Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

ADMIN WARNING: RE PAYWALL SITES

Under copyright law, any members who are signing up for a paid subscription to ABro's @TrialLive or her Patreon account (or any other subscription service) are NOT legally allowed to bring any information they obtain through those accounts over to Websleuths.

Subscribing members may not pass the information to other members and have those third parties post the information here.

Information that you post at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

'Crying all the time,' jury hears of Laura Babcock's struggles with mental health at murder trial
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Posted: Nov 01, 2017

laura-babcock.jpg

A summary of Laura Babcock's mental health records, documents detailing multiple hospital stays and conversations she had with doctors and nurses, were read out loud as part of an agreed statement of fact in court Wednesday afternoon.

Crown attorney Jill Cameron faced jury members, seven men and seven women, as she read out the statement.

Babcock told health-care workers she had a history of anxiety and depression and had harmed herself. During one of her first documented hospital visits in August 2011, she told a nurse she was crying all the time.

She also talked about "an intense fear of death. A feeling that could last one day to months."

Technical evidence of cellphone records to be presented at Laura Babcock murder trial
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Nov 02, 2017

Technical evidence is expected to be presented to the jury at Day 9 of the Laura Babcock murder trial on Thursday.

During opening statements, the prosecution previewed some of the anticipated testimony, going through Babcock's final movements before her disappearance in 2012.

The 23-year-old, the Ontario Superior Court has heard, was glued to her Blackberry when she uncharacteristically cut off all communication in early July.

The Crown says records show Babcock's phone was in the same location in early July 2012 as the two men now on trial for her murder, Dellen Millard, 32, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Im assuming we are going to get some boring testimony this morning? Before the talk about deleted/recovered texts and data, don't they need to have the expert explain to the jury the process that takes place?

They should have taken her phone to an airport or train station and call some of her contacts from there ( so the pings would register from there)

<modsnip>

Shannon Martin&#8207; @ShannonMartinTV 54 seconds ago

Hi there, things are about to get underway at day 9 of the Laura Babcock murder trial.

I responded to a couple of posts in the previous threads about the Mark Smich photos. It seemed the info was inaccurate.

The blue tarp photo was taken July 4th at the farm. The dog is in the photo. Not Mark Smich.

On July 23rd, there is a photo of Smich at the hangar. Same date is a photo of Smich and the eliminator. Another showing the Eliminator in operation. This is also the day that Smich composed the rap lyrics. (Was Laura incinerated at the hangar on July 23rd?).

Why did DM the "lawyer" put his Mohawk picture with AM into exhibits?

Good point.. I was also wondering what point DM was trying to make when ensuring that his audience knew that AM was his key man, while MS was just dirt. Any ideas? Or was that to just kind of rub it in that MS's life is ruined forever for having served his master, but meanwhile, DM favored his other friend?

Or was that to just kind of rub it in that MS's life is ruined forever for having served his master, but meanwhile, DM favored his other friend?

I wouldn't put it past him, based on everything we've learned and observed to date.

I wouldn't put it past him, based on everything we've learned and observed to date.

That's what I think too. The only evidence that photo is is that DM is just having fun with this trial. I think he was really bothered that MS got the spotlight testifying in the last trial so him representing himself is his way of taking the spotlight back. Clearly DM is narcissistic.

Good point.. I was also wondering what point DM was trying to make when ensuring that his audience knew that AM was his key man, while MS was just dirt. Any ideas? Or was that to just kind of rub it in that MS's life is ruined forever for having served his master, but meanwhile, DM favored his other friend?
In the early days it was assumed by many AM was involved. I think IMO he was way more involved then what has been let on. This group is covering for each other. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Perhaps Millard was just sending a message to AM. He’s my wingman he said. Maybe he’s trying to influence future AM testimony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I responded to a couple of posts in the previous threads about the Mark Smich photos. It seemed the info was inaccurate.

The blue tarp photo was taken July 4th at the farm. The dog is in the photo. Not Mark Smich.

On July 23rd, there is a photo of Smich at the hangar. Same date is a photo of Smich and the eliminator. Another showing the Eliminator in operation. This is also the day that Smich composed the rap lyrics. (Was Laura incinerated at the hangar on July 23rd?).

Thank you very much. The Star reported it this way ....

"The jury was shown photos of Smich standing in front of “The Eliminator” and of an object wrapped in a long blue tarp — taken on Millard’s phone July 4 — the inference that Laura’s 5-foot-10 body was contained within."

While not completely wrong, the way they stated it, it was photos taken on July 4th. I wonder what else is not being reported correctly, or at least not clearly?

Any help with the tweets is greatly appreciated. ;)

I have a little bit of time, so I'll give this a try for a while. From the CBC live blog:

Nov 2 2017 10:05 AM

Hi there, things are about to get underway at day 9 of the Laura Babcock murder trial.

Justice Michael Code told the jury before breaking yesterday afternoon that the trial now enters a new phase.

Up until now we've heard from Babcock's family, friends, and the last people to see her before she disappeared that summer of 2012.

Starting today we'll hear some technical evidence - Babcock's phone records and police involved with case.

Nov 2 2017 10:05 AM
ICYMI: Here's what happened Wednesday:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/laura-babcock-trial-day-eight-1.4380703

Nov 2 2017 10:13 AM
Justice Michael Code addresses the jury:

"What these records are now, are phone records. The Crown will put Babcock's phone records into evidence."

"We have the phenomenon of cell towers, which are almost like a tracking device now," he explains.

"It's alot of dry evidence... but it's obviously important. Who was with who and on what dates."

Nov 2 2017 10:15 AM
Crown Ken Lockhart calls Danielle Fortier, she works for Rogers Communications. She's been with them for 22 years.

She provides information to government and police agencies, when requested.

Nov 2 2017 10:24 AM
There is a large stack of papers sitting in front of Fortier in the witness box.

So far Fortier has confirmed the phone records we are looking at belonged to Laura Babcock.

The courtroom is shown a spreadsheet - there are a number of large screens for us to look at.

We see a long list of records, starting June 26, 2012. There are phone calls and text messages.

I wondered about that at the time... also, how did AM react to that being said about him in this trial? Is AM going to be a witness in this trial? Is DM buttering him up so he stays loyal? Is AM disgusted?

So far, it's only Shannon tweeting today...and she's copying from her blog...so I'll stick with the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80