GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_death_o.html

Sheila Nand, a dancer at Stilettos, which is next to Temptations, said the couple stopped into her club the same night Lockhart disappeared.

Sanchez approached Nand as she danced on the club's stage, tipped her and asked if she would leave the club to join her and Speaks. Sanchez told Nand she looked like another girl that she had previously taken home, according to Nand.

"She looked at me kind of goo-goo eyed ... and asked me if I would go home with her," Nand said. "I want a treat for him," Nand said Sanchez told her.

Nand said she declined the offer but spoke with the couple after she was done dancing. Speaks, whom she recognized as a doorman from nearby businesses, said hello but remained largely silent, Nand said.

Sanchez then changed her request, Nand said, asking the dancer to leave the club with the couple to "work" a small gathering somewhere in the city for $700. Again, Nand said, she declined.

Who is Shelia? Sorry, I missed a lot after I went to bed last night and the other thread is closed!

You can still go and read the closed threads but you can't add comments because they are closed to keep threads from getting way too long. It does help to make it a bit easier to deal with cases with a lot of posts.

You may have already known that , sorry if it was repeat of info u already knew. It's hard to catch up when a thread gets so many pages so fast.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/persons_of_interest_in_death_o.html

Sheila Nand, a dancer at Stilettos, which is next to Temptations, said the couple stopped into her club the same night Lockhart disappeared.

Sanchez approached Nand as she danced on the club's stage, tipped her and asked if she would leave the club to join her and Speaks. Sanchez told Nand she looked like another girl that she had previously taken home, according to Nand.

"She looked at me kind of goo-goo eyed ... and asked me if I would go home with her," Nand said. "I want a treat for him," Nand said Sanchez told her.

Nand said she declined the offer but spoke with the couple after she was done dancing. Speaks, whom she recognized as a doorman from nearby businesses, said hello but remained largely silent, Nand said.

Sanchez then changed her request, Nand said, asking the dancer to leave the club with the couple to "work" a small gathering somewhere in the city for $700. Again, Nand said, she declined.

OH MY WORD!!! Imagine how Sheila must feel, that it could have been her. Unbelievable. Well, the case is coming together one piece at a time. I've felt all along that this was something along those lines. I just hope the evidence stacks up quickly so they can formally charge them both with murder.

Thank you for the info Swamp Mama!

IMO, Nand's statement isn't a huge revelation, except perhaps to the extent it shows the persistence of the couple in trying to recruit. IMO, it makes it seem a little more premeditated because if Nand had believed MAS' lie about the private group party for $700, what would have happened when they got where ever and there was no group and no $700? IOW, using lies to recruit makes it seem like the true goal was just getting the person to go, not just to have some fun.

BBM

I agree.

-They had to have at the ready tools required to dismember a human.
-JL was target #2, at least. Probably more potential targets that were approached are out there.

According to a neighbor, she is the sister of Paul Sanchez.

Hurricane Party Paul Sanchez & the Rolling Road Show - YouTube

We talked about that last night in the other thread before it closed and finally discovered that Paul Sanchez is actually her uncle. Wikipedia, his website bio and an obituary of his grandmother has info on him that shows his parents are not her parents.

We were confused for quite a while trying to figure it out.

Either she fudged a little on the truth or the neighbor got it mixed. I wouldn't put it past her to lie a bit.. ok I wouldn't put it past her to lie a lot!

Given all of the recent new information, I think we're starting to get a picture of what happened.

TS and MAS, having failed to pick up SN, picked up JL instead, probably either offering her a ride home, or offering her to work extra (I'm trying to be kind to the deceased, but we have to face reality).

I'm actually leaning towards the ride home because that could explain a stab wound. It could be that when she discovered she wasn't being brought home, or was battered with persistent attempts by TS or MAS to seduce her, she attempted to flee, or requested to leave.... at which point there could have been a struggle, and a stabbin'

eh? thoughts? eh? eh?

Given all of the recent new information, I think we're starting to get a picture of what happened.

TS and MAS, having failed to pick up SN, picked up JL instead, probably either offering her a ride home, or offering her to work extra (I'm trying to be kind to the deceased, but we have to face reality).

I'm actually leaning towards the ride home because that could explain a stab wound. It could be that when she discovered she wasn't being brought home, or was battered with persistent attempts by TS or MAS to seduce her, she attempted to flee, or requested to leave.... at which point there could have been a struggle, and a stabbin'

eh? thoughts? eh? eh?

Work is more likely to get her to leave the club ahead of schedule, in my opinion.

A promise of something.

The fact that these two did this in places where a lot of people knew them-cameras everywhere & they knew that-is just stupid!! I also agree with Smooth Operator-MAS knew full well what she was doing!!

MOOC

BBM

I agree.

-They had to have at the ready tools required to dismember a human.
-JL was target #2, at least. Probably more potential targets that were approached are out there.

What kind of tools would be needed to dismember?
Does anyone have an opinion whether this was the 1st time or have they done this before? I think the crime itself indicates an evil history - but the cover up was so shoddy it screams amateur.

They ask Jaren if she has drugs, she says yes and wants to party with them. Jaren also has a lot of $ on her from her shift. They want drugs but don't want to pay for them, and they don't have $700. If they rob her and leave her alive she will tell. She can identify them and Speaks is already wanted. Robbery gone bad. Very, very bad. But could it honestly have ended any other way? Seems to me they sealed her fate when she agreed to go with them.

We talked about that last night in the other thread before it closed and finally discovered that Paul Sanchez is actually her uncle. Wikipedia, his website bio and an obituary of his grandmother has info on him that shows his parents are not her parents.

We were confused for quite a while trying to figure it out.

Either she fudged a little on the truth or the neighbor got it mixed. I wouldn't put it past her to lie a bit.. ok I wouldn't put it past her to lie a lot!

Makes sense because the wiki bio says his mother's name was Sylvia and the assessor's records show the house being in the name of Sylvia Sanchez.

eh? thoughts? eh? eh?

I agree 100%. I'd say Terry Speaks tried to force himself on her and she objected. If she was able to notify authorities, Speaks would be captured and tried for crimes in multiple states. The suspects must've felt they had to erase Jaren before she could talk. I am wondering if they found any DNA evidence of Jaren being present in the house in Kenner.

They ask Jaren if she has drugs, she says yes and wants to party with them. Jaren also has a lot of $ on her from her shift. They want drugs but don't want to pay for them, and they don't have $700. If they rob her and leave her alive she will tell. She can identify them and Speaks is already wanted. Robbery gone bad. Very, very bad. But could it honestly have ended any other way? Seems to me they sealed her fate when she agreed to go with them.

To me, the dismemberment suggests more than just a robbery gone bad. They could have left her in one piece.

What kind of tools would be needed to dismember?
Does anyone have an opinion whether this was the 1st time or have they done this before? I think the crime itself indicates an evil history - but the cover up was so shoddy it screams amateur.

More than a Swiss Army knife, I'd think. More than either MAS or RS had on their person when they entered the club.

To me, the dismemberment suggests more than just a robbery gone bad. They could have left her in one piece.

I agree. Plus no attempt to remove identifiers.

Not sure the dismemberment was the point, but it almost had to have been planned in advance. It's not something one can accomplish in the back seat of a car.

IDK. It's puzzling.

I know, I wish they had. The whole thing is just sickening! The dismemberment is a special kind of evil. It is hard to wrap my mind around this case. It's at once calculating and premeditated....as well as shoddy and inexperienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500