LA LA - Faye Self, 26, Armistead, 30 March 1983

By ANSLEE WILLETT THE GAZETTE
<snipped>
"The day sheriff&#8217;s officials said Browne claimed to have killed 50 people, they established phone lines for information from the public about his activities. Calls poured in, including from people wondering if Browne was responsible for killing their relatives."

I wondered if any information came in from Chesterfield County, Virginia.

<snipped>
"Browne was the maintenance man at the apartment where Self lived."
" He says he entered her unlocked apartment, found her asleep, placed a rag with chloroform over her face and went to get a rope to bind her. When he returned, she was dead. He dumped her body in a river."

He left her there to go get rope? How did she get to her apartment? She just forgot about her child that was at her mother's house. Her vehicle was still at the bar locked up and she was sleeping at her apartment?
Details of the disappearance state she told her friends she was leaving to pick up her infant child, and she never arrived at her mother's house.

this from: http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/B/BROWNE_robert_charles.php
The 16-year-old Faulkner County murder of Pamela Felkins may be one of his victims. Faulkner County Coroner Pat Moore explains, "She had been abducted, raped and brutally murdered." A day after she went missing, her body was found at an old dump site just south of the McGintytown community.

UID was found in a landfill.

Although several of Browne's victims were young, petite women, others appear to have no similarities beyond being what he described as "opportunities."
A man who was buddies with Browne in the mid-1980s and who has been interviewed by investigators said Browne talked about having sex with other men.

I wonder if the buddy knew of any woman he was aquainted with? Where did this buddy live?
UID was a petite. Faye Aline Self was petite.

He says he dismembered at least two women - one in his bathtub and another in a motel bathroom with a dull butcher knife from the kitchenette.

Bamburg also recalls a brief, "out of the blue" encounter that he had with Browne in the early 1990s. Browne showed up in town late in the afternoon, picked up Bamburg and some of his friends and took them to get Icees.

I am wondering if he had left town or and if so where was he living?

Browne was dishonorably discharged from the Army in 1976. He worked for IP's Mansfield Mill from 1981-83. He also drove a truck for a wholesale company, that gave him the opportunity to go on "ramblings." Browne, 53, referred to women as "trash," and didn't hide his disdain for them. While incarcerated in 2000, Browne drew a map showing where some of the killings took place. Some of the victims he remembered, others he didn't.
I wonder what type truck he drove for a wholesale company?

He worked steadily from 1981 to 1988, according to investigators, with the exception of a 10-month gap, when he served a prison sentence for stealing a truck.
Where did he work, and what was he driving.

http://peace4missing.ning.com/group/fayealineself/forum/topics/2153128:Topic:924
Faye's neice Christy, stated "To make a very long story short, two serial killers have individually claimed her as their victim. The first was Henry Lee Lucas, and now Robert Charles Brown, incarcerated in Colorado, has claimed to have killed her. Along with many, many others."
Was Lucas ever tied to Virginia?

I am answering my own question
"was lucas ever tied to virginia?"
He was born in Blackburg, Virginia.

Louisiana State Police, Michael Allen, has contacted me today. This is a second contact for Faye Aline Self. I have given him the details to doe. I will keep everyone updated.

Bumping case up. Any new developments? 30 year anniversary approaching in March.

This is one I would really like to see solved too, Richard.

Miss. exhumation sought in new leads on 2 missing La. women

Faulk told the newspaper he has been contacted over the past year by several groups looking into missing persons cases. That led to the discovery of similarities in the &#8220;Jane Doe&#8221; who died in the county of a hit-and-run accident in 1998 and two missing Louisiana women, Faye Aline Self, of Coushatta, and Nelda Louise Hardwick, of Lake Charles.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...xhumation-sought-new-leads-2-missing-La-women

I feel there are too many loopholes in the story.

She had told friends she was going to pick up her daughter at her mom's and go home because she had to go to work the next day. So I don't understand why her car was still at the bar and Browne claims to have encountered Faye while she was sleeping in her apt, so where was the daughter ?

I personally don't believe that Browne encountered her as he says.

I agree. It makes no sense to say you are going to pick up your daughter, but then decide to walk home, go to sleep and forget about the daughter and your car.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/NEWS03/807310330

COUSHATTA — The two-year anniversary of the confession of a Coushatta native who claims to be one of the nation's most prolific serial killers passed this week without public or media notice.

But it's certainly not far from the mind of the daughter of a Coushatta woman who Robert Browne confessed to killing. Karrie Bateman, who was 10 years old when her mother, Faye Aline Self, 26, was reported missing in March 1983, did not let the anniversary of Browne's confession to Self's death go without re-urging attention to this cold case that's yet to be stamped closed.

I am confused. Either this report was incorrect or there are loopholes in the story. They are saying Karrie was 10 years old, but the original report states she was a baby??

FAYE ALINE SELF – 26 YRS OLD Armisted, LA

Faye Aline Self, age 26 at the time of her disappearance, was last seen at the Wagon Wheel Bar in Armisted, Louisiana on March 30, 1983 and has not been seen or heard from since. Faye was last seen wearing jeans and a pullover top.

LINK:

texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/1983/03/SelfAlineFaye2.pdf

Faye Aline Self
faye_aline_self_1.jpg
faye_aline_self_2.jpg
faye_aline_self_3.jpg
faye_aline_self_4.jpg

Self, circa 1983
  • Missing Since 03/30/1983
  • Missing From Armistead, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'2, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Jeans and a pullover top.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, gray eyes. At the time of her disappearance, Self's hair was bleached blonde and cut shorter than shown in the photos with this case summary. She goes by her middle name, Aline. Self has a hysterectomy scar on her abdomen, a vaccination scar on her left arm and a scar on her right leg. She wears an upper denture plate.
Details of Disappearance

Self left her baby daughter with her mother on the evening of March 30, 1983 and went out with one female friend and two male friends to the Wagon Wheel Bar and Restaurant on Highway 1 in Armistead, Louisiana. Later, she told her friends she was leaving to pick up her infant child, as she had to be at work early the next morning.

Self never arrived at her mother's house to collect the child. Her car was found the next day in the parking lot of the restaurant. The doors and the steering column were locked. Her purse and keys were missing, but her new shoes were in the backseat.

In 2006, self-proclaimed serial killer Robert Charles Browne confessed to Self's murder. He has already pleaded guilty to two homicides, including the murder of Rocio Sperry, who disappeared from Colorado in 1987 and was never located.

faye_aline_self_8.jpg

Robert Charles Browne

Brown stated he met Self in the Wagon Wheel on the night of her disappearance and later went to her apartment; he was the maintenance man at her apartment complex at the time. He stated he went to her apartment after seeing her at the bar and found her asleep in the bedroom.

He covered her mouth with a chloroform-soaked rag and then went to find some rope to bind her, but when he returned, she was dead. He said he dumped her body off a bridge into the Red River.

Browne also confessed to murdering two other women in the same parish. None of these accounts have been confirmed and Browne has not been charged in connection with Self's disappearance or the other two murders. Investigators are searching for evidence to verify his stories, but have found very little indications. Most of his alleged victims were women, but there were some men also.

Self's family says that although she had a wild streak in 1983, it is uncharacteristic of her to abandon her child. She was declared legally dead five years after her disappearance, but her remains have never been found.

Investigating Agency
  • Red River Parish Sheriff's Department 318-932-5753
Source Information

Faye's NamUs profile was modified today, 10/6/22
She currently has 11 rule outs/exclusions

UP50273
05/16/2018
Natchitoches
LA

UP6279
12/18/1996
Fairfax
VA

UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight
VA

UP6629
02/03/1991
Frederick
VA

UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News
VA

UP6661
02/03/1991
Stafford
VA

UP6796
11/18/1985
Alleghany
VA

UP6642
08/07/1986
Chesterfield
VA

UP8493
12/06/1993
Fairfax
VA

UP852
06/19/1986
St. Tammany
LA

1698100301526.png

1698100371131.png

Missing since:1983-03-31
Date of Birth:Over 26
Sex:female
Race:White
Eye color:Gray, Blue
Hair color:Blonde
Height:61 inches
Weight:100 pounds
Scar:Yes
Dental Records:Unavailable
DNA Records:Available
FACES Case #:347
Agency Case #:LSP#NDD001705
Alt. Case #:M289331879
Agency:Red River Parish Sheriff's Department
Agency Phone:318-932-5753/318-862-9728

Identifying features
Bleached blonde hair but naturally brown, scars on abdomen, left arm, right leg, wears either partial upper bridge or full upper dentures. Last seen wearing a white shirt and white jeans.

Additional details
Last seen at Wagon Wheel Bar and Restaurant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back