LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
RM is connected to the Shunicks through a KM on FB. (Although I dunno the date)

“We have questioned many people in connection with this case,” Mouton says, declining to confirm whether Mcgee or anyone associated with him is still being questioned. “That information is part of the ongoing investigation and not public record,” he adds. “We have no one in custody. We have never had anyone in custody.”

McGee does not live in Lafayette. If he were involved, would the Lafayette PD have him in custody if indeed he were in custody or would that fall to the PD local to his residence?

He would be held in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred.

Ok so last night or maybe two nights ago someone was trolling GLP and mentioned the house off of some road in bureaux bridge, does everyone remember that? That same person mentioned a bayou to check.so I researched the house the troll was talking about (I have access to clerk of court records) and its the house of this McGee guy. I will go back and see if I can find the name of the body of water. This was on GLP yesterday before this breaking news!

Reposting bc this is important.

I am unable to call, the troll says -check out the bayou that runs along kodupuis road, 70517
Same troll who mentioned this latest news break yesterday? Could someone please commit to calling it in?

Can someone copy and paste the information on the Find Mickey FB!?

Yes, I wonder who live in the house in Breaux Bridge that was referenced? Do we know what date this Rocky was interviewed by LE?

I know Busted's FB isn't something I should quote, but about ten minutes ago they posted an article about the LE interviewing this individual and the link is already not working. That is, assuming it ever worked.

That GLP poster was not a troll! He was telling the truth.

People make a huge mistake underestimating GLP. It's a HUGE site with upwards of over 1000 posters on at any time. People from all the world post there and it's THE best site I have ever seen on breaking news.

Perhaps, but the language is disgusting, there are no apparent guidelines, etc...anyone can post anything, say anything. It is an intimidating site, IMO.

“We have questioned many people in connection with this case,” Mouton says, declining to confirm whether Mcgee or anyone associated with him is still being questioned. “That information is part of the ongoing investigation and not public record,” he adds. “We have no one in custody. We have never had anyone in custody.”

McGee does not live in Lafayette. If he were involved, would the Lafayette PD have him in custody if indeed he were in custody or would that fall to the PD local to his residence?

I'm pretty sure St. Martin Parish would have to arrest him and then transfer him over to Lafayette....LPD has no jurisdiction to make arrests in Breaux Bridge, nor does the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's office....

They could be offshore or out of town for another reason or they could be a non-local (although I very much doubt that) and they actually don't know they are being sought out for questioning.

My sis, who is a former 911 operator in New Iberia told me she thinks he lives in Baton Rouge. She said BR is one of the top 10 human trafficking cities in America. It's a possibility.

Well, I guess I will be on the lookout for damn white trucks next week. :maddening:

Yes, I wonder who live in the house in Breaux Bridge that was referenced? Do we know what date this Rocky was interviewed by LE?

The owner of the house has the last name McGee which is the last nam of this kid they questioned

Not saying it is McGee but with sentencing coming up in August this would certainly give him motive to try and hide any evidence. (Is that going too far?)

This is my first post on this forum, but I'm grateful for this place. I've been lurking for days reading posts and thinking about the case. I hope she is returned to her family soon, I cannot imagine my daughter being taken from me in such a way. I pray to God that she will have only minor injuries.

That being said... my brother was one of those guys who was asked to be swabbed for DNA back then. He did it without argument. I realize some people may argue civil rights, but we were all freaked out over the serial killer. He knew he had done nothing wrong. We always figured his psycho ex-girlfriend called his name in to the tip line. I don't think my brother was forced to do this.
However, it would have been smarter of the police to have the DNA broken down further before conducting the dragnet. For example, the DNA results released sometime later showed the killer (DTL) was either African American, Hispanic, or a combination of the two. My brother and many other swabbed didn't fall into those categories. And, before anyone says that is racial profiling, LE has every right once DNA has shown them something of a surprise clue (they thought killer was white before this), to narrow their search to people who fit the new profile.
I hope they have the DNA of the perp from the bike. It seems like they could use a break like that in the case. It is always possible this person has been arrested before and the DNA dragnet may not be necessary.

Sorry for a long-winded first post, but I guess I had a lot to say on the subject.

:wagon:

I'm pretty sure St. Martin Parish would have to arrest him and then transfer him over to Lafayette....LPD has no jurisdiction to make arrests in Breaux Bridge, nor does the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's office....

Yes, that's true if he was picked up in St Martin

And if St Martin parish LE is holding him that would allow Lafayette PD to truthfully make the statement they made to Independent today.

Quoting isn't working for some reason but that is a myspace for someone different!

Lafayette Parish Sheriff's office has a searchable database for warrants/bookings...anyone know if St. Martin does?

An technically if he dumped her where the bike was located, that's Iberville parish. Ugh....

According to the troll though he dumped her In a bayou off of kodupuis rd. he may have also known about the McGee guy, he also goes on to say that the police took the truck last nigh because it did have damage on it, and that there were '100 cop cars' at his house. (obviously not 100 but that's what he said.) he said he lives in the town and when something happens everyone knows about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval