LA - Pedophile at my childs school!!!

"a longtime trusted school athletic volunteer. He used his affiliation with the school to lure young boys to weightlifting at the school and his house"

This Kansas pedo sounds just like JW Gacy...... super, civic-minded guy, giving time & talent for the community good.... & getting away with unthinkable, perverted acts in his home. Ulgh!

I am right there also on being so fed up with seeing these child molestors getting a "slap on the wrist" time and time again! And when one of these perverts ends up killing some poor innocent child why is it that there always seems to be "a background" in which they were caught molesting a child and got off with some ridiculously low sentence?

I honestly think it is time for people (judiciary) to wake up and realize that child molestation needs to be seen for the very, very serious crime that it is. There was a time when it was thought to be "okay" or "not so bad" for a man to beat his wife. That is no longer the case in our society.

Why are child molestors still getting probation, etc. when they should be LOCKED AWAY???? We lock plenty of drug dealers away, forgoodnesssake, and they are not sexually abusing our children!!!

I am right there also on being so fed up with seeing these child molestors getting a "slap on the wrist" time and time again! And when one of these perverts ends up killing some poor innocent child why is it that there always seems to be "a background" in which they were caught molesting a child and got off with some ridiculously low sentence?

I honestly think it is time for people (judiciary) to wake up and realize that child molestation needs to be seen for the very, very serious crime that it is. There was a time when it was thought to be "okay" or "not so bad" for a man to beat his wife. That is no longer the case in our society.

Why are child molestors still getting probation, etc. when they should be LOCKED AWAY???? We lock plenty of drug dealers away, forgoodnesssake, and they are not sexually abusing our children!!!

Because we don't value our children the way we do material things. :behindbar

Drugs lead to theft, assault, murder etc...all quantifiable. Sexual abuse of children leads to a shattered soul, but it can't be weighed and measured with a dollar sign.

Clearly I am a little frustrated by this story. If there is one thing I have learned completely, it is that pedophiles work where they can have access to children. So, scout leaders, religious leaders, school employees etc have to be viewed with incredible scepticism by us as adults and we have to arm our kids. That little girl was a hero to go home and tell her Mom what had happened to her at the hands of this guy-and her mom was a hero to not only believe her but to INSTANTLY report it.

Will it stop him from hurting someone else? Who knows, but now we need to help our representatives strengthen the laws around this behavior. Is sexual abuse of a child a federal offense? It should be. JMO.

Okay guys when I saw this on the news I was absolutely floored. I freaked out so bad I had a panic attack. This guy molested a child in my daughters grade!! I found out quickly after that he never was in my childs class thank god, not that I feel any better because another poor child is scarred. Now let me tell you too that they just put this on the news last night and I went up to the school and evidently it happened a few weeks back. My daughters teacher told me that its wayyyy worse then how they portrayed it on the news. Also there are pictures of him in my kids yearbook with the class of the victim. I am so sick to my stomach. Will kids ever be safe.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10324761&nav=menu66_2

:eek:

Thankfully, your daughter was never touched by him .. :blowkiss:

WHOA - that is a frightening mug shot.

10324761_BG2.jpg

No kidding!!! :eek:

Amanda, I apologize for coming off all commando, but I would march in there and DEMAND some answers. For God's sake this is your kid's school and they owe the parents an explanation!!!! Sorry, I take after all the strong and often obnoxiously nosey women in my family.

Can you form a group of other parents and force a school board meeting? You deserve some answers my friend.

-----------------------------------
ziggy I agree!!! I would have no rest in my a## until I knew all. The parents need to get after this school for sure. I dont know how it is in other systems but in ours the school doors are locked,ring a bell to get in ,show ID, and sign in. I am glad!! If this guy lied at all he should be put away.Sex offenders do not only prey on children,anyone is fair game. :furious:The parents should band together and have a parent in each school to "snoop" until this is resolved. I am an "old coot" myself but I will tell you sometimes I think the old ones are as bad as the young ones.( that is old men).

If that guy walked into a classroom, my hinky meter would have gone sky high. I'm sorry - I'm freaked by the looks of certain people (and they say never judge the looks by the cover) - NOT.

What was this guy doing in the classroom? Why was he alone with this little child. 4 years old means pre-school, not elementary.

Was this a private day care, public, ymca? Dam - so many questions. The article doesn't say much.

Not that it's going to help - but I hope the parents of this baby, sue big time for allowing a perp in. NO child should be left alone - EVER.

Best,

Melanie

Well you guys all ask great questions and I wish I could answer them but they are not offering up any info other than what was on the news. I would loveeeeeeeeeee to know why the hell they left him alone with children at nap time. All I can say is that teacher is really something. I dont like her and havent liked her the whole year. I cant blame her because I dont know what went on, but I know that my daughters class has both teachers at all times, and when one is out someone else fills in. It sickened me so bad that this could have been my kid.

Run, don't walk, out of that school. Don't take this like a walk in the park (I know that you're not) but if your hinky meter is already there (meaning you don't like the teacher in the other class), then your child should NOT be there - period. Yes, I am going to go all commando on you. This is a 4 year old child - and your child is in the same school. You could unknowingly be putting your child in extreme danger.

Sure this guy is arrested, but if he could get in -- who else? There are obviously lax security policies in place.

And, trust me, this is NOT his first victim. If he's been around awhile, there are other children who have fallen victim to this creep. Only this time, he got caught. 76 year olds don't wake up one day and say "hey, I'm going to molest a 4 year old today".

Please, please, please, take your child out of that school. NOt only will your child respect and know she is being put in a safer place, she won't go to school scared anymore.

I want to say I'm sorry - but I could never ever keep my child in a school where another child was molested due to stupid teachers.

ALSO - was a note sent home to all parents? I hope they all bail.

Prayers to you and your daughter.

Mel

Please keep us posted on the follow up from the school, AB23....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back