LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I mention that Louisiana has a 3 strikes law. The driver may have had several OWI/DWI offenses or felony arrests. If convicted of a 3rd, he/she could be looking at a lengthy sentence or possibly life in prison. This would give them motive to make the calculated decision to take the bike and MS to cover up their crime. The driver may have been impaired (2-3 drinks), not necessarily drunk, and still had the ability to think it through. Damned if you don't, damned if you do type of scenario.

I'm coming in on this a little late in the game, I apologize if another contributor has already touched on this point.

WELCOME:welcome::bdsong:

As this is your first post, this is your WS birthday :)

ACI- I noticed that she didn't answer the question correctly, or didn't understand it. You asked about the car, which was past LCG wasn't it?

Her online bio has her at either 28 or 29 years old. she may just be young and inexperienced.

Amanda McElfresh writes a lot for the Advertiser, but wasn't around for Derrick Todd Lee. This is a new level of case... she's having a learning curve just like everyone else...

Am I the only one that sees something under the front fender of the Z71. Also, there seems to be a small light under there (bike light)??

ACI- I noticed that she didn't answer the question correctly, or didn't understand it. You asked about the car, which was past LCG wasn't it?

correct. She didn't answer correctly and hasn't answered what I ACTUALLY want to know, which is the quality of the recording

My husband just passed down St. Landry. He says there is a police car blocking off the road towarsd the coliseum and diverting traffic down St. Thomas and there are about 7 or 8 police officers in vests searching the area. I am trying to pull up a map so he can give me more specifics

The thing about that truck in the photo is that the owner has to know they are looking for it. Because it's so widely publicized he would know that's his truck given the time and location. So, if there is no connection why not just contact LPD and say so? Therefore...

Alright...I have to go to work now. You guys put the the Websleuths bat signal if anyone breaks the case!

Chat's over. I have it saved if and when we can publish it.

She thinks?? What is the point of this Q&A if she doesn't know any definitive answers?? All it does is create more rumor and confusion, imo.

THAT! They gave no information that wasn't already public knowledge. Everything was "I think". Thanks for nothing guys!

May I mention that Louisiana has a 3 strikes law. The driver may have had several OWI/DWI offenses or felony arrests. If convicted of a 3rd, he/she could be looking at a lengthy sentence or possibly life in prison. This would give them motive to make the calculated decision to take the bike and MS to cover up their crime. The driver may have been impaired (2-3 drinks), not necessarily drunk, and still had the ability to think it through. Damned if you don't, damned if you do type of scenario.

I'm coming in on this a little late in the game, I apologize if another contributor has already touched on this point.

Three strikes law doesn't apply that way with DUI. If they have 2 previous dUI, the 3rd becomes a felony charge with minimum sentencing being 1year. That's just the DUI part though and doesn't account for whatever other charges would apply for causing injury and /or death to MS.

Am I the only one that sees something under the front fender of the Z71. Also, there seems to be a small light under there (bike light)??

bad lighting and analog security camera footage can make you think anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500