GUILTY LA - Nicole Veade Jefferson, 31, Mandeville, 29 April 2012

Nicole Veade Jefferson, 31, of Mandeville, passed away on April 29, 2012.

She was the beloved daughter of Connie Schilling and Gary Veade and loving and devoted mother of Samantha, Sarah, Calvin and Cailyn. She is also survived by sister Suzanne Veade and brother Christopher Veade.

She was born on April 29, 1981, in Metairie.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made out to benefits for the children of Nicole Jefferson.

A memorial Mass was held Monday, May 14, 2012, at Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Mandeville.

Arrangements by Bagnell & Son Funeral Home of Covington. To view and sign the family guest book, visit www.bagnellfuneralhome.com.

I did not find a guest book for Nicole at BFH. Maybe not up yet?

Jury selection begins in north shore murder trial

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/communities/st_tammany/article_e7a452a2-4a46-11e7-a702-ab4be1a35f66.html

Five years to the day after he was indicted in the death of his ex-wife, jury selection began Monday in the murder trial of Calvin Jefferson in Covington.

Jefferson faces one count of second-degree murder in the death of Transportation Security Administration agent Nicole Veade Jefferson, who disappeared on her birthday, April 29, 2012. Her decomposing body turned up a week later alongside Interstate 12.

With his sanity declared and more legal hurdles overcome, the case has finally made it to trial.

'Long, painful, torturous death': Prosecutors open St. Tammany murder trial

http://www.nola.com/northshore/index.ssf/2017/06/murder_trial_opens_in_covingto.html

Prosecutors opened the second-degree murder trial of Calvin Jefferson in St. Tammany Parish Wednesday (June 7) by painting Jefferson as a man with a violent streak who couldn't keep his stories straight while explaining the disappearance of his ex-wife in 2012.

Prosecutor John Alford told jurors they would see a pattern of domestic abuse that culminated in Nicole Veade Jefferson's murder and then hear how Calvin Jefferson changed his story several times.

"It was a long, painful tortuous death that lasted 12 years,'' Alford said.

North shore murder victim's head was severed, prosecution says in opening statement

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/communities/st_tammany/article_50edb072-4bbf-11e7-b533-3bd41eecb720.html

As the investigation was in its early stages, Jefferson told investigators that following her birthday party, he and Nicole had sex and went to bed. That was the last time he ever saw her, he said.

When security tapes and a receipt later showed that Jefferson was not sleeping but purchasing ammonia at a Walmart at 11:05 p.m., his story changed, Alford said.

He said Jefferson then claimed, “Oh, I don’t remember doing that.”

And upon his surrender later to authorities in Calcasieu Parish, Jefferson told yet another story, Alford said.

That story said drug dealers showed up at the Jeffersons’ house that night demanding that Calvin Jefferson sell some cocaine for them. At some point, Jefferson claimed, with the children in the home, the drug dealers murdered Nicole Jefferson, took her body away and then forced Calvin to clean the van in which they moved her body.

North shore murder victim's head was severed, prosecution says in opening statement

As the investigation was in its early stages, Jefferson told investigators that following her birthday party, he and Nicole had sex and went to bed. That was the last time he ever saw her, he said.

When security tapes and a receipt later showed that Jefferson was not sleeping but purchasing ammonia at a Walmart at 11:05 p.m., his story changed, Alford said.

He said Jefferson then claimed, “Oh, I don’t remember doing that.”

Rsbm

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/communities/st_tammany/article_50edb072-4bbf-11e7-b533-3bd41eecb720.html
(I am reminded of the fairly recent documentary I saw on OJ showing deposition from the civil trial (THIS is why the civil trial was especially significant; it REQUIRED OJ to appear under oath and have to answer questions), anyway, he was asked if he ever owned a pair of these special Italian shoes, he was like no way, then they showed him an old photo caught by journalists of him wearing those exact shoes...you should have seen the look on his face...that look, on his face, right then, sealed the deal for me after many years.)

(Eta: reading back on this post, odd coincidence, Nicole, plus the nature of the injury..., )

JusticeWillBeServed, thank you for all your posts and updates in various cases.

Defendant pleads guilty as St. Tammany murder trial enters fifth day

Three days after testimony began in his second-degree murder trial in Covington, Calvin Jefferson pleaded guilty Friday morning (June 9) in the murder of his ex-wife in 2012. Judge August Hand of the 22nd Judicial District sentenced him to life in prison.

Over the objections of the District Attorney's office, Hand allowed Calvin Jefferson to enter an an Alford plea. In an Alford plea a defendant maintains his innocence but agrees that the prosecution's evidence is enough to win a guilty verdict from the jury.

"The evidence was overwhelming," 22nd Judicial District Attorney Warren Montgomery said in a written statement. "I'm glad he pled to give some closure to the family and reduce their pain."

http://www.actionnews17.com/news/man-pleads-guilty-after-week-long-2nd-degree-murder-trial-2116540

Four family members of Nicole Jefferson and some of her T.S.A. colleagues testified before the sentencing about the impact of Nicole’s death on their lives. Nicole’s brother Chris Veade, and her niece, Elizabeth Veade, both wanted to know why.

“Don’t just give me a blank stare,” Elizabeth Veade said in one of many emotional moments in the trial and sentencing. “Why? Especially on her birthday.”

Kathy Kromer, who had worked with Nicole for T.S.A. in Dallas, said her friend had been a battered wife. Kromer said she saw Nicole with a black eye and bruises and that Nicole had once confided in her that she had been locked in her bedroom for three days.

“To me, you are the scum of the earth,” she told Calvin Jefferson. “Couldn’t you have just walked away?”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back