LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The back tire is damaged. The perp runs up on her and knocks her off. He gets out and is all "I'm sorry" and seems real nice. He says "I'll bring you anywhere you need to go, let's load up your bicycle." She agrees, and that's that. That's why nobody heard anything, there was no struggle, no mace. She went willingly.

That is not exactly the picture I've got visualized. This is due to many indicators; abduction of the victim, 2 am time of abduction on a virtual deserted street, dumping the bicycle 30 miles away, rermoving the handle bar grips, cleaning the crime scene, 10 days missing, etc.

IMO, Mickey's abduction was not to cover up an accident, but was by an experienced predator cruising the area for an opportunist victim.

True. But if it were a student....just my opinion, and thinking about it as I type it...someone said earlier that maybe she was hit by someone she sort of knew? Well, when I was in UL (about 5 years ago) criminal justice classes were in the same building as anthropology classes (and the most popular minors for the crim. jus. students I knew were sociology and anthropolgy) so perhaps she knew whoever did this from school. Just speculation and wondering, but something to think about.

That was me who posted that. Can't you see this scenario? "Hey Mickey....(bump) Oh crap, sorry, just trying to say Hi. Oh man, let me drive you home." It could totally be an acquaintannce that has had his eye on her for awhile!

True...but I think it is a little late for anyone to come forward and try to say it was an accident...I mean he took her, took the bike, dropped the bike, etc...he is now a kidnapper, at least, if not a murderer, and whether or not he planned it. JMO

Right. I think the "perp" label is appropriate at this point, regardless. It's been 11 days. 11 days to think, "I should do the right thing, they are looking for this girl. I should send an anonymous letter telling where the body is." 11 days and that hasn't happened. So, "perp" label fits, IMO.

i thought LE said the truck pictured by the cemetery was a different vehicle? i could be wrong, its very hard to follow with all the white trucks...

LE stated during the presser that one was a z71 and one was a 2500. Two different trucks.

PLEASE RESUME OUR DISCUSSION OF THE MICKEY SHUNICK CASE AT THE LINK BELOW:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7981274#post7981274"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #10[/ame]

Uhhh....so all prostitutes in Lafayette "peddle"? :what:

No, but seeing a young petite girl on her bike all by herself at 2am would most likely interest any perps or those looking for prostitutes out on the street.

Anyone with a spare bike want to go up to the top of a tall building and drop it.....for science?

That was me who posted that. Can't you see this scenario? "Hey Mickey....(bump) Oh crap, sorry, just trying to say Hi. Oh man, let me drive you home." It could totally be an acquaintannce that has had his eye on her for awhile!

Totally! I've thought it was someone she knew (even if not well) from the start. I hope they catch a break in the case soon...with them calling off volunteer searches and only searching Whiskey Bay for a very short period of time, I believe they're on their way to naming a suspect soon and have a general idea of who they're looking for (perhaps just more evidence to establish enough of a case to arrest and hold that person).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA