LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question in Australia a jury has to usually leave the court if their is evidence of a previous convicted/arrest etc. so that the person gets a fair trial, is this the case in the USA? I hope not

I think they would try them separately. However I think he will not go to trial... he will confess...

No one else really feels that way, but he picks on little people.
He's a coward. He may not give up the location, but he will plead guilty on the 27th. In My Opinion...

I think they would try them separately. However I think he will not go to trial... he will confess...

No one else really feels that way, but he picks on little people.
He's a coward. He may not give up the location, but he will plead guilty on the 27th. In My Opinion...

I kind of hope he doesn't I want to hear hat evidence they have and what happened. So no trial if bsl pleads guilty, omg here we still have a trial and hear all the evidence to see how long the sentence will be. Sorry for all the stupid questions I'm just trying to get an idea of your law system

I kind of hope he doesn't I want to hear hat evidence they have and what happened. So no trial if bsl pleads guilty, omg here we still have a trial and hear all the evidence to see how long the sentence will be. Sorry for all the stupid questions I'm just trying to get an idea of your law system

Me too! I'm not the person to explain that! You want medical advice? THAT I can handle! I KNOW nothing about the justice system! ~ sad to say... I watch trials and research them... I know if they plead guilty as charged they go to prison/jail with no trial...

I don't even know the difference between jail and prison! It's all the same to me! (I stop at stop signs even if NO ONE is around!) :angel:

In my humble little opinion... I don't think he's confessing.

I think he is going to continue down his road of it isn't me... I didn't do it... blame shifting pattern he's always had. I mean, Let's look at this guys character. He actually applied to be removed from the sex offender registry after he "allegedly" kidnapped and murdered MS. And all of this is after he "allegedly" murdered LP. (And who knows how many others...)

I, of course, use "allegedly" even though I think he's guilty as sin.

I doubt he'll ever give up Mickey, unless it truly spares him the death penalty. Then again, maybe he knows that's the only way to not continue chasing his demon is to be put to death. This kind of case is always such a toss up.

But clearly, he's always played the victim card, and never ever recognized he is the one victimizing others. I can't believe he's gotten away with his stuff for so long.

:maddening:

In my humble little opinion... I don't think he's confessing.

I think he is going to continue down his road of it isn't me... I didn't do it... blame shifting pattern he's always had. I mean, Let's look at this guys character. He actually applied to be removed from the sex offender registry after he "allegedly" kidnapped and murdered MS. And all of this is after he "allegedly" murdered LP. (And who knows how many others...)

I, of course, use "allegedly" even though I think he's guilty as sin.

I doubt he'll ever give up Mickey, unless it truly spares him the death penalty. Then again, maybe he knows that's the only way to not continue chasing his demon is to be put to death. This kind of case is always such a toss up.

But clearly, he's always played the victim card, and never ever recognized he is the one victimizing others. I can't believe he's gotten away with his stuff for so long.

:maddening:

Do you think that even if they have solid proof he did it, that he would still hold out? If his back is up against the wall, "here's what we got on you, it's all there" type thing, you still don't think he will plea?

I agree he would never plea, until he knows the case is solid. IMO, they got him!

Me too! I'm not the person to explain that! You want medical advice? THAT I can handle! I KNOW nothing about the justice system! ~ sad to say... I watch trials and research them... I know if they plead guilty as charged they go to prison/jail with no trial...

I don't even know the difference between jail and prison! It's all the same to me! (I stop at stop signs even if NO ONE is around!) :angel:

Haha I'm right with you, I can do medical advice not law lol. Isn't jail/prison the same thing lol?

bbm: Well, I've said it before on Websleuths but not in Mickey's threads: After WS, I know that if I ever turn to a life of crime, I am NOT bringing my cell phone along.
nor will I drive a dwt with onstar..........

Haha I'm right with you, I can do medical advice not law lol. Isn't jail/prison the same thing lol?

To me? Yes! To someone who has been there? Nope!
I dunno :dunno: Never ever plan to find out!:nerves:

I guess "prison" is the BIG HOUSE?
and :jail: is jail???

Do you think that even if they have solid proof he did it, that he would still hold out? If his back is up against the wall, "here's what we got on you, it's all there" type thing, you still don't think he will plea?

I agree he would never plea, until he knows the case is solid. IMO, they got him!

IMO he will hold out until he is advised by his attorneys to do otherwise. And the only reason I can think of his attorneys telling him that would be to take the death penalty off the table. Otherwise, he has nothing to gain (except his soul) by confessing.

To me? Yes! To someone who has been there? Nope!
I dunno :dunno: Never ever plan to find out!:nerves:

I guess "prison" is the BIG HOUSE?
and :jail: is jail???

When I think of a person in jail, I think of the County lockup. Where you go when you are arrested and waiting trail. I think of prison as the place you go after you are declared guilty and have to serve time..the big house as you say.

I hope they are closer to finding Mickey and today is the day. I don't think BSL will sing unless they can tie him to more. He just doesn't strike me as the type who will spill his guts. He seems more the type as long as he doesn't say, then it must not be true, so he is being victimized one more time by the law. As long as he keeps quiet and says he is innocent then noone will know the truth. But, as the case unfolds, certainly seems that LE has done some good work here.

Kelly

As pings and things are getting more attention in the media, in crime cases, etc...hopefully courts will be able to find livlier experts to present the data, people who are not too dry and technical and maybe even have a little personality, lol, to be able to connect with juries. In the past, and still much of the time, expert testimony seems to be the least interesting to some jurors, the most difficult to understand, and therefore, often dismissed.

But overall, I do think a lot more people every day hear enough in their everyday lives to know that phones and GPS devices can track a person's whereabouts, even if they don't totally understand all of the lingo and details.

Agree, good post. Recently there was a murder case in Atlanta, GA (Hemy Neuman); televised/convicted. They did an excellent job of easy to understand explaination of what pings are, maps, dots of pings, and the accompanying evidence to match. They showed his movements in a manner that left no question to his movements and whereabouts leading up to and the day of the murder. Made it very clear and easy for jury to understand. I hope same will happen in this case.

IMO he will hold out until he is advised by his attorneys to do otherwise. And the only reason I can think of his attorneys telling him that would be to take the death penalty off the table. Otherwise, he has nothing to gain (except his soul) by confessing.

RE: And the only reason I can think of his attorneys telling him that would be to take the death penalty off the table.

As DTL, and others before him, 'BS' Lavergne, will attempt to play the Justice System like a fiddle...imo
Due to the probability of BS Lavergne, never actually having to face the consequences of a death sentence by lethal injection, the automatic appeals, protective custody, & other many perks afforded him on death row.

Why would he negotiate a plea agreement? In his mind, he is holding all the cards..

'In the mind of a serial killer & how they rationalize after their arrest'..

In 2008 SK Gary Hilton, was asked by the Pickens Co, SC Sheriff(Jason Knapp investigation) how the other prisoners and guards treat him at the Jackson Max Security Prison, GA, where he is serving life W/O Parole for the abduction/murder of Meredith Emerson:

Convicted (serial killer) Gary Hilton's view, in his own words when asked how he feels about facing a death penalty trial in FL for the abduction/murder of FSU Cheryl Dunlap:

"No one messes with me here. They treat me real good."

"I've got my own T.V.'I READ'. I've got my meals cooked, served...the dishes are washed. My laundry is done....Hey, I love it!"

"I'm gonna f------ raise hell, total hell. I'm not gonna be happy unless it takes three to four years to go to trial. Unless we have a 1,000 person jury pool, and unless we have at least two changes of venue.

"And that's just to begin with (laughs)."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Mickey is somewhere
near where the truck was found. Then BSL can say "they"
kidnapped her and then went to Texas!
They knew he was there...
They had her all along.
They are trying to pin it on me!
It wasn't me!

She's no where near his home... (in order to make to story work)

He can't blame it on a dead guy this time so it MUST be
the guy that stole the truck!
They stole Mickey ...
They drove to Texas...
They stole the truck... In Texas
They burned the truck to remove THEIR DNA.
~ in Texas... yeah... "that's the ticket"

Check the x wife's property...
Check CH's property...
MAYBE NOT TX...
He has put the body on the property of a woman
he has abused or stalked as a "message"... to her AND a boyfriend.. .

ANY woman who has ever broken up with him.
She needs to have someone check her land.
moo
I disagree that the body is in TX. I think he killed Mickey hours after he kidnapped her and if she was near the burned out truck, that would mean he was moving a 12 day old body (May 31). I think she's close to home. MOO

I disagree that the body is in TX. I think he killed Mickey hours after he kidnapped her and if she was near the burned out truck, that would mean he was moving a 12 day old body (May 31). I think she's close to home. MOO

I do too. Once the connection between BSL and MS became apparent, and the truck being burned, I would hope that the first thing done was looking for her in the area of the burned truck.

From the sounds of the area, just in the immediate vicinty where he lived there are multiple areas she could be and very hard to find.

Kelly

(never got an answer so if this not allowed then please delete)

this is the newist mugshot of bl, being booked for lp murder. hmm looks like that smirk is slowley turning into worry?

My thought was "I'm f....d"

RE: And the only reason I can think of his attorneys telling him that would be to take the death penalty off the table.

As DTL, and others before him, 'BS' Lavergne, will attempt to play the Justice System like a fiddle...imo
Due to the probability of BS Lavergne, never actually having to face the consequences of a death sentence by lethal injection, the automatic appeals, protective custody, & other many perks afforded him on death row.

Why would he negotiate a plea agreement?
SBM

You're right that Lavergne will try to get everything out of the Justice System he can, and he'll probably get a great deal. But IMO, at some point I think his attorneys will be duty-bound to tell old 'BS' that he needs to come clean if he wants to save his life.

However, I also think 'BS' will ignore that advice, because he knows that with our justice system the way it is (for good or bad), he may not face his execution date for a very long time.

I agree and also, as he did not report his truck stolen until at least the 26th, depending upon which report is correct, it is not at all believable that the person who "stole" his truck also took Mickey.

If he went to the trouble of driving to TX and burn his truck so thoroughly as LE says, he was not going to be pulled over along the way carrying a body.

I agree and also, as he did not report his truck stolen until at least the 26th, depending upon which report is correct, it is not at all believable that the person who "stole" his truck also took Mickey.

If he went to the trouble of driving to TX and burn his truck so thoroughly as LE says, he was not going to be pulled over along the way carrying a body.

Yes, unless he got lucky and took MS there first and came back later and burned the truck I can not see a way for him to do so.

Then again, its hard to fathom how his mind works. So far, imho, I don't think he bargained for MS and the community support. I do believe that there is more, and as another posted, up until this point his victims did not get mass media coverage. I am torn between believing that there was enough forensic evidence in the truck and him just wanting to get rid of anything that might tie him to MS and send him back to jail. He would not be able to act on the impulses in jail.

I hope MS is found today. BSL is where he needs to be and can't hurt anyone anymore. Imho, not only are there other murders but possibly unsolved rapes as well.

Kelly

Why would he negotiate a plea agreement?
SBM

You're right that Lavergne will try to get everything out of the Justice System he can, and he'll probably get a great deal. But IMO, at some point I think his attorneys will be duty-bound to tell old 'BS' that he needs to come clean if he wants to save his life.

However, I also think 'BS' will ignore that advice, because he knows that with our justice system the way it is (for good or bad), he may not face his execution date for a very long time.

'A few pages back we discussed a novel by author/educator Gary Lavergne from Church Point, LA'...

My question; " is psychopathic sadistic predator BS Lavergne emulating Serial Killer Allen McDuff "?
It wouldn't be the first time this happened.. 'Deja vu' ?

'Some folks say that history repeats itself, while others say that it only rhymes'..

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_McDuff"]Kenneth McDuff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

BAD BOY FROM ROSEBUD

http://www.garylavergne.com/badseed.htm
The Bad Boy From Rosebud, a serial killer named Kenneth Allen McDuff, was executed on November 17, 1998. McDuff’s notoriety results not just from the frightening nature of his crimes, but also from the journey that returned him to death row AFTER having been paroled from the first death sentence he received for murders he committed in 1966. (death sentence commuted to life & then paroled)

McDuff is the only convicted killer in American history to have been assigned two different death row numbers and sentenced to two different forms of execution by three different juries.

McDuff’s parole in 1989 made it possible for him to murder again, which in turn resulted in one of the largest prison construction projects in the history of the free world.

IMO- Mickey is not in TX. BSL placed himself there by reporting the DWT stolen inTX- so why would he drive to TX with Mickey when his intentions were to contact authorities to report the truck stolen? I think Mickey is somewhere in the Acadiana area and his intentions were to make police contact in as many areas far from the body as possible. (NOLA, TX).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500