LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

We are being PULLED apart. A merica is nothing but a hollow shell, rotten from within.
I disagree. The majority of Americans are hard working, peace loving freedom defending people. And still the Greatest Country in the world, bar none.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How and where did 1 guy do this? Why were there so many police around?

probably an ambush, went somewhere that 1 or 2 squad cars would likely be, shooting drew more to the scene, shot at them too.

just guessing.

Wasn't there a news story a few days about about some young guys (including a young teen) who were planning an assault on Baton Rouge cops but were busted?

Stolen guns would have targeted officers in Baton Rouge, investigators say

Investigators believe four men broke into the pawn shop early Saturday and stole eight handguns. Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie said that one of the suspected robbers was captured at the scene and told officers the guns were stolen "to get bullets to harm police officers." Dabadie said the suspect, later identified as 17-year-old Antonio Thomas, didn't indicate when or where a possible plot would be carried out.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/1...fficers-in-baton-rouge-investigators-say.html

Another tragedy directed at a specific group of people. Why is this OK anywhere?
RIP officers.

Wasn't there a news story a few days about about some young guys (including a young teen) who were planning an assault on Baton Rouge cops but were busted?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ge-arrests-black-lives-matter-police-killings
July 13 2016
Police arrested three suspects and were seeking a possible fourth suspect accused of stealing several handguns as part of what authorities on Tuesday described as a “substantial, credible threat” to harm police officers in the Baton Rouge area.

The arrests come at a time of heightened tensions after the deadly police shootings of black men in Baton Rouge and Minnesota and the killing of five police officers in Dallas last week.

Authorities in Baton Rouge discovered the alleged plot while responding to a burglary at a pawn shop early Saturday morning, the Baton Rouge police chief, Carl Dabadie, said in a press conference. The first suspect arrested told police that “the reason the burglary was being done was to harm police officers”. The chief said the suspect didn’t indicate any details about when or where a possible plot would be carried out.

Mayor is reporting 3 officers dead on TV (msnbc). At least 4 injured.

Witness on WAFB reporting 'civilians' were shooting at each other before the police arrived. He believes it may not have been an ambush.

Amen. And I'm sick of having to explain hate to my kids. And I can't stand the thought of them growing up in an "Us vs. Them" world.

SweetCaroline((hugs))

My niece's name is Caroline, and I have a nephew that just started as a security guard and I am so sick of this why????? I have tears streaming down my face. I will never understand hatred EVER.

Witness on WAFB reporting 'civilians' were shooting at each other before the police arrived. He believes it may not have been an ambush.

Are you watching live too? Heartbreaking 😭

(Mayor: "Ambush-Style Shooting", per TV msnbc interview with Mayor.)

Me too (((Jax)))) me too 😭😍😍😭

(Mayor: "Ambush-Style Shooting", per TV msnbc interview with Mayor.)

Might be awhile before the air clears and we get a straight story. It's still breaking....usually get mixed reports as info is revealed.

The "active shooting" could have been a ruse to get cops there in numbers. Just seems odd that people would be actively shooting on a Sunday morning....but it's not as if ANY of this makes sense/

Of course, I don't know that...just speculating.

SweetCaroline((hugs))

My niece's name is Caroline, and I have a nephew that just started as a security guard and I am so sick of this why????? I have tears streaming down my face. I will never understand hatred EVER.

I can't even cry. I feel lightheaded and sick to my stomach.

The whole world is in a state of emergency.

Summer of hate.[emoji22]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It sure is feeling that way. Hatred motivating killers, then hatred directed at anything and everyone even theoretically associated with the killers, then more killing. A long, awful summer, and it's only half over. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back