LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.katc.com/news/lisa-pate-s-family-had-no-idea-pate-s-murder-was-going-to-be-presented-to-a-grand-jury/

The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind for Lisa Pate's family. Relatives say they didn't think the person indicted in the Mickey Shunick case would be connected to Pate's murder. Shocked and relieved were some of the words Pate's family uses to describe Brandon Lavergne's indictment.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

In February of 2000 Lavergne's ex-wife filed a simple battery charge against him in Opelousas. The incident allegedly happened right after the victim filed for divorce. In her written statement to police, the woman says Lavergne confronted at her work, at Doctor's Hospital in Opelousas, over a truck they owned. She refused to give it to him, that's when she claims Lavergne stormed out. She says she followed him, but as she tried to calm him she says he became violent, striking her in the face, choking her and pushing her to the ground. According to the police report, thats when Lavergne fled the scene. The very next day, Opelousas Police arrested Lavergne on a city court warrant for simple battery. Lavergne was booked in Opelousas City Jail, thats when things get confusing.

FWIW...I asked hubby who is a member of LE...asked if a RSO can be a trustee...he said, "Never...they are usually kept separate from everyone else due to possible "beat downs" & they are under supervision 24/7 while incarcerated...it's when they get released, you have a problem" in fact, found out we have 6 RSO in my "neighborhood" & I have NOT received one notification. When I asked hubby why, he said, "I'll ask the Boss Man (sheriff or one of his Other "bosses")

Thanks. I didn't think so. But you never know!

Ok guys... I found the post I was wondering about the other day! It was found under "TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, Chasity Armstrong, +?, Houston area, April 2010 - Related?"

The post is found here post number 128
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103810&page=6

Check it out!http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/traciemills1/TimeLine.jpg These girls very well could be connected if you look at a Google map, they are pretty equal distances from Houston going out. Katy in one direction, Spring in another, Porter and so on. We know BSL is familiar with those areas. These girls all went missing April-May 2010.What do you all think?

ETA: Thanks to other sleuthers, I am now aware that some of these girls have been found.

Ok guys... I found the post I was wondering about the other day! It was found under "TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, Chasity Armstrong, +?, Houston area, April 2010 - Related?"

Check it out!http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/traciemills1/TimeLine.jpg These girls very well could be connected if you look at a Google map, they are pretty equal distances from Houston going out. Katy in one direction, Spring in another, Porter and so on. We know BSL is familiar with those areas. These girls all went missing April-May 2010.What do you all think?

Without knowing BL's schedule or movements, there is no way to tell...

I looked at the missing girl in Texas timeline and was amazed to find Chastity Armstrong on there. She is from my town and I had never heard of her case. I did a quick search and found that she was reunited with her family and is no longer a missing person. Not sure of the circumstances, but it seemed like a runaway case.

I wonder how old that timeline is?

FWIW...I asked hubby who is a member of LE...asked if a RSO can be a trustee...he said, "Never...they are usually kept separate from everyone else due to possible "beat downs" & they are under supervision 24/7 while incarcerated...it's when they get released, you have a problem" in fact, found out we have 6 RSO in my "neighborhood" & I have NOT received one notification. When I asked hubby why, he said, "I'll ask the Boss Man (sheriff or one of his Other "bosses")

A couple of years ago we had a RSO move into our neighborhood. A neighbor saw his info online after he moved in on our state registry... We live in a real family oriented neighborhood, with a lot of children... Several moms got together and wrote a letter with all of this pervo's info, where he lived, his crime, etc, and passed one out to everyone in the neighborhood. Anyway, the neighborhood association sent out a newsletter and came down real hard on everyone for doing that... Apparently, it violated his rights to distribute the info that way. That the correct way to keep informed is to monitor the state registry and whatever resources they offer. So, we can't put anything about him in writing, but they never said we couldn't use our mouth... And needless to say, every kid in our neighborhood is aware of him and he certainly wasn't greeted with any hospitality or friendly introductions... We really never see him out... Thank goodness.

Ali Lowitzer is the last one of that group that is still missing. Jump to the end of that thread & read next to last post: "Chasity Armstrong has been found. Bridgette Bilotta has been found(and disappeared again), so Ali is the last one of this group. "

Ali's listing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7260/47/

Ali's discussion thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103767"]TX TX - Alexandria Joy Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But there are at least 7 more in Montgomery County and Spring, TX that fit the timeline that I'm aware of.

Late this afternoon I had an interesting conversation with a long-time friend of mine (HS buddy) who lives in Lafayette. We were talking about the Shunick case, and also (now) the Pate case. He, too, used to frequent a couple of Pate's former places of employment.

This friend shared a lot with me, and I'll share a little of it here, after giving it some consideration. Obviously I don't want to jeopardize the case, and I certainly want to respect my friend's privacy, career, etc., so bear that in mind as you read this.

He told me that he has met "several times", had lengthy meetings with BSL "within the last few months" in the course of business dealings.

He described him as "a yes sir/no sir type of guy", handsome, respectful, presentable, etc. Looked him straight in the eye as he shook hands, etc.

This description of his demeanor sort of falls in line with other recounts of his "PR campaign" via church activities, visits with neighbors, attempts to marry, etc.

I'm inclined to believe that this was not the markings of a dual-personality person, but rather a person who very conscientiously attempted to project an all-American boy image behind which he could hide his sinister activities.

Anyway, 6 degrees of separation just whittled down to 2, in a single phone call.

Yeesh.

http://www.katc.com/news/lisa-pate-s-family-had-no-idea-pate-s-murder-was-going-to-be-presented-to-a-grand-jury/

The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind for Lisa Pate's family. Relatives say they didn't think the person indicted in the Mickey Shunick case would be connected to Pate's murder. Shocked and relieved were some of the words Pate's family uses to describe Brandon Lavergne's indictment.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

In February of 2000 Lavergne's ex-wife filed a simple battery charge against him in Opelousas. The incident allegedly happened right after the victim filed for divorce. In her written statement to police, the woman says Lavergne confronted at her work, at Doctor's Hospital in Opelousas, over a truck they owned. She refused to give it to him, that's when she claims Lavergne stormed out. She says she followed him, but as she tried to calm him she says he became violent, striking her in the face, choking her and pushing her to the ground. According to the police report, thats when Lavergne fled the scene. The very next day, Opelousas Police arrested Lavergne on a city court warrant for simple battery. Lavergne was booked in Opelousas City Jail, thats when things get confusing.

I'm surprised the Pate family were unaware he might be connected to Lisa's murder if he had been investigated earlier and was even sent to the gj... Were they completely unaware of all this???

A couple of years ago we had a RSO move into our neighborhood. A neighbor saw his info online after he moved in on our state registry... We live in a real family oriented neighborhood, with a lot of children... Several moms got together and wrote a letter with all of this pervo's info, where he lived, his crime, etc, and passed one out to everyone in the neighborhood. Anyway, the neighborhood association sent out a newsletter and came down real hard on everyone for doing that... Apparently, it violated his rights to distribute the info that way. That the correct way to keep informed is to monitor the state registry and whatever resources they offer. So, we can't put anything about him in writing, but they never said we couldn't use our mouth... And needless to say, every kid in our neighborhood is aware of him and he certainly wasn't greeted with any hospitality or friendly introductions... We really never see him out... Thank goodness.

I would think that if you simply printed up a flyer which states:

"Alert: RSO in the neighborhood. Go to www.findthatrso.com (or whatever the website URL actually is) and search for your home address, and you'll see where he lives."

...or something to that effect, the neighborhood association can't do a damn thing about it. There's this thing called a First Amendment, and neighborhood associations are pretty much on the bottom of the food chain when it comes to being empowered to limit 1st Amendment rights in that regard.

Late this afternoon I had an interesting conversation with a long-time friend of mine (HS buddy) who lives in Lafayette. We were talking about the Shunick case, and also (now) the Pate case. He, too, used to frequent a couple of Pate's former places of employment.

This friend shared a lot with me, and I'll share a little of it here, after giving it some consideration. Obviously I don't want to jeopardize the case, and I certainly want to respect my friend's privacy, career, etc., so bear that in mind as you read this.

He told me that he has met "several times", had lengthy meetings with BSL "within the last few months" in the course of business dealings.

He described him as "a yes sir/no sir type of guy", handsome, respectful, presentable, etc. Looked him straight in the eye as he shook hands, etc.

This description of his demeanor sort of falls in line with other recounts of his "PR campaign" via church activities, visits with neighbors, attempts to marry, etc.

I'm inclined to believe that this was not the markings of a dual-personality person, but rather a person who very conscientiously attempted to project an all-American boy image behind which he could hide his sinister activities.

Anyway, 6 degrees of separation just whittled down to 2, in a single phone call.

Yeesh.

Wow!! Thank you so very much for sharing. Good info right thurr.

"According to court documents, during his first five years in prison, Lavergne voluntarily "completed numerous mental and social health programs to achieve rehabilitation, including but not limited to three separate anger managements, all four phases of the Louisiana Sex Offender Treatment Program, a domestic violence prevention group, a victims awareness group, two parents for fathers group, a Character Counts group, a stress management group, as well as volunteer tutor workshop and two HIV/STD education classes."

gngr~snap, thanks for the newspaper article! you do a great job! do you know if he has an STD? he could have been born with one, that would be unfortunate for a child.

In Chicago's Cook County Jail and the Il. Dept. of Correction Facilities, prisoners are often kept on lockdown for short staff, for shift change, for a zillion different reasons. HOWEVER, if you are enrolled in a class, such as the above-listed HIV/STD classes, anger mgmt, etc. you are allowed out of your cell for the duration of the class, even if the rest of the facility is on lockdown. That fact is learned very quickly by the new inmates, who hanker after enrollment. This 'free time', although in a classroom setting with a volunteer class leader or ILDOC teacher, is coveted. There are long lists to attend, mainly due to the mini-freedom afforded, and the little luxuries allowed (you are given, at different times, candy, pencils, notebook paper, etc. all hot commodities for those incarcerated without money 'on their books'.) The teachers will often times give out these little treats at the beginning or end of the class, after the candy/eraser/pencil/etc is checked and OK'd by DOC officials. (Oftentimes, it's purchased directly from the company, Keefe, that runs the commissary).

Point being? Enrollment and completion of the classes don't, IMO, signify a desire/willingness to change - but rather, it's indicative of the extreme boredom that a prison sentence can cause. Just my two cents, and all that.

I've never received a notification either! I am signed up to a website that will alert you if a RSO moves near you. That is how I know that one just moved within .25 miles of me in the last month. No mail, no phone call, no anything from LE. In NC we don't have tiers, or at least they are not publicized so I have no idea the severity of their crime. Truly awful!

Ali Lowitzer is the last one of that group that is still missing. Jump to the end of that thread & read next to last post: "Chasity Armstrong has been found. Bridgette Bilotta has been found(and disappeared again), so Ali is the last one of this group. "

Ali's listing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7260/47/

But there are at least 7 more in Montgomery County and Spring, TX that fit the timeline that I'm aware of.

Thank you! I knew I had seen this timeline awhile back and was just wondering about these girls. Glad to know some of them have been found.

snip:

(buckle yourselves in for the long haul....)

I'm surprised the Pate family were unaware he might be connected to Lisa's murder if he had been investigated earlier and was even sent to the gj... Were they completely unaware of all this???

My assumption is that in order to further the case, they had to keep quiet so as not to leak anything...

We are here as advocates for Mickey and now Lisa. We are here to seek justice for them. Here we have formed a little community(that continues to grow) in support of Mickey, we are here for the victims, the families, LE and anyone else involved. We offer our support, condolences, knowledge, ideas and opinions. Every single one of you have touched my heart, the love and care you share for this young women. I will never forget. Every single one of you should be proud, you helped Mickey, you kept her alive in spirit, and you kept her case going through interest and care. Mickey, you brought a community together, you helped another victims family get answers and most importantly you stopped an evil man for victimizing anyone else. Mickey you are a shining star. And so are all the rest of you WSs. I am truly touched by this human compassion.

this is what i'm wondering. did they not inform the family who they had suspicions about back in 2000? seems like they would have recognized his name or picture?? also, i would have called Lafayette LE and said, "hey did you take a look at BSL? we think he killed our daughter in 1999"

more importantly, WHY DIDN'T THEY PIN THAT MURDER ON HIM BACK THEN??!!!

i am so upset by this, as i'm sure Mickey's family is. it's seems like whatever evidence they have now would have been just as good back then, so where was is then? did they not search his home or vehicle in 1999? so so so upsetting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member