LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its just because the image is distorted. You can see its a little fish-eyed on wobbly. That would account for the light appearing over the sign

This was my thinking as well.

It has been discussed. Some think it looks like the passenger door is open or a figure is standing on the right side of the vehicle.

I thought I noticed that... wouldn't that be the person/ vehicle we would need for info??

I haven't come across any info on how often MS would hang out at BW's to get an idea of whether or not she had a consistent enough pattern to have been targeted in that way...But, I have wondered since the beginning if maybe she was targeted by perhaps someone who was at the Atmosphere that night. Or, because she has such a unique look and would very easily stand out... the perp could've left at around 2 and recognized her riding her bike and targeted her then. Maybe surveillance from the Atmosphere has been viewed, and someone's behavior was odd, or someone paid by cc around the right time and it turns out they own a wt similar to the voi, etc... There are many ways she could've been targeted other than the obvious stalking that 1st comes to mind....
I don't think the torso has been in the water for very long considering they mentioned the stab wound... This would lead me to believe it was in very early decomp.??? Very, very sad and sicko people out there!!!!

6bgq0.jpg

Case closed

I suppose it's possible for lens flare to have taken a bite out of the 25-mph sign...... the pictures in this case are so maddening. And there's no reason for that black car to be parked there in that area at 2am, either.

So now..... just to tweak the idea a bit....what if it's lens flare AND a group of people is standing there, too? Or what if it was Photoshopped to specifically flare that spot. Were there a group there, maybe LE doesn't want to disclose that, so as not to let them know they were caught on camera.
'

Ah excuse me for asking, but can someone tell me the details abt the two POI's? I haven't been on for 2 days! Seem's like something always happens when I'm too busy to check!!

I thought I noticed that... wouldn't that be the person/ vehicle we would need for info??

Difficult to ID, in my opinion, from this photo. I thought that it looked a bit like a newer VW beetle, but the profile may be too flat. Definitely looks foreign to me.

I said the same thing a few days ago. It looks to me like she has stopped. I see her leg at an angle to the bike tire. Instead of pointing, however, to me it appears her elbow is bent and her hand is up by her face. At first I thought she was on her phone, but it's also possible she stopped to talk to someone (if there are people there) and she could be brushing the hair out of her face. IMO

When I first saw the image of Mickey, I thought she looked like she was stopped too. Are you looking at a cropped or zoomed in image?
Because if you look at the image the way the camera took it, from far away, you can see she's still riding and was in motion.
The original image can be seen on the Mickey timeline thread if you're interested.

adding ~ I'm referring to the image taken on St. Landry Street. Sorry, if you're referring to the first image as I haven't looked too closely at that one.

Difficult to ID, in my opinion, from this photo. I thought that it looked a bit like a newer VW beetle, but the profile may be too flat. Definitely looks foreign to me.

I was thinking Volvo or Saab.

I suppose it's possible for lens flare to have taken a bite out of the 25-mph sign...... the pictures in this case are so maddening. And there's no reason for that black car to be parked there in that area at 2am, either.

So now..... just to tweak the idea a bit....what if it's lens flare AND a group of people is standing there, too? Or what if it was Photoshopped to specifically flare that spot. Were there a group there, maybe LE doesn't want to disclose that, so as not to let them know they were caught on camera.
'

The light from above is shining down away from the sign onto the ground and has soft edges around it. However, it won't change.. it is what it is, and we will never know for sure. IMO... I personally have a hard time with the unknown :)

Ah excuse me for asking, but can someone tell me the details abt the two POI's? I haven't been on for 2 days! Seem's like something always happens when I'm too busy to check!!

The PI hired by the Shunick's says he has descriptions of 2 POI's given independently by 2 different sources that he believes to be credible, he is giving the info to LE, he's not as concerned about the white truck as LE, and he believes she was possibly "under surveillance" as in someone watching as she often used that route.

Ok, So does anyone else think it eerie that CS just posted she was wrong, they are not searching in the boats tomorrow? And the posts from earlier stating they were going to have been deleted?

I have not heard any physical descriptions of anyone as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1