LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mickey was at the same bar the evening before with her sister. How did they get to and from the bar? Who was at the bar with them?

I think that evening at the bar with her sis should be looked into closely. I think that two cute blonde sisters can easily piss off people without meaning to. I know how my cousin and I used to be when we were out partying together at that age. You have inside jokes, and giggle, sometimes at other people's expenses. Maybe, some guy buys them a round of drinks and then gets rudely dissed by them, and feels rejected maybe? Girls can be really *****y at times, without even meaning to.
Then maybe the next night he happens to see Mickey all by her lonesome, riding on a deserted street at 2 am. Maybe he impulsively sought some revenge.

I think Mickey was at the same bar the evening before with her sister. How did they get to and from the bar? Who was at the bar with them?

Do we know that? If her sister was in BR the night Mickey vanished, I was under the impression she was on her way home from Dallas, stopped overnight in BR and then would come to Lafayette in the AM, but maybe not...

I would hope LE got all the videos from places Mickey was known or thought to have been in the last 24 hours or so, as it is likely too late now.

I am thinking that Whiskey Bay is their only clue.

http://www.katc.com/news/update-rape...fayette-hotel/

Two women raped in Broussard today were picked up at a Lafayette motel on Cameron Street. They were picked up by two men - the rape suspect, 26-year-old Terrance Lee, of Broussard, and another man. Lee was a passenger in the unidentified man's white extended cab truck, and the driver dropped off the women and Lee at abandoned house in Broussard, Police Chief Brannon Decou said. The house is located at 207 Gustave St., and around 11:49 this morning the women ran out, with their mouths duct taped and they were wearing only shirts. "The victims claimed that they were each raped at knife point after being duct tapped on the face by Terrance," Decou said.

Both women are 39-years-old and were treated at a local hospital. Chief Decou said Lee confessed to having sex with both women. Lee is in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center charged with 2 counts of Aggravated Rape. Broussard police are still looking for the driver of the truck, and Decou said whether the man will be charged with a crime is undetermined.

That is a quote from the previous thread. The site wouldn't let me quote it because that thread was closed. If you check the article, that wasn't today...that was December ...last year. I'm glad some of you have "The sight" because of Red Eye gravy,... but if you don't mind.. could we leave the Twilight Zone and get back to maybe facts or ideas that could help find Mickey?
Hmmm... the unidentified man could have
escalated due to the fact that Lee was ID'd
by the women!

Sorry for the OT!
For me personally... I needed it...
sorry if I offended you! :hug:

Do we know that? If her sister was in BR the night Mickey vanished, I was under the impression she was on her way home from Dallas, stopped overnight in BR and then would come to Lafayette in the AM, but maybe not...

I would hope LE got all the videos from places Mickey was known or thought to have been in the last 24 hours or so, as it is likely too late now.

I am thinking that Whiskey Bay is their only clue.

If you check a map... Lafayette is before Baton Rouge on I-10. Charley was in Lafayette Thursday night and they (Mickey and Chalrey) went out- that's why Mickey was hungover. Friday, Charley went to Baton Rouge with friends and went out. Mickey went to Artmosphere with Brad and other friends. Charley came home Sunday, because of their brother's graduation, which Mickey missed because she was taken.

http://www.katc.com/news/update-rape...fayette-hotel/

Two women raped in Broussard today were picked up at a Lafayette motel on Cameron Street. They were picked up by two men - the rape suspect, 26-year-old Terrance Lee, of Broussard, and another man. Lee was a passenger in the unidentified man's white extended cab truck, and the driver dropped off the women and Lee at abandoned house in Broussard, Police Chief Brannon Decou said. The house is located at 207 Gustave St., and around 11:49 this morning the women ran out, with their mouths duct taped and they were wearing only shirts. "The victims claimed that they were each raped at knife point after being duct tapped on the face by Terrance," Decou said.

Both women are 39-years-old and were treated at a local hospital. Chief Decou said Lee confessed to having sex with both women. Lee is in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center charged with 2 counts of Aggravated Rape. Broussard police are still looking for the driver of the truck, and Decou said whether the man will be charged with a crime is undetermined.

That is a quote from the previous thread. The site wouldn't let me quote it because that thread was closed. If you check the article, that wasn't today...that was December ...last year. I'm glad some of you have "The sight" because of Red Eye gravy,... but if you don't mind.. could we leave the Twilight Zone and get back to maybe facts or ideas that could help find Mickey?

I have to wonder what the women thought they were going into an abandoned house for...not saying it was sex, but quite possibly drugs. What other reason is there to go to a place like that? Especially if they did not know the men?

While it does not sound connected to Mickie on the face of it, people who are out driving around after 2am might include men like this...even with a bike, it would not have been difficult for Mickie to be taken, especially by more than one person, very quickly and without leaving clues.

I am stuck between thinking this is the lone, random pervert or a group of two or more people. In either case, my belief is that Mickie was a random victim (which in a way is scarier, as less reason for the perps to keep her alive, IMO.)

Another problem is we're not supposed to copy and paste the whole article like the OP did. We have a 10% rule. Your right, the article is dated Dec 23, 2011.

http://www.katc.com/news/update-rape-victims-picked-up-at-lafayette-hotel/

If you check a map... Lafayette is before Baton Rouge on I-10. Charley was in Lafayette Thursday night and they (Mickey and Chalrey) went out- that's why Mickey was hungover. Friday, Charley went to Baton Rouge with friends and went out. Mickey went to Artmosphere with Brad and other friends. Charley came home Sunday, because of their brother's graduation, which Mickey missed because she was taken.
We are on, what, thread #31?? And still no closer. Almost every theory conceivable that can be posted w/in the rules & confines of this WS has been hashed, re-hashed, shredded to bits, highlighted, trashed, praised.

Ginger, as well as the other posters, including myself, are getting mental lagoons from this. No info, no statements from LE, what, indeed, can we sleuth with?

We're just trying to inject a little humor into this. Some of us need it. Some of us have been at this for a while & need levity. Maybe you don't. If you become a mod maybe you can set us goofs on the right track?! 'till then, maybe you could be a sweetheart & not jump on ginger, who has nothing to apologize for. Jump on me, I'm older & meaner & have a bigger back & a bigger mouth.
And sweetie, I'm sure ginger doesn't need me to defend her, but I'm pretty sure she can read a map. And secondly, are you from Louisiana? It's 'red gravy,' not 'red eye,' that's something you do with ham & coffee.

"Police said they believe the bike was dumped in that area the same morning Shunick disappeared."

Have always wondered why they believe this. Could the time 'inside Lafayette' and the above statement mean perhaps there was some pinging going on?

"Police said they believe the bike was dumped in that area the same morning Shunick disappeared."

Have always wondered why they believe this. Could the time 'inside Lafayette' and the above statement mean perhaps there was some pinging going on?

I figured it was the condition of the bike and/or the water level. They said it was mostly submerged, so it probably had signs of water stains, etc...

I hate typing:) but I want to ask if BW took a poly? Sorry to be so direct, I know the family stands behind him 110% but it is the normal course. On Bayou Becky video 2, she says something like BW suggested she turn left on St mary down to campus. Other info says that M traveled down St Landrys on many occassions enough to establish a rapport with a security guard past St Mary's at old hospital, which means she was comfortable with this desolate area at unsafe hours.

if M and BW were soon to be room mates in NO, should we assume that this has happened before and the safest route home should have been discussed previous to this eve?

if for some reason this evening seemed especially different, enough to discuss route home, mace check, no call me when you there etc.... why didnt she just spend the night, or him drive her home,? They were already moving in together? she could have picked up the bike in the am? It makes me crazy that she didnt even wear a helmet exposing her vulnerability in so many ways....

So if she wasnt seen on the St Marys camera on funeral home side:
1 She was abducted before camera. and it doesnt seem as there would be that many people to investigate, just not much there. two blocks if that.

If she did decide to change her normal route home and listen to BW rec route, maybe she darted across the street in a zig or zag direction not captured on tape and took the rec route that BW offered up. I couldnt find it but maybe he meant around the campus, no wasteland areas.

I agree with maybe someone under the influence that maybe also be on probation could try to hide a body. No helmet, dire consequences

I figured it was the condition of the bike and/or the water level. They said it was mostly submerged, so it probably had signs of water stains, etc...

Am sure you are probably right, but combing through the few pieces of info we have from LE, this is what sticks out to me. Am praying that perhaps this is something they are holding close to their vest and with a purpose I could understand. The time frame inside Mickey's last ID and then this. It's a long shot but heck, I'll take a miracle or 10.

Am sure you are probably right, but combing through the few pieces of info we have from LE, this is what sticks out to me. Am praying that perhaps this is something they are holding close to their vest and with a purpose I could understand. The time frame inside Mickey's last ID and then this. It's a long shot but heck, I'll take a miracle or 10.

If they had pings, wouldn't they have searched there, instead of having the bike turn up via some fishermen?

I have to wonder what the women thought they were going into an abandoned house for...not saying it was sex, but quite possibly drugs. What other reason is there to go to a place like that? Especially if they did not know the men?

While it does not sound connected to Mickie on the face of it, people who are out driving around after 2am might include men like this...even with a bike, it would not have been difficult for Mickie to be taken, especially by more than one person, very quickly and without leaving clues.

I am stuck between thinking this is the lone, random pervert or a group of two or more people. In either case, my belief is that Mickie was a random victim (which in a way is scarier, as less reason for the perps to keep her alive, IMO.)

Four corners...the corner of Cameron St. and University is notorious for prostitution and drug activity. I'll post pictures tomorrow. The only hotel on that corner is the sort that charges by the hour. It's not a place that is frequented by tourists... college students.. or anyone not interested in a fix stronger than pot or adult activities that aren't free.

It's maybe 4 or 5 blocks from where Mickey was taken. I've kinda wondered if someone weren't cruising that area, went too far went to turn around and saw Mickey vulnerable.

I was wondering if the fishermen may have seen the bicycle in the water on the Saturday (19th) the day Mickey went missing and when they perhaps came back to fish a week later noticed the missing signs posted at Whiskey Bay and put 2 + 2 together. People from outside Lafayette who don’t listen to the evening news or the radio may not have known she was even missing that first week unless they noticed a poster or someone told them about the disappearance.

LE seemed confident that the bike was dumped the morning Mickey went missing, so they must have specific evidence or a detailed account from a witness that it had been there for a week.

We are on, what, thread #31?? And still no closer. Almost every theory conceivable that can be posted w/in the rules & confines of this WS has been hashed, re-hashed, shredded to bits, highlighted, trashed, praised.

Ginger, as well as the other posters, including myself, are getting mental lagoons from this. No info, no statements from LE, what, indeed, can we sleuth with?

We're just trying to inject a little humor into this. Some of us need it. Some of us have been at this for a while & need levity. Maybe you don't. If you become a mod maybe you can set us goofs on the right track?! 'till then, maybe you could be a sweetheart & not jump on ginger, who has nothing to apologize for. Jump on me, I'm older & meaner & have a bigger back & a bigger mouth.
And sweetie, I'm sure ginger doesn't need me to defend her, but I'm pretty sure she can read a map. And secondly, are you from Louisiana? It's 'red gravy,' not 'red eye,' that's something you do with ham & coffee.

"Sweetie" I am from Louisiana, we don't eat that down here. That's Yankee stuff from above I-10. Down here we eat Coush-coush. I understand the need for humor, that's why I've been watching Chris Rock and Sam Kinison on YouTube. Mickey's mom is on this forum and I doubt she sees the humor. Maybe you could be a "Sweetheart" and take the humor to a forum that is meant for it. This isn't the place.

I hate typing:) but I want to ask if BW took a poly? Sorry to be so direct, I know the family stands behind him 110% but it is the normal course. On Bayou Becky video 2, she says something like BW suggested she turn left on St mary down to campus. Other info says that M traveled down St Landrys on many occassions enough to establish a rapport with a security guard past St Mary's at old hospital, which means she was comfortable with this desolate area at unsafe hours.

if M and BW were soon to be room mates in NO, should we assume that this has happened before and the safest route home should have been discussed previous to this eve?

if for some reason this evening seemed especially different, enough to discuss route home, mace check, no call me when you there etc.... why didnt she just spend the night, or him drive her home,? They were already moving in together? she could have picked up the bike in the am? It makes me crazy that she didnt even wear a helmet exposing her vulnerability in so many ways....

1 She was abducted before camera. and it doesnt seem as there would be that many people to investigate, just not much there. two blocks if that.

If she did decide to change her normal route home and listen to BW rec route, maybe she darted across the street in a zig or zag direction not captured on tape and took the rec route that BW offered up. I couldnt find it but maybe he meant around the campus, no wasteland areas.

I agree with maybe someone under the influence that maybe also be on probation could try to hide a body. No helmet, dire consequences

he did take a polygragh

Don't used it there. Never did. Although my hubby's people told him not to eat my red gravy for a year. Then he could be sure I hadn't worked any mojo.

ahh, the nefarious mojo.. ;) I always use it, sometimes I do even when I dont want to, that's when it's not a gift. :(

I wish I would have been in Artmosphere that night. I would have told MS to stay the night at BW's.

It's never been reported that Brettly suggested she take any particular route. Brettly has just said what route he thought she probably took. That route was Parkside to St Mary's to St Landry, then up Coliseum to the bike path and then to Congress. We know that she didn't take exactly the route Brettly guessed she did, because she didn't go down Parkside. Instead she took Versailles to St John, probably simply because those streets are more well lit then Parkside.

As a longtime night bike rider and bike commuter myself...you want to ride. It's what you do. Especially if you are feeling a little crappy like Mickey was, nothing better than a good ride home and go to bed (although I don't rule out the possibility that she stopped at the house/apartment of a friend on the way home, for whatever reason).

And everybody should wear a helmet, always, every single time you get on your bike, day or night. But when I was young I was guilty of riding without one.

If they had pings, wouldn't they have searched there, instead of having the bike turn up via some fishermen?

Excellent point but thought they had searched WB area. Could have been volunteers and not LE though. And one thing I have learned about cell towers, I will never know all I need to know about cell towers and what causes random pinging from different towers. (thinking back to Kyron)

But as always your points are well taken. Thank you.

I was wondering if the fishermen may have seen the bicycle in the water on the Saturday (19th) the day Mickey went missing and when they perhaps came back to fish a week later noticed the missing signs posted at Whiskey Bay and put 2 + 2 together. People from outside Lafayette who don’t listen to the evening news or the radio may not have known she was even missing that first week unless they noticed a poster or someone told them about the disappearance.

LE seemed confident that the bike was dumped the morning Mickey went missing, so they must have specific evidence or a detailed account from a witness that it had been there for a week.

Since it was at least partially submerged, I wonder if it had been fully submerged at one point and the water levels had gone down so it was now visible.

Seems as if someone had seen it as early as that Saturday, it would not have taken 9 days to be reported-at least during that first week, the news about Mickie and her bike was everywhere locally.

I don't think LE has definite proof of when it was left there, since they have not asked for the public's help re: any vehicles seen pulling over during a specific time frame...just guessing, but I think they are giving their best guess as well.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member