GUILTY LA - David, 56, & Nicholas Pence, 25, murdered in their Metairie home, 22 April 2015

Wouldn't there be yelling or screaming from whoever was not shot first? She said she heard glass breaking and then gunshots but nothing else?

Wouldn't there be yelling or screaming from whoever was not shot first? She said she heard glass breaking and then gunshots but nothing else?

I would think so, too. :thinking:

I wonder who "the friend" is and why he is not being named like the other young man?

Sounds like "the friend" lived with Chris Meyer? BBM

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

I don't get that statement... They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The two? together with chris Meyer

Who are the two?
Did three of them arrive at their home?

5 shots from a shotgun? Wouldn't the killer have to stop and reload? That would have taken some time. Did the Mom see the killer?

5 shots from a shotgun? Wouldn't the killer have to stop and reload? That would have taken some time. Did the Mom see the killer?

Don't think she saw anyone

Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/david_nicholas_pence_metairie.html#incart_river

No you wouldn't have to reload unless it's a single shot.

I don't get that statement... They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The two? together with chris Meyer

Who are the two?
Did three of them arrive at their home?

I'm glad it's not just me ;) I can't make heads or tails of it either.

I am not understanding this completely

There were five shots fired and breaking glass

How could she have missed seeing someone
The house doesn't appear large to me

I am not understanding this completely

There were five shots fired and breaking glass

How could she have missed seeing someone
The house doesn't appear large to me

I don't understand it either. Why hear no screams from the second victim when first victim was shot? More than one gun and shooter? Both shot at same time?

Yeah- this makes ZERO sense. Activate Hinky-Meter!

Seems there was no argument or scuffle as nothing was heard
Someone just entered a home and shot and killed two people
No noise was heard from either victim
Did the shooter shoot each one once quickly and then again several times?
Was a door left open as the killer exited or did he take time to shut everything up?

Do we know how he exited the house?
Same side door that was unlocked?

We don't know the lay out of the house. It's possible the shooter could've shot from outside the door and never entered if he/she had a straight shot. Five quick shots across the room hitting both victims and maybe a drinking glass or picture frame in between, shut the door and gone in one minute's time. If wife was two rooms away she could've missed seeing the shooter.

We don't know the lay out of the house. It's possible the shooter could've shot from outside the door and never entered if he/she had a straight shot. Five quick shots across the room hitting both victims and maybe a drinking glass or picture frame in between, shut the door and gone in one minute's time. If wife was two rooms away she could've missed seeing the shooter.

True. But they must have been a good shot as distance would have been a little farther and 5 shots hit their target.

Also shooting from outside the shots should have been more audible to neighbors.

Unless they were both shot at the same time - ie two shooters?

What a baffling case!

This is a puzzler....but don't forget Occam's lessons: the simplest and most direct path most usually yields the solution.

On the subject of the bicycle. Trying to ride a bicycle with a shotgun can be done, but can it be done quickly while trying to get away. It would be risky to steal something right before or after the murder. Why add to the risk? And I agree that five shots from a shotgun would take a relatively long time. I'm going to give mom the benefit of a doubt and suppose that the bedroom was a far distance from where the shooting took placed and situated in such a way that the noise could not be heard. If not I have to cry foul.

This is a puzzler....but don't forget Occam's lessons: the simplest and most direct path most usually yields the solution.

I'm starting to side eye that direct path... ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back