LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFEF...I'd definitely think there would be some evidence on the road. Now, obtaining it would be another matter entirely.

Has LE searched for evidence like that in the immediate area? Would the heat destroy it? I think it rained for a day or two shortly afterward; would that affect it?

I don't know the answers here. Just questions rattling around in my mind.

I have been following this website/thread since Mickey went missing and finally have decided to post some of my thoughts. These threads have been so interesting and I hope one of your thoughts turns out to helping bring Mickey home.
1) My boyfriend and I biked the exact area on St. Landry during the night last week so we could get a feel. We started at daylight searching that area and found NOTHING no disturbances what so ever. I also work on St. Landry street, so if anybody has any questions regarding that area I can possibly help you out there. b) I have been searching from day one, in the heat and I wouldn't change it for a thing because I want Mickey to come home. Today, when I took off of work early to volunteer I was distraught to find out that all volunteers were turned away. I was told that her father was taken out in a helicopter today around 1pm and had not returned and this was around 5pm. This could be a rumor but I was told this at the search headquarters. I have a very very bad feeling in my gut that we will receive some news tomorrow, and I've had such a positive energy/feeling this whole time. c) I read a few threads ago that there was a foul smell in the St. Landry street area....I smelt this also but did come across a few dead animals which could have contributed to the smell. D) Lourdes abandoned hospital is VERY creepy during the night. I have a strange strange feeling about this place also...It's weird to me that there would be random lights on in the hallways with junk all over and a random chair in the middle of the hallway. While we were bike riding we headed out around the hospital. I get the chills just thinking about it. Anyways I can answer any questions I had some good thoughts but they went away as soon as I started typing. If they come back I'll be sure to respond. Bring Mickey home!

You mentioned MS's dad was taken out in a helicopter today. Who took him? Was this for his job? Yes, a large abandoned building is very creepy. Hav you been in the building yourself?

I am thinking an accidental hit would tear that bike to pieces and it would take a pro to tap the back wheel of the bike without causing a damaging accident. If the purpose is to abduct, you certainly wouldn't want to potentially cause serious injury to the biker before you can get her in your vehicle.

So you think this person has done this before? Has Lafayette had other missing persons cases? Hit and run cases? Or do you think this person had done this before elsewhere and recently moved to Lafayette? I do agree, I don't think it was an accident, but just curious on your thoughts on him/her being a pro.

cajunbaby512...Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's unimaginable to me that the Shunick family is dealing with yet another hardship.

When you wrote "helicopter," did you mean he was airlifted out by a medical transport? Or was he in a search helicopter?

You mentioned MS's dad was taken out in a helicopter today. Who took him? Was this for his job? Yes, a large abandoned building is very creepy. Hav you been in the building yourself?

Is it possible TES may have taken him up there to figure out what other areas to search for Mickey?

Can someone tell me what they think they see in this picture? (Lifted it from thread #10). I'm trying to follow Shelly's line of thinking from that thread but not succeeding. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338351597.588281.jpg

Okay, here's the videos that we took earlier, all five of them.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

The last part you guys will have to excuse. There was some discrepancy on which way one of the white trucks had gone to be pictured in front of the cemetery on University. I included it, though, because it'll show you how fast the Olds was likely moving when it was photographed.

Wowwie, after all that, do you have any idea in your own minds as to where this guy turned around, and if so, I'm assuming that he would have needed to know EXACTLY where he was going and was very familiar with that area. Someone has driven that route for a very long time and it's his playground.

surely he wouldn't be going back to work just yet? maybe, but it seems to soon. still though, if they found something it would be leaked by now. don't you think? maybe not.

it's so scary being a woman and even more scary is raising children during these very scary times.

PFEF...I'd definitely think there would be some evidence on the road. Now, obtaining it would be another matter entirely.

Has LE searched for evidence like that in the immediate area? Would the heat destroy it? I think it rained for a day or two shortly afterward; would that affect it?

I don't know the answers here. Just questions rattling around in my mind.

I do think a good candidate for that evidence would be parts off the lights from her bike. Those are made of plastic so they may be expected to break off if she wrecked. If the lights were on her bike when it was recovered, the police would obviously have an idea about any plastic pieces missing. But, like you say, if they were small plastic pieces they could be washed away by rain. There might also be things that spilled out of her backpack (like the weed pipe that's been discussed) or maybe her mace.

i have a question. earlier today someone wrote about a serial killer from the past that worked at DOW chemical plant in Addis, LA (the port allen exit then south off the mississippi river bridge) I've never heard of this killer. when was that? i only recall DTL

I believe at one point, DTL worked at Dow. However, there were 2 serial killers operating in Baton Rouge that overlapped each other. DTL and Sean Vincent Gillis. He was caught because investigators working in DTL cases were looking at any previous victims they could link to DTL and they uncovered Sean Gillis's victims.

I do think a good candidate for that evidence would be parts off the lights from her bike. Those are made of plastic so they may be expected to break off if she wrecked. If the lights were on her bike when it was recovered, the police would obviously have an idea about any plastic pieces missing. But, like you say, if they were small plastic pieces they could be washed away by rain. There might also be things that spilled out of her backpack (like the weed pipe that's been discussed) or maybe her mace.

If her backpack was all zipped up, nothing would have fallen out.

Can someone tell me what they think they see in this picture? (Lifted it from thread #10). I'm trying to follow Shelly's line of thinking from that thread but not succeeding. View attachment 22850

I marked the area in this picture where you can faintly see a vehicle following her, this is a better view.

Attachments

• mickey03.jpg
    mickey03.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 160
Can someone tell me what they think they see in this picture? (Lifted it from thread #10). I'm trying to follow Shelly's line of thinking from that thread but not succeeding. View attachment 22850

i haven't been following the pictures much, so i'm not sure what you are trying to see, but what i think i'm seeing is mickey on her bike in the top right corner and what looks to be a VW jetta or similar in the bottom right corner. but i'm sure that what i'm seeing is wrong because i haven't heard any talk of a jetta.:waitasec:

i have a question. earlier today someone wrote about a serial killer from the past that worked at DOW chemical plant in Addis, LA (the port allen exit then south off the mississippi river bridge) I've never heard of this killer. when was that? i only recall DTL

Hi justwanna help. That was me. It was in reference to someone else's post about the possibility that the perp is a contractor at a plant or someone just working temporarily in the area, someone who travels a lot (I think they were trying to link Mickey's abduction to others outside of Louisiana). I remembered reading that serial killer - Derrick Todd Lee- worked at Dow Chemical in Baton Rouge.

That map that showed up is not right. In google maps put in breaux bridge LA nursery hwy and courville rd

Hi justwanna help. That was me. It was in reference to someone else's post about the possibility that the perp is a contractor at a plant or someone just working temporarily in the area, someone who travels a lot (I think they were trying to link Mickey's abduction to others outside of Louisiana). I remembered reading that serial killer - Derrick Todd Lee- worked at Dow Chemical in Baton Rouge.

oh, ok. i didn't realize that DTL was with DOW at one point.

I see what appears to be a person on a bike (presumably MS). I think earlier, some were discussing the possibility that the lighter section in the area MS would have just traveled are headlights shining on the roadway. Personally, I'll leave that to those with more sophistication with digital graphics. Personally, I can't tell if its a street light, head lights or some other light source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500