LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is true, all I can say is wow. He buried her in a cemetary, one of the last places police would think to look.

If she was in a cemetery, had no one gone there for almost three months?

MOO....The leak came out that they found MS before LE could notify the family...I believe they started to give misleading reports or media monitoring police scanner so innocent jumped on any type of call and started to report it

This is Louisiana. There are a ton of old cemeteries everywhere. Seriously, some are just out in the woods without gates or anything. Even private cemeteries are often owned by, say, an elderly man or some land manager that never even goes out to see the cemetery, some are held in the family for years and years and haven't had a new addition for 20-30, 50, even a hundred years.

It would be very easy to place a body in a cemetery and expect nobody would go there.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/source-shunick-s-body-found-in-evangeline-parish

Another report, confused.

Edit: Was posted as I was typing too, sorry BayouBelle

Strange -article says searching near hwy10& 13 but that is not Evangeline parish. I wonder if they meant Hwy 190& 13, if so then I need to give more credit tows having a sixth sense 'cause Sunday afternoon I traveled hwy 13 from Eunice to Mamou, a route I don't take very often, and shortly after leaving Eunice I went around a curve with a bunch of trees on both sides and then there were fields and had a strange sense of Mickey being out there. I really didn't think much of it as I often times think of
Mickey as I drive and see the million places she could be.

There are a lot of cematarys near Ft.Polk

ok..I had to edit..i can't link...: )

I am thinking MSM released info too soon and are trying to cover their backsides? If BSL directed LE to the site there should be no doubt it would be her. The only way I can see a confirmation of someone being deceased being identified.

Strange -article says searching near hwy10& 13 but that is not Evangeline parish. I wonder if they meant Hwy 190& 13, if so then I need to give more credit tows having a sixth sense 'cause Sunday afternoon I traveled hwy 13 from Eunice to Mamou, a route I don't take very often, and shortly after leaving Eunice I went around a curve with a bunch of trees on both sides and then there were fields and had a strange sense of Mickey being out there. I really didn't think much of it as I often times think of
Mickey as I drive and see the million places she could be.

HWY 10 and 13 has a junction in Ville Platte, which is Evangeline parish. (near a town called Reddell if you want to google maps it.)

http://goo.gl/maps/WsgsK

Private cemetery, tho. Back in the day, you could bury family members in your backyard. No more. Possibly this cemetery was on private land with no frequent visitors.

Newest post from KATC's FB:

The following is all of the information KATC has so far gathered in Mickey Shunick developments. This is what we know to be fact:
The Lafayette Police Department is currently conducting a search of property outside of Lafayette Parish in connection with the Mickey Shunick investigation. The location and findings at that site are not being released at this time, according to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton. More information will be forthcoming, he said. Law enforcement sources elsewhere tell KATC a body was found in a private cemetery on LA 10 heading toward Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

Sources close to Mickey Shunick's family say they have not been notified by authorities of any new developments in the case today. Rumors are running rampant that Mickey's body has been found in Evangeline Parish. Family says they're also hearing rumors. Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office spokesperson Capt. Shawn Eckhart says a man's body has been found in Evangeline Parish, and he died of natural causes. He said he can't confirm a woman's body, much less Mickey Shunick, has been found.

KLFY just scrolled the story..MS body found in Evangeline Parish

A man's body was found in Evangeline Parish.

A search is underway in Lafayette Parish for Mickey Shunick's body.

I think some of us are connecting two separate incidents here. JMO

OUTSide Lafayette parish. That's why people are connecting it. Cajunet has been spot on so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther