LA - Mickey Shunick Search *Brainstorming Thread* MAPS

http://goo.gl/maps/nHg2O

I would LOVE to see this area searched. Wood group on Ambassador was where he was employed for the past 3 years. I wonder how many times he reported to that office? I wonder how well he knew those little side roads that run in front of the vermillion river..... and I wonder if he knew about the little dead end on court ave where some trees and shrubs take you right to the river? That place creeps me out BIGtime. I wish someone would take those volunteer dogs down there. My daughter and I caught a horrendous smell back in that area several weeks ago.....and just a week before the horrible smell, a car was parked on the side of the road back there and i wondered (knowing mickey is missing and everyone is on high alert anyway) why that car would be parked there in front of a no tresspassing sign and noone is in sight???? So we waited and a man came out of the woods that lead to the river. he saw us and went back into the woods. he came out again in about 10 minutes from a different area of the woods, walked along the brush with his head down and smashed against bushes to come along the passenger side of his car, walk around the back of it and enter on the drivers side with his back to us the entire time. We found it to be odd and creepy and we havent stopped thinking about it since. Just putting that little story out there. :maddening:

I agree, back the truck up here and you pretty much are hidden from anyone seeing you. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...d=t91C4UYQE_LeA2Ozc2Ax1g&cbp=12,184.37,,0,2.8

Did you take down make, model, and license plate? Did you tell LE that little story?

I did get the license plate number and car color (I'm not good with makes and models). I called the tipline, they called back 2 or 3 days later and said they would check it out. About a week later, we rode down there again to see if anything looked like it had been moved around or searched and it didn't appear as though anyone had been there. There is currently a huge blue dumpster down there, garbage and some land excavating equipment stored in that circular drive area. It was when we were heading away from the dumpster area that we got the distinct smell of "something" dead. Bad! I went home and called 911 and told them about the smell and about 45 minutes later an officer called me and told me he was standing right next to the dumpster (not where we caught that awful smell) and the only thing he felt he was smelling was sewage and maybe someone had broken a sewage line back there. What we smelled was not sewage and I told the officer that the smell was across from the dumpster area, a little up the road, before those apts. and without going up there, he said again that he thought we were smelling sewage (note* there is a sewage filtration plant right on the other side of the Ambassador Caffery bridge). I cannot shake the horrible feeling that bothers me still about what we saw and smelled. If they ran the license plate, maybe they found no connection to BSL, but this occurred well before his arrest, 1 week and 2 weeks after MS went missing. When I saw that Wood Group was listed as his current employment, weeks later, well..... you can see where my head is regarding this at least, right? :moo:
:banghead:

LearntoBeStill ..... posted/I snipped for space. .... " I cannot shake the horrible feeling that bothers me still about what we saw and smelled. If they ran the license plate, maybe they found no connection to BSL, but this occurred well before his arrest, 1 week and 2 weeks after MS went missing. When I saw that Wood Group was listed as his current employment, weeks later, well..... you can see where my head is regarding this at least, right?" ...

LearntoBeStill, your post and experience got my attention and when I looked at the walkie man photo..... looks like the place (back into the trees) may be covered with poison ivy. I am glad you contacted LE and think it would be good if some of the searchers to check the area you have described. LE discounting your judgement of the smell by referring to it being sewage could be just the kind of shortcut that misses finding evidence. You are right that it could be nothing connected to MS.... but at the same time it could be important.

Was there anything in particular that lead you to this place/location at the time?

Speaking of 190 - apparently he owns land on 190. If we can find out where that is it needs to be searched. Here is a quote from a news article and the source link:

"In July 2010, Lavergne bought a piece of property in Bayou Ridge Subdivision, off U.S. 190 in rural St. Landry Parish. The purchase included a mobile home that sits on the corner of Leslie Road and Elaine Lane, according to the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court’s office"

http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120707001

EDIT: I took this to mean he bought some OTHER land off of 190 that included the purchase of the mobile home, as there are quotes from other sources that the land he is currently on had a house there until last year and he lived in that house. Obviously I could be wrong, but this needs to at least be looked into to see if he owns any other property.
I will begin this by saying I'm a Luddite & have no ability to find previous posts or threads. Someone, at some point, unless I have a contaminated memory, mentioned that BSL camped. Is there any info that he could have camped in Sherburne?? Is it possible, I don't know how to do this, for one of you young people to google the area, how close I don't know, to find any paths, trails? Foxfire?? You're good at that, don't know if your on this sub-thread??
190 to 975 to terminus at Whiskey Bay?? Poison ivy?? Someone mentioned about mace poss giving rash..but wouldn't med staff know the diff??

I am not from the area so I am of little use...

Brainstorm but remember... He was an RSO
who had been stabbed. Driving to a hospital out of town
in a truck that is a crime scene
(possibly) where you murdered a girl last night.
A truck that you will burn to get rid of evidence.

If your plates are run for any reason LE will know
that you aren't just someguy that got mugged...

No how will you get to NOLA in the most inconspicuous way? :dunno:
River roads..they will take you all the way to ochsner...smart girl, Dawlin

I did get the license plate number and car color (I'm not good with makes and models). I called the tipline, they called back 2 or 3 days later and said they would check it out. About a week later, we rode down there again to see if anything looked like it had been moved around or searched and it didn't appear as though anyone had been there. There is currently a huge blue dumpster down there, garbage and some land excavating equipment stored in that circular drive area. It was when we were heading away from the dumpster area that we got the distinct smell of "something" dead. Bad! I went home and called 911 and told them about the smell and about 45 minutes later an officer called me and told me he was standing right next to the dumpster (not where we caught that awful smell) and the only thing he felt he was smelling was sewage and maybe someone had broken a sewage line back there. What we smelled was not sewage and I told the officer that the smell was across from the dumpster area, a little up the road, before those apts. and without going up there, he said again that he thought we were smelling sewage (note* there is a sewage filtration plant right on the other side of the Ambassador Caffery bridge). I cannot shake the horrible feeling that bothers me still about what we saw and smelled. If they ran the license plate, maybe they found no connection to BSL, but this occurred well before his arrest, 1 week and 2 weeks after MS went missing. When I saw that Wood Group was listed as his current employment, weeks later, well..... you can see where my head is regarding this at least, right? :moo:
:banghead:

Wow very frustrating. I wonder if TES would be more helpful with this information?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

A while back, I posted about recommending a search of an area close to Brandon's property in Duson. I mentioned a burnt home, that was abandoned but still standing that was down a creepy road surrounding by no other homes, but only trees and overgrown weeds.

I didn't know the name of the street at the time, so I went looking for it this weekend and found it.
It is "Falterman Road"

Now, this street has absolutely NO houses.
When i said i thought there was a burnt home, there is not only one but appears to be 3 burnt homes, right next door to one another, and they are the homes on the entire road. There is vast amounts of trees, weeds, fields, and grasses.

The burnt homes and area definitely need to be searched in my opinion.
The road goes on a good ways with nothing around, and it's gravel.

When we went down there, there was a truck that stopped in front of our lane so we could pass beside them, then turned around and started in our direction.

Here's some pictures for other users to get a better look...

As you can see, just a road filled with trees and perfect "hiding areas"
1z312cj.jpg

14nd8jo.jpg

One of the burnt down homes. It appears to be in tact, but it's very burnt but still standing, very hard to see behind the trees unless you get out of the car.
It's next to 1 or 2 other burnt down homes.

2rc5p2w.jpg

A piece of the place right next to that home.

axzi8g.jpg

35kj1n7.jpg

ei49d0.jpg

1fwilz.jpg

How EASY it is to get from this road to BSL's Constantine Road property.

11j232p.jpg

OceanMettheSky, thank you for taking these photos and posting them; also for the map. Agree with you this is an area that needs a good searching. Seems like a very isolated area and quite curious with the burned houses. I recall you posting about it a few days back.

I wonder whether any locals on WS may know who owns the property or the back story on the burned houses. Hope they will post if so.

You're very welcome!
These pictures do not do justice of just how many trees and things there are in that area. It's a gravel road completely away from the rest of the world really haha.

Working on the other post/location now.

I agree BSL would use a place already "condemned " to place a body... assuming it will not be rechecked before being destroyed!!!! Thank You for these pictures! Awesome job!

Another location I brought up was "Hookmans Bridge"

It is a bridge/wooded forest down a gravel road.
If you travel into the forest, you will find tomb stones. It's a very old area.

And there are acres and acres, combined with water.
Very spooky place.

It's on "Ohlenforst Road" which is located in Rayne.

You drive about a half a mile down a gravel road (that is off another field surrounding road) and you'll go over a bridge that sits above water. All around are wooded areas and it is a popular "trash dumping" area judging by the trash by the water area. But the woods go very deep.

Side view/glimpse of the drop off from the bridge and the wooded area behind it
20qj0ck.jpg

all forests on both sides of the road.
2924kn7.jpg

dzgx2w.jpg

2zp31ua.jpg

This appears to be a trail. My guess is this area is LOADED with poison ivy. There are also horrible amounts of bugs. There are flies in that area that i haven't seen before, that resemble a bee, but they are a fly. And no, not a horse fly. So my guess is this area has insects that might tend to be in large amounts in this particular area.
262wls4.jpg

View of Hookermans bridge, but then it started to rain.
9896ix.jpg

i5ydfo.jpg

View of one side of the water underneath the bridge, and all of the ways you could get through the forest through this.
2mmzku0.jpg

Other side of the bridge.
2pyrjux.jpg

Getting to this area, from his land in Duson, which consists of basically only backroads, and very few, if any homes.

2cgbp5d.jpg

As some of you know, Brandons road does not show up on a map.
So this is the closeness/direction from this area to the major road that is home is right off of, Jessie B Road.

312veig.jpg

In response to the above post of Hooksmans Bridge,
depending on what road mickey was taken on, this is how easy it would be to get to this area, directly from Brettlys home (and the surroundings street of where she could've been taken). I'd say it's a pretty straight shot. Especially if you wanted "Privacy"

syxcsy.jpg

It's a very pretty area actually -- sad to be viewing it with the thoughts we have to have in mind.

Thanks OceanmettheSky for these photos & maps. You posted some terrific photos to show the area. The Hookmans Bridge area certainly needs to be searched - it's isolated and vast.
I got a chuckle of pic of dwt on the road -glad you captured that one for sure. :what:

Agree with you Backwoods, the area is natural and pretty and it is sad we are seeing it thru the lens of what is on our mind and heart.

Thank you so much for the pictures, OceanMetTheSky! :rocker:

I am quite intrigued by the mention of not one, not two but THREE burnt houses on this street. Quite a coincidence that our BSL seems to have a fire fetish. Would love to know who owns this property.

The only reason I can see one whole street being burnt out would be a major brush/forest fire in that area. Any locals recall a major brush/forest fire in the last few years?

Justythoughts, thats exactly why I got the DWT in the shot Haha. That truck was sitting there for a while until the man on the bridge got in and left, or so we thought. We thought he drove away, yet when I was on my bridge, I looked down the road and saw the back of his truck that he parked a few seconds from where he was at before, just sitting there. I'd imagine it's a good thinking spot, just very creepy

Thank you so much for the pictures, OceanMetTheSky! :rocker:

I am quite intrigued by the mention of not one, not two but THREE burnt houses on this street. Quite a coincidence that our BSL seems to have a fire fetish. Would love to know who owns this property.

The only reason I can see one whole street being burnt out would be a major brush/forest fire in that area. Any locals recall a major brush/forest fire in the last few years?

Bouncing off of your post Juno.....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...a=X&ei=mkshUOKOGYG88AS3yoGIBQ&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

I googled zoomed in for Falterman Rd Duson,LA and you can see the 3 houses side by side. Is this the area you are describing OceanmettheSky? Looks like a fire to one may have spread. JMO. Whatever happened there, the area would be a good one to be searched.

look just above the 3 light colored fields for the 3 houses and doom way close.

Ocean, great job in keeping us in the loop on areas. The thank button was not enough. How incredible of you to take time out to give us all points of reference to what you know.

The locals are amazing. Sincere thanks to all of you for your unselfish efforts in bringing Mickey home.

Thank you, Ocean, and thank you to all the locals for your incredible help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back