LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is a strategic announcement and not simply a "statement" of determination and solidarity.

Did LE make this announcement or is it coming from community supporters? Just doesn't sound like a statement LE would officially release.

Anyone else's thoughts?

What are the conditions of the reward?
I ask because I wonder if a person who found the bike would be willing to give it up/and or information about it for a reward. They may be holding onto it while calling in and holding the bike for ransom.
Would someone even attempt to do this?
JMO

honestly his assessment is entirely true. There is literally zero white people in that area. It is about a 99.8% black region. I know I work on this section and it is not a nice part of town.

The region being 99.8% black doesn't equate to "not nice part of town". If his assessment was that this is not a nice part of town, thats one thing, but the racist bit...thats another.

honestly his assessment is entirely true. There is literally zero white people in that area. It is about a 99.8% black region. I know I work on this section and it is not a nice part of town.

The region being 99.8% black doesn't equate to "not nice part of town". If his assessment was that this is not a nice part of town, thats one thing, but the racist bit...thats another.

What are the conditions of the reward?
I ask because I wonder if a person who found the bike would be willing to give it up/and or information about it for a reward. They may be holding onto it while calling in and holding the bike for ransom.
Would someone even attempt to do this?

JMO

Blech...I hope not. At least not a person with a heart.

I personally am not certain of the conditions of the reward but IIRC, the monies will be awarded for "bringing Mickey home."

Good thinking, btw. I hadn't thought about the possibility someone might be attempting to gain the reward through the bike alone.

I wonder about the "carnie" factor. If I were a predator with a criminal record, it seems to me that driving all over the country in a camper and getting paid in cash would be a pretty sweet gig.
Also, can any of the locals tell us if there is any major road construction going on in the area? The reason I ask is I remember someone posting in another thread a link to a PI's website. He noted that there were large roadwork/repaving projects going on near many high-profile missing person cases in the Southeast and Midwest. Among them were, IIRC, Lauren Spierer, Katelyn Markham, Holly Bobo, and I think a few others, all petite blondes.

Car repair shops should be aware of any "hinky" blood, scratches, bike dents on incoming vehicles.

On that day, I think it was earth day, Izzo's gave away free Veggie Burritos to people who came on their bikes. I'm a member of the BikeLafayette group on FB and it was posted on their wall. This sticks out in my mind because I remember wishing that I still lived in Lafayette.

Thanks for responding! That is certainly good to know, and makes a lot of sense.

In a couple minutes here, I'm going to start us on a new thread as this one's running full. Stay tuned, and if you have links you want to bring over from this one, might find 'em now and be ready to put them on first thing, as then it'll be easier for people to find them.

PLEASE CONTINUE DISCUSSION OF THE MICKEY SHUNICK CASE HERE, THANKS:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7957690#post7957690"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 #2[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500