LA LA - Wesley Dale Morgan, 2, Clinton, 15 May 2001

It was 18 years ago on May 15 that Wesley Dale Morgan was reported missing by his mother in Clinton.

To this day, there have been no signs of Morgan. Though he was a toddler when he vanished, he would now be 19-years-old. In 2017, the FBI reopened the case, offering a $10,000 reward for information.

Anyone with information about Morgan’s whereabouts is asked to call the FBI or local law enforcement.

Authorities still searching for toddler who went missing in 2001

Reward:
The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the location of Wesley Dale Morgan.

Details:
Wesley Dale Morgan has been missing from his home in Clinton, Louisiana, since May 15, 2001. Morgan, who was a toddler at that time, was reportedly last seen playing on the front porch of his home at approximately 9:45 that Tuesday morning.

WESLEY DALE MORGAN | Federal Bureau of Investigation

@@screenshot.gif

WDMorgan_LARGE.jpg
WDMorgan3_LARGE.jpg
WDMorgan4_LARGE.jpg
WDMorgan5_LARGE.jpg

The images on the right are age-progressed to 9, 12, and 15 years.
4538DMLA - Wesley Dale Morgan
Name: Wesley Dale Morgan
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 15, 2001
Location Last Seen: Clinton, East Feliciana County, Louisiana

Physical Description
Date of Birth: March 14, 1999
Race: White
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 40 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond (dark blond to light brown)
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A gray Mickey Mouse t-shirt, blue shorts with a green stripe on the leg and sandals.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Morgan was last seen playing on the front porch of his home in Clinton, LA at approximately 9:45 a.m. on May 15, 2001. His parents were separated at the time. Morgan and his mother, Ruby Renee Harvard, were reportedly living with Harvard's boyfriend at the time. They resided along US Highway 63 near the Bluff Creek community. Wesley's non-custodial father also resided in Clinton, LA.

On the day that Morgan disappeared, his mother told police that she had briefly left him playing with puppies in the yard while she went to prepare lunch inside their home. When she returned minutes later, Morgan was gone. Extensive searches of the area produced no clues. Authorities utilized Louisiana National Guard's helicopter thermal imaging device to assist in the effort. The State's Governor declared a State of Emergency to finance the flight.

Ruby Harvard denied any involvement in her son's disappearance and there have not been any arrests in connection with Morgan's disappearance. Authorities believe that Morgan is alive and that Harvard gave him away or sold him. In 2008, Harvard was charged with attempting to sell another one of her children after she allegedly offered to sell her unborn child to a married couple for over $2,000.00.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: East Feliciana County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Don McKey
Agency Phone Number: (225) 683-5459
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: SO15157

Agency Name: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Agency Contact Person: Special Agent Rob King
Agency Phone Number: (225) 291-1446
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: M-741597387
NamUs Case Number: 4168
NCMEC Case Number: 912370

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
LSU
The Advocate
NBC News

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 5/4/20

So his Mom was caught trying to sell another child of hers... Hmm... I feel like Wesley's case will be resolved like Marx Barnes.

Thing that needs clearing up if this is the case, why would she report him missing if she sold him? I mean that would likely be difficult for the people who 'adopted' him. And how did they avoid detection?

(Just an observation about Wesley, he always reminded me of what Jason Segel might look like as a child)

why would she report him missing if she sold him? I mean that would likely be difficult for the people who 'adopted' him. And how did they avoid detection?

Quote RSBM.
Speculation on my part: no matter what, she had to report him missing, though, or it would be more suspicious. Perhaps she just didn't care if that made things difficult for the "adopters." Perhaps it happened days prior and they took him to another state or country. I hope they exist and were otherwise good people. I hope he's alive and well and will one day do a DNA kit and be found by LE that way.

Does anyone else see the resemblance between the age progression photo of Wesley Dale Morgan at 15 years old and Kyle Dale Jerry Morgan? Kyle was murdered at 15 years old and his case is still unsolved. It was featured on Still a Mystery on ID.

Bumping up for Wesley.

Does anyone else see the resemblance between the age progression photo of Wesley Dale Morgan at 15 years old and Kyle Dale Jerry Morgan? Kyle was murdered at 15 years old and his case is still unsolved. It was featured on Still a Mystery on ID.

I just read through Kyle's thread here on Websleuths. How tragic and horrible.

Wesley's mother gets angry because the police question her lifestyle... that she really was very bad, maybe a drug addict and wanting to live without problems, she sold it and she will never confess it... how can there be such bad people with their children? why do they get pregnant? she is a bad person and worse mother..
rest in peace wesley

Wesley's mother gets angry because the police question her lifestyle... that she really was very bad, maybe a drug addict and wanting to live without problems, she sold it and she will never confess it... how can there be such bad people with their children? why do they get pregnant? she is a bad person and worse mother..
rest in peace wesley
rbbm

The articles all indicate that the police believe he’s alive somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back