LA - Police officer's twins, 3, both dead in truck outside family home, Bossier City

Just some random thoughts about this story.....

My two-year-old grandson LOVES to sit in our truck. He will sit in the driver's seat forever making those vroom mmm sounds. He will touch every single button too.
As soon as we take him outside- he runs straight for the truck (or the side-by-side) He's almost tall enough to reach the door handle. I can pick him up and he can open the door by himself. We've seen him get his little ride toy and push it over to truck, stand on it, and pull on the handle. (Thankfully, he's not strong enough yet to pull it all the way open)

Toddlers are strange creatures.:gaah: Some people don't give them enough credit. They're smart. Sometimes too smart....which leads to trouble. I can't imagine having two at the same time.

Somebody mentioned way back wondering why mom didn't have those "child safety" things on the door handles. IDK, but my experience with those flimsy things is awful. My grandson can pop that thing off in no time. My husband super glued the seams together and he put some straping tape around it.....NOPE. It didn't last long. Finally, we just bought some barrel locks and put them up high. Even now, I'm scared they won't work because I see him watching us hard as we do the locks. He reminds me of the raptors in Jurassic Park. He's trying to figure out the weakness in our security system. LOL

A dirty house- what defines a dirty house? My idea of dirty may not be the same as some on here. My grandson can literally destroy my house within minutes. He's a walking Tasmanian devil. When I'm watching him my dishes pile up. Toys are scattered. Floors get covered in crumbs and juice. Dirty handprints cover my window panes and walls. Ohhh....and just try to pick up some toys. To him, that's like a new game. Unless somebody posts some pictures that show mom's house should be on "Hoarders"- I'm gonna assume her house looks like my house. After all, my grandson is just ONE kid. She has 3.

Mom napping- is it possible mom laid down with all kids and the two kids woke up and decided to play without waking mom up? It would also make sense if she puts them down for a nap in their bedroom and she lays down somewhere else. Maybe before they would always wake her up when they got up but this time they didn't.

This story is tragic. It makes my heart hurt.
I can't help feeling very sorry for mom.

Just some random thoughts about this story.....

My two-year-old grandson LOVES to sit in our truck. He will sit in the driver's seat forever making those vroom mmm sounds. He will touch every single button too.
As soon as we take him outside- he runs straight for the truck (or the side-by-side) He's almost tall enough to reach the door handle. I can pick him up and he can open the door by himself. We've seen him get his little ride toy and push it over to truck, stand on it, and pull on the handle. (Thankfully, he's not strong enough yet to pull it all the way open)

Toddlers are strange creatures.:gaah: Some people don't give them enough credit. They're smart. Sometimes too smart....which leads to trouble. I can't imagine having two at the same time.

Somebody mentioned way back wondering why mom didn't have those "child safety" things on the door handles. IDK, but my experience with those flimsy things is awful. My grandson can pop that thing off in no time. My husband super glued the seams together and he put some straping tape around it.....NOPE. It didn't last long. Finally, we just bought some barrel locks and put them up high. Even now, I'm scared they won't work because I see him watching us hard as we do the locks. He reminds me of the raptors in Jurassic Park. He's trying to figure out the weakness in our security system. LOL

A dirty house- what defines a dirty house? My idea of dirty may not be the same as some on here. My grandson can literally destroy my house within minutes. He's a walking Tasmanian devil. When I'm watching him my dishes pile up. Toys are scattered. Floors get covered in crumbs and juice. Dirty handprints cover my window panes and walls. Ohhh....and just try to pick up some toys. To him, that's like a new game. Unless somebody posts some pictures that show mom's house should be on "Hoarders"- I'm gonna assume her house looks like my house. After all, my grandson is just ONE kid. She has 3.

Mom napping- is it possible mom laid down with all kids and the two kids woke up and decided to play without waking mom up? It would also make sense if she puts them down for a nap in their bedroom and she lays down somewhere else. Maybe before they would always wake her up when they got up but this time they didn't.

This story is tragic. It makes my heart hurt.
I can't help feeling very sorry for mom.

She doesn't have 3 anymore. She has one left. And one of the twins got bit by a dog (described as near fatal injury), and had to spend time in the hospital, not long before ending up dead in a hot truck. It's up to DA whether to bring charges or not. But if DA decides to bring charges, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.

....My two-year-old grandson LOVES to sit in our truck....Toddlers ... smart. Sometimes too smart....which leads to trouble....
Somebody mentioned way back wondering why mom didn't have those "child safety" things on the door handles. IDK, but my experience with those flimsy ... My grandson can pop that thing off in no time.... Finally, we just bought some barrel locks and put them up high. Even now, I'm scared they won't work because I see him watching us hard as we do the locks....
Mom napping- is it possible mom laid down with all kids and the two kids woke up and decided to play without waking mom up?....

rollinginit Sounds like you are a very, very loving grandmother w a very, very smart toddler. A bit O/T for this case, but relevant for parents, g'parents, & ppl who need to be alerted to a toddler or household member leaving the house. {{ETA: or intruder coming in.}} Without expensive monitored burglar alarm system.

Does anyone have experience w those inexpensive door alarms that attach to door & door frame, then make a loud noise when door is opened?
Googling 'door alarms' located Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, et al) w price per door ranging from ~ $10 to 50 US. Ex:

"Help secure a door or window in your home with this 120dB alarm. Great way to deter intruders. Compact, magnetically triggered alarm sounds when window or door is opened.
  • Installs in seconds with included self adhesive pads sensor can be placed on left or right side of siren for added convenience
  • Includes entry chime setting alerts you when people/children are coming/going when you're at home
  • Easy to change from off/chime/alarm
  • Low battery test button, batteries included."

Reviewing tragedy of others w benefit of 20/20 hindsight may help us ensure our families' safety. Inexpensively w ^ alarms?

I cannot imagine the sorrow, grief, and regret of these parents. RIP little ones.

She doesn't have 3 anymore. She has one left. And one of the twins got bit by a dog (described as near fatal injury), and had to spend time in the hospital, not long before ending up dead in a hot truck. It's up to DA whether to bring charges or not. But if DA decides to bring charges, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.
SABBM

Waiting to see if there will be any new developments... If there are none, we'll all have to assume it was a sad accident.

If the toddlers were dead for 2 hours--that means they climbed (allegedly) into the truck before that.
Sorry if this is offensive to any capable and caring parents/grandparents/sitters out there --but who the eff takes a nap in the middle of the day for that long with two active children ?
Was mom tested for any substances at all ? I checked and didn't see it anywhere--- only that this is an ongoing investigation. Apparently some of us here at WS aren't the only ones with lingering questions.

If she was struggling with no help at all from any family or friends-- she should have called CPS and asked for them to be placed in short term respite care ; Oliver and Aria would've been relocated immediately with a loving family and most of all --they'd be alive and well.

It's just sad these little ones are gone , they didn't need to be ! This was entirely preventable.
:moo:

My DS is 9 and has autism. He tries to elope, often. I always catch him. Even still we have ADT. Chimes on every door and window. I know when anything opens. A loud shrill, beep beep beep, if the alarm is not on. But when it is on, and a door opens, it could wake the dead.
If you can't afford ADT, then you can buy the chimes and install them on your own, from any hardware store.
Before we had ADT and the chimes, we had those things you put on a doorknob that children can't turn. AND a hook and eye bolt up on top of the door, that no child could reach.
Sad sad situation

I am posting to try and get the relevant threads at the top of the list ahead of all the word games - I haven't read all the posts here, but my very small community experienced this years ago and it was one of the worst tragedies we had ever experienced. It destroyed the family. Dad was a high school teacher. Parents left little girl home with a 14 yr old babysitter who thought she was napping. Teen was on her cell the whole time. This child left signs of trying to escape the car - it was just horrific. The teen was a mess (child was her cousin). To this day I am tearing up. I pray for all those left behind.

I am posting to try and get the relevant threads at the top of the list ahead of all the word games - I haven't read all the posts here, but my very small community experienced this years ago and it was one of the worst tragedies we had ever experienced. It destroyed the family. Dad was a high school teacher. Parents left little girl home with a 14 yr old babysitter who thought she was napping. Teen was on her cell the whole time. This child left signs of trying to escape the car - it was just horrific. The teen was a mess (child was her cousin). To this day I am tearing up. I pray for all those left behind.
Im so sorry its sad so very sad. It will always impact lives when a child dies especially so young.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

"We'll have to decide if this is a case of gross negligence, improper supervision or a tragic accident," Marvin said. "There is no evidence of any specific intent to do anything to cause the deaths. The most it would be is negligent homicide."

"They still have more work to do," Marvin said of the police investigation. He expects to meet with detectives again within the next two weeks.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/32272676/investigation-into-twins-deaths-keys-on-parental-supervision

"We'll have to decide if this is a case of gross negligence, improper supervision or a tragic accident," Marvin said. "There is no evidence of any specific intent to do anything to cause the deaths. The most it would be is negligent homicide."

"They still have more work to do," Marvin said of the police investigation. He expects to meet with detectives again within the next two weeks.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/32272676/investigation-into-twins-deaths-keys-on-parental-supervision
Well i hope that whatever is the case outcome. I do really wish for the family to get some 'proper' help. So often Dads are left to do their own thing. But its dads that need the help so they dont bottle it up. And end up arguing with the mom. The 'blame' issue. Yes mom was napping. For why we dont know. She may of felt poorly. I had 2 boys with just nine months between them. They were (still are) hard work. I can imagine Twins are gonna run you ragged. Every one is quick to place the blame on the mom. Unless you were there at the time. No one can say for sure. And i bet shes devastated. As dad is. And last but not least is the eldest child. He's lost his brother n sister his life has been turned up side down. Theres a family here in need of love. Lets show them some ♡

no charges will be filed.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/32429658/bossier-da-no-charges-in-twins-heat-deaths

Benton, La. -Last month's deaths of Bossier City twins inside a hot truck was a "tragic accident" and not the result of gross negligence, the district attorney said Tuesday in announcing he does not plan on filing criminal charges against the mother.
At most, the parish's chief prosecutor said, it a case of improper supervision, a misdemeanor.

I hope that mom and dad can get the 'proper' help that they both need whether they stay as a family or take different turns. I think it was a difficult emotive case for everyone involved. And the D.A took the route he thought best to start the familys grieving and healing processes. My heart from across the pond here in UK goes out to you.. time is a great healer. Best healer of all is to talk. ♡

I've just come across this thread and started from the beginning. There is one thought I haven't seen mentioned.

One of the children had a near fatal injury just several weeks prior. Imagine the care and stress involved. I theorize that Mom hasn't fully recovered from the dog injury care and was suffering from exhaustion. She may have had to administer meds through the night - perhaps there was routine wound care. Until you've been in her shoes...

I'm a mom to kids aged 1, 2 & 5. And I do it all by myself over half of the month. 24/7. We are a one income family and babysitters for 3 kids aren't easy to come by - especially on a weekday. Nor cheap.
Yes, this tragedy was preventable. Yes, the mother was negligent.
Nothing can bring these babies back - and their mother will relive her mistakes for the rest of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back