LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought, probably like many others, that the picture of a similar truck going in the opposite direction on st landry was ALSO this truck. Can you clarify?

Please review the post (which has now been posted on multiple recent pages) that shows the picture of the ONLY Chevy Z71.
One last time:
attachment.php

<modsnip>

Thread #14 countdown. Stand by. Another couple minutes.

Not sure. It is very confusing, but the Shunick
Page also claimed the bike was never found. So I don't know. But it is a fact that there were SEVERAL cops blocked off the roads where she was last seen.

The bike was found on Sunday I believe. confirmed by the facebook page, and people at Blackham when I was down there that day.

Sorry I'm a local had to say that first but just wondering is this common when to many locals join an try to put their 2 cents in wondering if it would be a good idea to maybe start a thread for the locals that it can keep this from happening?

This is the first time I've studied Mickey's path on Google Earth.

The first thing that struck was why on earth she didn't take Congress the whole way. Why did she dip down to St. Landry? Because there is no bike path and a bunch of pain-in-the-rear sidewalks, because traffic is too close to you to ride in the road. I'm satisfied that the reason she didn't just get on Congress right after leaving Ryan St. was bad riding conditions. To get good ones, she had to get to the Blackham Coliseum/Cajundome area and cut north. Congress has a good bike path there.

Here, my thoughts pursue several paths:

1. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action into the LafConGov parking lot - two perps in the truck follow her into the large deserted lot, easily catch up before she can escape out the back, hit her with the truck - knock her off the bike, and scoop her up - possibly with the use of chloroform to instantly subdue her. Big wide lot. It's the only escape route to her right in the short distance before she doesn't appear on camera at 224 St. Landry. I strongly lean toward the lot as the location of the abduction. If so, the evidence is on the ground right there in the parking lot of the seat of government. This leads to some strange thoughts.

2. OR, if the perps know the area, they circle around behind the lot, and take a right on St. Mary and then on Parkside, and intercept her as she flees out the back, so that she doesn't appear on camera. This rules the truck IN as a suspect vehicle. But the timing would be tricky, and if she knew she were being followed, she would have a good chance to escape while the truck circled the block.

3. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action to her left, all the way across St. Landry, onto Brashear. I am starting to really doubt this scenario. If the perp is closing in from behind, why would you risk crossing in FRONT of him to escape across the road down Brashear? Seems unlikely. And those houses are right on the road, with old, thin widows. Someone should have heard something - a scream or a crash.

4. No foul play in that short distance, and an alternate route taken through the back of the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, so that she never crosses 224 St. Landry, and foul play occurs later, in the neighborhood north of St. Landry, on St. Mary or Souvenir Gate, or around the Cajundome or Coliseum or even later. This likely rules the truck OUT and means the truck is a wild goose chase.. Going all the way down St. Landry would have taken her further out of her way, when I believe her goal was to get to the good bike path on Congress.

IF foul play was not the reason that she didn't show up on camera at 224 St. Landry, I see a good chance that to cut her route shorter and get off of St. Landry as it angled farther and farther away from her desired direction, she purposely cut through the back of the LafConsGovt lot to access the neighborhood north of St. Landry - and took Azalea out of the back of the parking lot, right on St. Mary, and left on Souvenir Gate.....over to the Cajundome to take a right on the bike path to get her back to Congress and get her home.

So.... I'm checking the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, Azalea, St. Mary, Souvenir Gate (and surrounding streets) the bike paths around the Cajundome, and then the stretch of Congress the rest of the way back to her home.

And the truck could be ruled in, or out, depending. What a case.
If 1. were right, why would foul play not be picked up by cameras if Laf Consolidated Govt had cameras on there bldgs. would these cameras only be aimed at streetside?

new thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7986786#post7986786"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(move on over.. doors closing here shortly)

Please resume our discussion of the Mickey Shunick disappearance at the thread below:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174094"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #14[/ame]

This is the first time I've studied Mickey's path on Google Earth.

The first thing that struck was why on earth she didn't take Congress the whole way. Why did she dip down to St. Landry? Because there is no bike path and a bunch of pain-in-the-rear sidewalks, because traffic is too close to you to ride in the road. I'm satisfied that the reason she didn't just get on Congress right after leaving Ryan St. was bad riding conditions. To get good ones, she had to get to the Blackham Coliseum/Cajundome area and cut north. Congress has a good bike path there.

Here, my thoughts pursue several paths:

1. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action into the LafConGov parking lot - two perps in the truck follow her into the large deserted lot, easily catch up before she can escape out the back, hit her with the truck - knock her off the bike, and scoop her up - possibly with the use of chloroform to instantly subdue her. Big wide lot. It's the only escape route to her right in the short distance before she doesn't appear on camera at 224 St. Landry. I strongly lean toward the lot as the location of the abduction. If so, the evidence is on the ground right there in the parking lot of the seat of government. This leads to some strange thoughts.

2. OR, if the perps know the area, they circle around behind the lot, and take a right on St. Mary and then on Parkside, and intercept her as she flees out the back, so that she doesn't appear on camera. This rules the truck IN as a suspect vehicle. But the timing would be tricky, and if she knew she were being followed, she would have a good chance to escape while the truck circled the block.

3. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action to her left, all the way across St. Landry, onto Brashear. I am starting to really doubt this scenario. If the perp is closing in from behind, why would you risk crossing in FRONT of him to escape across the road down Brashear? Seems unlikely. And those houses are right on the road, with old, thin widows. Someone should have heard something - a scream or a crash.

4. No foul play in that short distance, and an alternate route taken through the back of the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, so that she never crosses 224 St. Landry, and foul play occurs later, in the neighborhood north of St. Landry, on St. Mary or Souvenir Gate, or around the Cajundome or Coliseum or even later. This likely rules the truck OUT and means the truck is a wild goose chase.. Going all the way down St. Landry would have taken her further out of her way, when I believe her goal was to get to the good bike path on Congress.

IF foul play was not the reason that she didn't show up on camera at 224 St. Landry, I see a good chance that to cut her route shorter and get off of St. Landry as it angled farther and farther away from her desired direction, she purposely cut through the back of the LafConsGovt lot to access the neighborhood north of St. Landry - and took Azalea out of the back of the parking lot, right on St. Mary, and left on Souvenir Gate.....over to the Cajundome to take a right on the bike path to get her back to Congress and get her home.

So.... I'm checking the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, Azalea, St. Mary, Souvenir Gate (and surrounding streets) the bike paths around the Cajundome, and then the stretch of Congress the rest of the way back to her home.

And the truck could be ruled in, or out, depending. What a case.
If it were me and I was on that bike AND I were thinking to cut off to the govt parking lot, I would be looking in that direction while on my bike at that time. Cyclists usually look at the place they are going. On st Landry, MS is looking straight ahead. The parking lot is virtually directly to her right; if she had been wanting to go to that lot, I suffice it to say she might have already been looking in that direction and we would see her looking in the shot on St Landry. For that reason, I think she went straight ahead to the barn area.

I thought, probably like many others, that the picture of a similar truck going in the opposite direction on st landry was ALSO this truck. Can you clarify?

No, that is not the case. I thought so too, I'm not a car person so a white truck is a white truck is a white truck... but according to LE, they are only looking for the white truck in front of the gas station that was traveling in the same direction as Mickey. There is only one photo of that truck.

I know it's hard to keep up, especially since the consensus on this site seemed to be that the gas station photos showed the SAME truck traveling in opposite directions, but I guess LE has squashed that rumor.

There is absolutely nothing to clarify. That horse has been kicked to death....then kicked WHILE dead....then resurrected and kicked some more.

The trucks may looks similar, but according to LPD they 100% are not the same truck. They have been found and cleared. The ONLY truck still in question is the Z71 heading in the direction Mickey is heading.

I DO NOT want to start with the trucks again, but it could be the Z71, in the pic of the Olds in the upper corner.....going the opposite direction. As chicken fried pointed out. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member