LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested* #2

Many claims on the Wikipedia page are devoid of citations. The page claims that “she was posthumously diagnosed with locked-in syndrome following her autopsy,” which is news to me. Can LIS even be diagnosed posthumously? I’d be wary of relying on Wikipedia here.
I don’t think it could be because even if you could tell the person had been paralyzed, how could you tell that they had been cognitively functional? Like how would you know they hadn’t been in a vegetative state?

I don’t think it could be because even if you could tell the person had been paralyzed, how could you tell that they had been cognitively functional? Like how would you know they hadn’t been in a vegetative state?
I believe the coroner dispelled the assertion by the parents that she had lock in syndrome. I would not believe Wikipedia here

Not sure about the history of posthumous diagnoses but I would assume that a doctor could probably make an educated guess if they had access to all the decedent's medical records. But for something like "locked in syndrome" I don't think any test could determine that postmortem.

Rest in Peace Sweet Lacey.

Justice has finally come on your behalf.

PS
IMO, considering the age of these criminals, the 20 year sentence might prove a Life one.

Life in prison is brutal.
And, as some say, each year spent there counts as two in regard of aging.

But then, life is what one makes of it.

Good riddance!!!!!!!

JMO

I haven't been able to bring myself to post since hearing the sentencing.
Anyone who has seen my posts on this thread will know this case is very close to my heart.
I have to say, I was expecting less than 20 years. I gasped when I saw the sentence.
But also, seeing the statements from the parents and all the support they're getting has just crushed me. Vile...
I'm thankful for everyone in this thread who has shared their thoughts and feelings much more succinctly than I would be able to.

“I have to say, I was expecting less than 20 years. I gasped when I saw the sentence”

Just curious, why were you expecting less than 20?

I put all blame of what happened to Lacey on the evil monster parents Clay and Sheila Fletcher. The monsters are real. Unfortunately, Lacey was deprived of ever living a normal life because her parents were evil (putting it mildly) self-centered idiots.

Doesn't matter what Lacey's health concerns were, as a parent you seek help, outside help when necessary. Their story is BS. Clay and Sheila are pathetic!

moo

I put all blame of what happened to Lacey on the evil monster parents Clay and Sheila Fletcher. The monsters are real. Unfortunately, Lacey was deprived of ever living a normal life because her parents were evil (putting it mildly) self-centered idiots.

Doesn't matter what Lacey's health concerns were, as a parent you seek help, outside help when necessary. Their story is BS. Clay and Sheila are pathetic!

moo
Couldnt agree more---I hope they suffer every single day in prison!!! Yet their suffering
Could never rise to rhe level of the abuse and torture they wreaked on their precious daughter

Agree with both of you. I think when someone first starts suffering from a serious anxiety disorder, they truly can't change/help it themselves, but that's what family/parents are for.

She must have felt so utterly alone in the world and in her suffering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back