LA - Unsolved deaths of 22 young men puzzle families, authorities, Houma, 2006

Police: Serial-killer suspect confesses to 23 murders
December 05. 2006 1:42PM

HOUMA -- A Bayou Blue man who spent 10 years patrolling the shadows has confessed to binding, raping and murdering 23 of the disconnected men he lured off the streets with promises of sex and money, police said Tuesday.

Motivated by a lust for rape, 42-year-old Ronald Joseph Dominique propositioned his victims to have sex with either him or a fictitious woman for money, convinced them to allow him to tie them up, raped them himself, suffocated them and dumped their bodies to hide his crimes, members of a task force investigating the deaths said at a Monday news conference in Houma.

"We have captured the person responsible for the deaths of 23 people," state Attorney General Charles Foti said. The alleged victims’ bodies have been found since 1997 in both Terrebonne and Lafourche and as far away as suburban New Orleans and rural Iberville Parish.

Dominique was arrested Friday and charged with two murders in Jefferson Parish in 1998 and 1999. Over the weekend, detectives say they conducted hours of interviews with the suspect, during which he allegedly confessed to each of the 23 killings -- including nine in Terrebonne Parish -- that the task force was investigating, authorities said......
http://www.houmatoday.com

I hope they can confirm what this weirdo is confessing to!

He reminds me of Gacy the way he killed these boys although looking at the photo montage of the victims they looked more like young men, some of them looked big built too. Quite incredible how he raped and managed to murder so many.

detecto said:
He reminds me of Gacy the way he killed these boys although looking at the photo montage of the victims they looked more like young men, some of them looked big built too. Quite incredible how he raped and managed to murder so many.
That is the same thing I was thinking. I'm not sure how long he's had a heart condition but to see him now barely able to walk...I just have a hard time believing that he could murder and move these guys by himself. I'm also hoping LE can get some kind of physical evidence to tie him to everything he is confessing to....

Steve Huff has been giving coverage to this case, you can access his various entries on the topic via this entry titled "An Arrest in Houma Serial Killer Case".

czechmate7 said:
That is the same thing I was thinking. I'm not sure how long he's had a heart condition but to see him now barely able to walk...I just have a hard time believing that he could murder and move these guys by himself. I'm also hoping LE can get some kind of physical evidence to tie him to everything he is confessing to....
This may sound gross so be advised. he perhaps caught them off guard when having intercourse with them maybe. he may have been giving anal sex to the victims and maybe just caught them off guard and killed them during sex or even afterwards when they were dressing.

2sisters said:
This may sound gross so be advised. he perhaps caught them off guard when having intercourse with them maybe. he may have been giving anal sex to the victims and maybe just caught them off guard and killed them during sex or even afterwards when they were dressing.
:laugh: LOL.....Your post come with *warning advisories*

I was thinking that maybe they were drugged or drunk...but how then would he be able to move them to dump their bodies?? It was determined that they were killed then moved to where they were found. The article stated that he tied them up as a "sexual" thing so that is probably how he was able to kill w/o the struggle...but moving them...that puzzles me.:waitasec:

Looks like he's had a change of heart.....

Serial-killer suspect tells judge he’s not guilty

HOUMA – The man who has allegedly confessed to raping and killing 23 south Louisiana men pleaded not guilty to nine of those murders in a Terrebonne courtroom this morning.

Ronald Dominique, 43, of Bayou Blue, was pushed into the courtroom in a wheelchair for his arraignment, during which he was read each of the first-degree-murder charges filed in Terrebonne Parish.

In a soft, slow voice, Dominique responded “not guilty” after each name was read: Kenneth Randolph, Michael Barnett, Leon Lirette, August Watkins, Kurt Cunningham, Alonzo Hogan, Chris Deville, Wayne Smith and Nicholas Pellegrin. For each charge, the clerk specified the approximate dates of the murder and that the killings were accompanied by a rape.
http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070116/BREAKING/70116015

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back