LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would LE withhold this information about a HIT and RUN from the public at the request of her family?

The family does NOT tell LE what to release and what NOT to release.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Chicken Fried,

I did not follow up on this, but was the location of the bike consistent or inconsistent with a dump being made by boat?

Lets move on everyone.

Remember if there is a post that you believe is an issue click the alert.

LETS BRING MICKEY HOME!!

Discuss the case and not each other.

Speculation is fine as long as it makes COMMON SENSE. Pulling crap out of thin air isn't going to fly around here.

Now continue on please.

Chicken Fried,

I did not follow up on this, but was the location of the bike consistent or inconsistent with a dump being made by boat?

I gotta hit the hay.

But just quickly.... it could have been by boat OR land.

I need to check out my floating bike theory some more. Sounds wild, but I think there may be something to it.

Discuss the case and not each other.

Speculation is fine as long as it makes COMMON SENSE. Pulling crap out of thin air isn't going to fly around here.

Now continue on please.

Seriously What the fish paste is happening around here

Who established they partook? Just curious. Wouldn't be terribly surprised but substance in which she partook could give insight.
Heard she wasn't drinking.

it was hearsay somewhere far back in the thread, but one of the posters had said part of the search included searching for her pipe which may have been in her purse, and that they had heard her group smoked. but its really all speculation, unless the person that said that can speak up again lol. because i have no way of finding it at the moment.

Seriously...how many times do you have to tell some people IT'S AN ILLUSION, and that isn't her or her bike under the truck????? or that the other truck photos have been ruled out?

I feel like I'm getting truck roll'd over & over again as I pass through some posts on here. When will it end?

do you know if they have searched the ding dong mississippi river? that's where they should search next.

Don't know about that one. wanna call it in to the tip line? :floorlaugh: My luck, I'd be the one who took your call!

Ok, well how bout you locals come meet me at Blackham Coliseum tomorrow and we can discuss that scenario, until then, FIND MICKEY and BRING HER HOME. Vicariously debating how it happened is pointless, this will be a murder case if she was killed, malicious intent is involved. Be useful and come to a search to get the full picture.

Do you know if everything will be running the same way tomorrow? I didn't hear equisear was leaving until I was on my way home.

Yes opens at 8 am. They left, but left a grid search planned for areas of interest and members of the community are stepping up and leading the way. Come check it out.

Sorry! I didn't think the mods would still be up... and she refused private message, so I felt I HAD to say something about those posts,,,, what hours do y'all keep?

Not very good ones unless y'all start discussing the case and not the drama. :waiting:

The later I'm up, the more trigger happy I get on the ol' ray gun. :kimsterwink:

it was hearsay somewhere far back in the thread, but one of the posters had said part of the search included searching for her pipe which may have been in her purse, and that they had heard her group smoked. but its really all speculation, unless the person that said that can speak up again lol. because i have no way of finding it at the moment.

I've searched several times on different days and was never told to look for any such thing!

Finally I am caught up and can post!! I went out on the Monday after Mickey went missing, and hang up flyers. I have not made it out again and feel I need to do something. Anyone who has been there, I need your input. Were there other things besides going out in th ewoods searching that could be done? I can do anything BUT that. I am a big baby when it comes to bugs!! I have been a correction officer and dealt with inmates, but and terrified of bugs, And I have terrible allergies and one day out searching would lay me up for a week!

Also if anyone here wants to send me on a wild goose chase checking things out, Let me know.
Just to throw it out there, I do believe that she is alive, and the bike was thrown out when the heat became too hot as a diversion. I maybe read too much about serial killers and true crime, as it is my obsession, but this is my feeling as to what is going on.

I know this is long, but I also want to thank the WS community in dealing qwith us cajuns!! I have alway sfollowed since Natalee Holloway and just signed up for this case. I have seen nothing but concern and support from you guys!! I definitely intend to stick around!!

In response to my inquiry about the location of the bike, I received this e-mail from the Daily Advertiser reporter covering the story:
---------------------------------

Hi [chicken fried],

The bike was not found by the boat ramp, it was on the other side of State Route
975. It would be right below where you have Pilot Channel marked on the map.

Basically, when you are on State Route 975, heading toward I-10 from the exit
ramp, you can either turn right or left. If you go right, you end up at the boat
ramp. If you turn left, you are just in a gravel area without any kind of ramp.
It’s on that side where the bike was found and that's the area where all of the
police were working last Sunday.

As best as i can tell, based on what police said, it would have been below the
"e" in channel. (on the map I attached to the reporter) The bike was directly under the interstate. The police made it sound like it was close to the bank...my best guess based on some other stuff they said is that it was no more than 30 feet from the bank.

I was back out there yesterday and got a better look. It's a good 15- to 20-foot
dropoff from the land to where the water is -- very steep and very rocky. It
makes it easier to see why police are not 100 percent sure whether the damage to
the bike came from a hit-and-run or something else. Just my personal opinion,
but it definitely looks possible that a bicycle could get damaged if someone
threw it in that terrain and that distance. But I don't have any other
information or details, that's just a personal observation.
------

Here's the map I sent the source, referenced in the above.

I unfortuantely agree with you.....I noticed this the first time I looked at these two pictures. Then tried to erase it from my mind, eyes.....didn't want to mention it, but, had to comment now that someone else saw it too.

Well, some of us like to ponder puzzle pieces. That's pretty much the purpose of the site.

I'm in Pennsylvania. I can't drive bike routes or count security cameras or join a search crew.

One person's tedium is someone else's reason for being here.

this truck is a very close match, very close... at first glance i see no discrepancy to the truck in question...

regarding my phone call... i called the tip line an got a machine, then called the deep voiced PI on the case...

i am not going to assume he meant "we have that tip" or "we know she was hit"... i will say i have a directness about the way i speak to people that gets me answers... his responses were... slow and reluctant... unhappy.

as to the pics... i do way more than look at them... but its hard to explain, but i do throw them into "photoshop" as well... that is where i made the gif (poorly)... as it is not my preferred software...

if i know what i am looking for, i can find it... otherwise i am just like everyone else, blow it up, what do i see, shrink it down, what do i see... i have been over these pics before looking at different details... i originally "assumed" based on stance that the truck was accelerating to give it its current stance, but that certainly goes against the brake lights... white paint on the bike was key... i now knew what i was looking for... and unfortunately found it... when i showed my wife (who doesn't understand why i care) the gif... she looked at the kitties that haven't been fed, and a sink full of dishes and rolled her eyes... when i showed her what i had on my other screens... she cried... handed me her phone and said call them...

i try to separate myself from what we know, and look at what we have, or don't have... does it make sense to me that somebody could get hit in front of a busy place and have it go unnoticed..? unfortunately, in this all about me world we live in.... yes it does... that is exactly the place it would go unnoticed, right in front of everyone... there was more that i left out of my description in the pics because my hands were shaking, and i had no idea how to animate two simple frames in photoshop and i just wanted to present what i had found. i am not a sleuther or a detective... i am a simple graffix guy who doesn't even spell his own screen name right... actually wololo ;) but everybody always mispronounces it as wodalo...

there are often answers right under peoples noses they don't see... then when i point them out, they are discredited as someone "else" would have obviously noticed that... or that's crazy... this is my life story... i notice what everyone around me does not, it has become... easy to me. this is where i thought i could help out here as i don't even know these people... and have never followed this type of case before... i heard "no trace" and jumped in to prove that wrong... there is always something like minded folk miss because anything that goes against their current frame of mind is immediately dismissed.

sorry for the wall of text... people took the time to hear me out, no matter how far fetched, just wanted to take the time to say a little about who this nobody was that was rattling the cage....

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member