LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the person who dumped the bike thought it would never be found, or he would have left it where it was.

I also think it is a stretch that a drunk, or even slightly drunk person would have the ability to clean up every little bit of plastic broken off a bike while out in the dark. According to true crime shows I've seen, kidnappers sometimes carry a "tool kit" of items specific to nabbing a person. A bump and grab kidnapper might have a broom and dustpan aboard if it was well thought out in advance.

According to Google Earth, it is about 13 miles from Butte La Rose to the I-10 bridge at Whiskey Bay. At least another 4-5 miles, if the boat was put in at the levee. That is somewhere between 25-35 miles roundtrip. What sort of timeframe are we looking at to make such a trip? I realize will depend on the boat and the motor. A rough window.

Have they looked at video from local hospitals to see if the truck pulled in by er and then left?

I just did a Google search on "drunk driver hits bicycle" just to see if this even happens and was honestly shocked by the number of different incidents of this.

One guy hit 5 girls on bikes, drove his car to the side of the road and went and hid in bushes and pretended to be a tree (?!?!) http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1450999678/Suspected-drunk-driver-hits-five-teens-on-bikes

I'm going to throw my belief into the accidental hit, panick, cover up, and pray it'll just go away because no one will notice she's missing theory until they rule that out. I'm not going to lie, that's the way I want it to be, so that's where that belief is coming from. All my years of watching every Law & Order SVU episode out there sure have me concocting other theories though.

A boat is a possibility, but then why the tire tracks and why the statement that the bike was dumped the morning of the disappearance.

Your are right about tire tracks being reported.

Either they WERE left by the perp and the boat theory doesn't hold water. Sort speak. Or the tracks were left by somebody unrelated to the case. I dont' know how you could distinguish the two simply by looking at the tracks.

The tread pattern, assuming they got one, would be useful for demonstrating a particular vehicle was at the location. Good evidence come trial.

I just did a Google search on "drunk driver hits bicycle" just to see if this even happens and was honestly shocked by the number of different incidents of this.

One guy hit 5 girls on bikes, drove his car to the side of the road and went and hid in bushes and pretended to be a tree (?!?!) http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1450999678/Suspected-drunk-driver-hits-five-teens-on-bikes

I'm going to throw my belief into the accidental hit, panick, cover up, and pray it'll just go away because no one will notice she's missing theory until they rule that out. I'm not going to lie, that's the way I want it to be, so that's where that belief is coming from. All my years of watching every Law & Order SVU episode out there sure have me concocting other theories though.

LOL, sorry couldn't type right after your post, lol, ohh my, that's like covering up your eyes and thinking you won't be seen. Just how drugged or drunk would someone need to be to pretend to be a tree?

According to Google Earth, it is about 13 miles from Butte La Rose to the I-10 bridge at Whiskey Bay. At least another 4-5 miles, if the boat was put in at the levee. That is somewhere between 25-35 miles roundtrip. What sort of timeframe are we looking at to make such a trip? I realize will depend on the boat and the motor. A rough window.

Maybe 2-3 hours if the boat is fast

LOL, sorry couldn't type right after your post, lol, ohh my, that's like covering up your eyes and thinking you won't be seen. Just how drugged or drunk would someone need to be to pretend to be a tree?

Haha. That makes me imagine some sort of Benny Hill style chase of people running in circles. Then the guy stops and poses amongst a bunch of mannequins and hopes no one notices he's real. Then the goofy-assed police all go slipping by on banana peels.

They need to start interviewing people who are known to frequently access the pilot channel / work canal area. Check out their vehicles, get as many names of acquaintances as possible.

Interview one person, clear them, but get names from them and just continue looking at as many of those people as possible.

All around Sherburn, Whiskey Bay, Butte La Rose. Everywhere. LE was still searching in the rain as well. that was some **** weather

Thanks - great work! Rough search weather. That was NASTY little storm yesterday.

Glad to hear of the intensive search in the area. i wish they could use sonar on the portion of the Pilot Channel north of the bridge, up to the first camp on the right.

I'll go with the camp idea...

Many isolated camps are in Henderson...and by isolated I mean 3-5 miles apart.

Someone mentioned some time ago that there were security people at one place.

If MS felt she was being followed maybe she thought that would represent safety and it was not.

As well there was mention of a "Mel's". Have the individuals there that evening been checked out?

BTW, I just e-mailed the Advertiser reporter, with an attached map, asking her if she would pinpoint the bike location.

Your are right about tire tracks being reported.

Either they WERE left by the perp and the boat theory doesn't hold water. Sort speak. Or the tracks were left by somebody unrelated to the case. I dont' know how you could distinguish the two simply by looking at the tracks.

The tread pattern, assuming they got one, would be useful for demonstrating a particular vehicle was at the location. Good evidence come trial.

Assuming tire tracks were found at the bike dump (only GMA said so)... It was what, 8 days after she went missing? what are the chances they were the perps tire tracks?

Also to note- CS said again last night that she believes MS is alive. I don't know how much of that is hope on their part or how much LE is talking to the family. I wish I knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled