat or tAlk it was so hard. When I'd hold her hand it felt like she was trying to squeeze it and I new she was fighting. They still aren't sure as what happened they think she may of had septic shock but are saying it could have possibly been the infliximab treatment and she still don't know. It was scary. After my sister woke up the first words she said was "I died", mum I'm not scared to die, it was so peaceful there were all these people I saw them around me but I wasn't scared. I wanted to stay in heaven my heaven exists ( we aren't religious) but they wouldn't let me stay they said I had to go and I said no, and then they started pulling at her. My sister always says don't ever be afraid to die there is such thing as heaven. I have heard alot of stories about this and I believe them because I know how skeptical my sister is she is not open to ideas unless there is proof. I'm sorry this is OT I thought I'd share my sisters experience. She is doing very well these days and I give her an injection weekly of methaltrexate, which seems to work wonders for her. I am sure glad that heaven wasn't ready for my sister, he's my only sibling, my best friend and I don't know how I could live without her.:)

Another question for Someguy:

Even if BSL didn't drink, did he ever go to bars anyway, to meet people? I'm wondering whether it's plausible that he was at a downtown bar - and that downtown was the starting point for his ride. I have met a few folks who don't drink but still go to bars... but not many. If not, then at 2 a.m., yes he would have purely been trolling. Nothing else to do other than be in a bar at that hour.

Question for Someguy - is it possible that he went to Artmosphere that night?

But if so, I don't think he would have waited around once BW and MS went to Taco Bell - once they got in his car, he would have had no way to know they were coming back.... unless... he overheard them discussing how she was tired and had to get home... and wanted Taco Bell first.....and BW told her he would take them in his car before her ride home.

Overhearing them at Artmosphere would have been the only way he have known that she was going to ride a bike home, instead of BW bringing her in his car.

All this self-jabber takes me back to the thought that most likely he first saw her on her bike on Versailles or St. John., with a very small chance that he overheard their plans at Artmosphere, if he was there. Those seem like the only two choices to be... outside a true accident.

And if he wasn't a drinker, then an accident is pretty unlikely.

Did they even discuss Brettley take her home in a car, if she was used to biking everywhere?

An interesting question for me is whether any of Mickey's friends recognized BSL from his mugshot.

Did they even discuss Brettley take her home in a car, if she was used to biking everywhere?

I'm just thinking that if she were feeling ill, possibly BW mentioned taking her home in his car, and she demurred.... enough to be overheard if BSL happened to be standing near. Artmosphere was packed and people can stand pretty close and overhear conversations.

I'm just trying now to revisit HOW he could have seen/chosen Mickey, as we really haven't discussed it all that much here.

I'm just thinking that if she were feeling ill, possibly BW mentioned taking her home in his car, and she demurred.... enough to be overheard if BSL happened to be standing near. Artmosphere was packed and people can stand pretty close and overhear conversations.

I'm just trying now to revisit HOW he could have seen/chosen Mickey, as we really haven't discussed it all that much here.

Anything is possible I guess, but there is no reason to think he knew her or had seen her before, IMO.

I'm just discussing scenarios....

BSL more than likely was just trolling, as LE suspects.

But let's try to imagine how the conversation at Artmosphere could have gone:

MS tells BW she wants to go - feeling tired, and tells him that she needs to be up early - take pictures of her horse/graduation - justifying to him why she wants to leave Artmosphere early - and how she still needs to ride home. She then talks to her friends - tries to get them to go to Mel's Diner - they discuss it and decide not to... some conversation had to have happened that could have been overheard.

Had BSL been there, he could have gleaned from the conversation that a pretty, young girl was going to be riding her bike home at 2 a.m. - tempting some thoughts in his head.

Of course.... if LE has OnStar info on his truck.... let's remember that that info would show where he went - and whether he was at Artmosphere.

If I'm correct that LE has subpoenaed the OnStar info, then they know EVERYWHERE he went, and his goose is likely cooked.

As I said last night, OnStar may end up being the star witness in the trial - and convict him.

I use to have OnStar and unless BSL had it activated I don't know if it would be able to trace his path. Let's say it did track his path...would LE not be able to get a better idea of where Mickey is? I'm thinking they could simply retrace his path. If he did put her somewhere would it show how much time he spent at a location?

I use to have OnStar and unless BSL had it activated I don't know if it would be able to trace his path. Let's say it did track his path...would LE not be able to get a better idea of where Mickey is? I'm thinking they could simply retrace his path. If he did put her somewhere would it show how much time he spent at a location?

Here's some OnStar info to chew on regarding tracking:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2011/09/21/onstar-set-to-start-tracking-sharing-more-data-from-cars/

OnStar, the General Motors communications service that lets you call for help if you have car trouble, could soon be collecting data from any vehicle with OnStar equipment, even if the owner isn’t an OnStar subscriber, according to a new privacy statement from the company.

And the company can share that information with law enforcement, credit card processors and others, the policy says.

You don't have to subscribe to OnStar to be tracked....

GM’s new policy also says it can collect location data “for any purpose, at any time” but that it is “shared only on an anonymized basis.” The company also can collect information about use of the vehicle, like when the ignition is on and fuel is refilled, and about things like fuel economy and odometer readings.

[snip]

According to the new GM policy, owners of cars that have OnStar available can stop the data collection only by contacting OnStar and asking to deactivate the data connection. “It is important that you convey this to other drivers, occupants, or subsequent owners of your vehicle,” the policy says.

Of course.... if LE has OnStar info on his truck.... let's remember that that info would show where he went - and whether he was at Artmosphere. If I'm correct that LE has subpoenaed the OnStar info, then they know EVERYWHERE he went, and his goose is likely cooked. As I said last night, OnStar may end up being the star witness in the trial - and convict him.

I hope LE is able to extract useful data from OnStar. The fact that BSL is a mechanic and he stated that he stopped for directions at the gas station in New Orleans because his GPS wasn’t working makes me think he disconnected/disabled the system before he disposed of evidence. Perhaps OnStar records show BSL’s vehicle signal going out in/around Whiskey Bay?

You don't have to subscribe to OnStar to be tracked....

Should you end up with an OnStar equipped vehicle, you are always free to locate the unit and disconnect it from its antenna and microphone.

BSL; a mechanic would have been aware of OnStar's capabilities and imo, disconnected or removed the unit.

If the OnStar were operational, Mickey Schunick's remains would have been located weeks ago, imo.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7465395_remove-onstar-unit.html

How to Remove an OnStar Unit

If LE was responsible for bringing TES back, then they probably had obtained some sort of info about areas that required searching. We can only hope it came from some sort of electronics. In any case, it seems that LE is concentrating on areas local to the crime and the suspect, which leads me to believe that nothing indicates BL left the general area prior to heading to New Orleans. I still think that Mickey was left behind long before that.

I wonder how specific data would be from OnStar or pings...if they would only indicate a general area, it could still be almost impossible to find her.

IMO, I doubt BSL would have gone to Artmosphere. If he had, I think he certainly would have stood out and been noticed/remembered, which makes me lean more toward the trolling theory.

If LE was responsible for bringing TES back, then they probably had obtained some sort of info about areas that required searching. We can only hope it came from some sort of electronics. In any case, it seems that LE is concentrating on areas local to the crime and the suspect, which leads me to believe that nothing indicates BL left the general area prior to heading to New Orleans. I still think that Mickey was left behind long before that.

I wonder how specific data would be from OnStar or pings...if they would only indicate a general area, it could still be almost impossible to find her.

I think they can locate to within 9 ft. But not once you leave the vehicle and/or leave your cell phone behind.

A healthy man can cover a lot of ground on foot.

Of course.... if LE has OnStar info on his truck.... let's remember that that info would show where he went - and whether he was at Artmosphere.

If I'm correct that LE has subpoenaed the OnStar info, then they know EVERYWHERE he went, and his goose is likely cooked.

As I said last night, OnStar may end up being the star witness in the trial - and convict him.

I would love to know where he was trolling... LE would know this, whether by OnStar or from surveillance, or both. If he was trolling specifically around campus for a period of time prior to coming across Mickey, I would assume LE would believe his intentions were that he was trolling for the purposes of finding a victim... And Mickey was in the wrong place at the wrong time. From everything I've heard from the press conferences I think (reading between the lines) le may think this is the case.... That the info they have (OnStar, surveillance...) tells them BL's pattern and driving behavior leads them to believe he was looking for a victim... I think one of the best indicators of what le actually has on someone is by analyzing what le is or is not doing, and by what they're saying... JMO

Example... LE searches have been mostly local... Something is leading them to believe she's more than likely local... (my opinion also)

See, my theory of him self-inflicting the stab wounds goes against my theory that he would have strangled her. I really don't think he is the stabbing a victim to death type. I don't think he would have used the knife.

Oh Lord, this all sounds so morbid. With all that said, I still do hold out hope that she is still somehow alive.

I think my brain has turned to mush!
---------------

IMO: I posted immediately after the article where the hairstylist noticed the scar on his neck:

I think he could have had a knife and Mickey turned it on him. Because we know that his previous victim had a sharp object held to her side. (If I need to, I can find my posts, to find the exact wording.)

This is before any information came out that he had gone to the hospital and had stab wounds.

I said that because of the previous victim.

And many perps. have used knives to:

Get immediate control of the victim, as a threat.

But when they lose control, or the victim turns the weapon on them, the knife initially used as a threat, often becomes a murder weapon.

I've been away this weekend, so I may have missed this if it was posted. TES is back.

http://www.ksla.com/story/19032016/texas-group-returns-to-help-look-for-mickey-shunick

From the above article, "Deputies said Lavergne told them someone at a gas station attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon when he stopped to ask for directions, but was unable to remember where the alleged attack occurred."

I think I followed the Caylee Anthony case too long. Remember how everything Casey said had a grain (small grain, but a grain) of truth to it? Makes me think he initially asked Mickey for directions and when he went to grab her, she attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther