GUILTY LA - Jackson Attuso, 8, stabbed to death, West Feliciana Parish, 10 June 2010

From video at the above link:

Oh gosh. Mom was with him and another lady and her daughter. (I don't know if they saw it, but news said they all went there together to ride on the trails)
The 8 year old was from Clinton (not far from St. Francisville, but I guess they did not live in the Bluffs)
The 16 year old cut the child with a box cutter.
According to the sheriff, it's one of the most brutal scenes he has ever seen.

16 year old is in custody, has not been charged yet. Is with his parents at the moment.

Extremly gory scene. Stabbed multiple times.

If he was my offspring, they'd have to have me handcuffed if they had me in the same room with him, because I'd feel duty-bound to kill him with my bare hands.

Clinton (where the child lived) is a very small town with a lot of country charm. No big stores, just local shops. Some plantation homes from the 1800's. Some run down, bad areas, but all in all, a great town.

The Bluffs on Thompson Creek is a golf community that is in St. Francisville, LA. Not far from Clinton. The news report said the child's mother brought him there to ride bikes on the trails by the golf course. The Bluffs is beautiful. It's got rolling hills and beautiful homes.

This is tragic. These are both small communities and they will be rocked by this.

Prayers to both families and both communities.

ETA: From Clinton to the Bluffs is about 18 Miles http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cli...g=-91.24576&2v=ADDRESS&2id=264801517#initPgSt

The article has been updated:

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12630575

Snipped:

West Feliciana Sheriff Austin Daniel said that a 16-year-old walked up to a carpenter in the subdivision and told him to call 911 and that he had stabbed a child.

Daniel said the crime is particularly disturbing. "I was shocked at what I saw down there," said Daniel. "It was just a terrible scene."

Ken Roark, who lives about 100 yards from the scene, had just returned to his home on a quiet cul-de-sac that accesses The Bluffs bike and walking trail. "You wonder what brought something like this on," said Roark. "From what I understand, the kid was a good student and didn't even know the kid that he had killed and then he goes and confesses and turns himself in."

bizarre
idk how families cope with this kind of horror

bless them

I just don't understand how the mom wasn't in sight of her son (the victim) when this happened if she was biking with him.

I'd like to know if the 16 year-old was on meds.

This is beyond horrible. I'm holding both families in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

concentric said:
I just don't understand how the mom wasn't in sight of her son (the victim) when this happened if she was biking with him.
I thought about that too.
Since we don't know the details yet all I can think of is it happened really quickly. Maybe he rode ahead a little bit.

***rumor (since I don't have a link):

the childs mother is a doctor.

Kimberlyd - Thanks so much for all of the close-to-the-scene updates. Much appreciated. There seem to be more and more kids doing 'thrill kills' and I can't understand why. Is it the violent video games that make them want to 'try it out'? Is it lack of supervision? Is it lack of morals being taught in the home? I just don't understand why anyone would kill another person just for the hell of it. I can't get that mindset.

I thought video games too.

This kinda stuff makes no sense at all.

I mean who would think taking your child to ride his bike on a trail could ever end up like this. This is so heart breaking. It's all I can think about.

These poor families. I just can't imagine.

As I find new info, I will update.

Thank you Kimberly for bringing this tragic case to our attention. It reminds me of a case here at WS that I have been working on where we suspect the double murder was committed over a video game. An 11 year old and his housekeeper were brutally murdered with knives. The boys parents are both doctors. We have discovered that there is one game where it is considered laughable if one's character is killed with knives so someone took out real life vengeance on the victim who embarrassed him. I'll try and find the link to the story and bring it over. I do believe the cyber world of video games desensitizes our youth, MOO.

REgardless of whether there is a tie in to video games, this is a sad sad tragedy and my prayers are with both families.

wm

This crime just makes no sense to me whatsoever. What would make a 16 year old snap like that? I just dont understand this. How devestating for both families. :( Bless the poor child and may he RIP.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/roddreher/2010/06/a-lost-little-boy-gets-his-throat-cut.html

These events never fail to shock and deeply sadden me. Looking at pictures of the bike trail and considering its location, never would a parent expect to have their child murdered in such a place when they lose sight of them for just minutes. My heart breaks for the little boy and how he must have suffered before he died. Poor baby in the wrong place at the wrong time. Since the attacker continually attacked this child, I am going to have to take some time to find sympathy for him. His life is ruined, but he will live and his victim will be forever gone. The focus will now be on the attacker and his problems while the victim's family will now be forever attached to the boy and his "issues." The little boy's mother and family will have to cope with their loss and unfair guilt for not being able to prevent the attack.

I've been very busy at work this morning and have not been able to check for any local info. This child has been on my mind all morning. If I hear anything that I can verify, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Thanks for posting this geauxgirl.

Little Jackson had hair in his hand. So sad. I guess he tried to fight back.
Not much an 8 year old can do when being attacked by a 16 year old with a box cutter.

My heart is breaking for these families.

ITA, Poor baby.

I'm trying to see if Trevor has a facebook or myspace page. I wonder which h.s. he is going to or went to?

I did find Jackson's moms fb page. I don't want to link it out of respect for them though. I can't even fathom what they must be going through now. How devestating.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back