Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In essence if DM is found guilty in that case, is he ineligible to the inheritance? So that would lessen the $$'s in the civil case before him? Would DM's inheritance go to MB?

No DM won't see a cent of his father's estate if he's found guilty of murdering WM. MB will get zip, zilch, nadda nuttin'. Monies from the sales of DM's properties would have gone to his two lawyers from TB's trial. Every last cent I hope goes to the Babcocks and Bosmas. MOO.

No DM won't see a cent of his father's estate if he's found guilty of murdering WM. MB will get zip, zilch, nadda nuttin'. Monies from the sales of DM's properties would have gone to his two lawyers from TB's trial. Every last cent I hope goes to the Babcocks and Bosmas. MOO.

He’s not going to need money anyways :D he’ll be behind bars till his death! Only money needed to be set aside for him will be to cover his funeral expenses :D

In essence if DM is found guilty in that case, is he ineligible to the inheritance? So that would lessen the $$'s in the civil case before him? Would DM's inheritance go to MB?
Are you saying that if DM doesn't get it that it goes to MB and B has no claim on the WM inheritance moneys?

My point is... if DM doesn't get a cent of the inheritance, nor do the Bosma's and Babcock's.

I found this article by Carol Goar which mentions p.c. in Ontario jails https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2013/11/21/prison_life_steeped_in_myths_goar.html. The segregation unit inmates I saw were in some kind of small group room, maybe a therapy or socialization kind of thing, as no guards were in the room (surely right outside). They weren't playing cards or watching TV (there wasn't a tv there, IIRC). I looked and found this recent post/article that mentions the small size of protective custody cells (wasn't DM in a protective custody cell at Barton St jail?) : https://hicksadams.ca/making-state-pay-abuse-prisoners/
RSBM. Thank you! I love the additional reading material.I find this all quite fascinating. I think "segregation", "protective custody", "solitary confinement" are all terms that loosely describe the same thing, but then there's elements of voluntary, involuntary, administrative, and punitive.

Yes, I do recall that DM mentioned in his letters to CN that he was in some form of segregation/protective custody at Barton.

My point is... if DM doesn't get a cent of the inheritance, nor do the Bosma's and Babcock's.
That's sad. Do we know for certain that MB wouldn't inherit anything? It likely comes down to whatever is written in WM's will, that none of us would be privy to. MB is also named on the civil suit, so hopefully regardless, the Bosma's can collect something from her. I'm sure she's living comfortably.

Can any member of WS tell us?
Do prison inmates get tv, computers, internet?
In their cells, in common areas, unsupervised, not at all?
How many hours a day?
I would like to know. Thank-you.
I appreciate having access to so much knowledge here among members.
I'm still trying to look into this myself. From what I've gathered so far, there's the suggestion that there is computer access with internet (I'm sure somewhat restrictive). I know that there are TV's in common areas.

Good to hear how Justice Code quickly set things straight.

I wonder what vitamin deficiency DM is blaming for causing his thought processes to plan and then execute, the cold blooded murder of 3 innocent people? DM's uncle, RB said "I don't know what goes on in your head" (source : http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel-an-uncles-distain-for-accused-killer-dellen-millard) Does DM know what goes on in his own head? How about MS?

It is interesting, to ponder if serial killers actually do or do not understand why they killed people. Do they "snap out of it" and look back on what they did with confusion?
In the Russell Williams confession, the detective asked him if he has thought about why he killed these women. Russell Williams replied, "yes, I have thought about it, and I don't have the answers. And I'm pretty sure, they wouldn't matter anyway"

It is obvious that neither DM or RW are, or were insane, both were fully capable functioning humans. But, clearly something must be cross-wired in their brains... to be capable of such heinous acts.
Regardless, they are responsible for their actions, they will both suffer the same fate, as will their victims and families. Everyone loses.
IT looks like Williams and Barnardo are at Millhaven so DM and MS will have the company of some other notorious killers.

I'm still trying to look into this myself. From what I've gathered so far, there's the suggestion that there is computer access with internet (I'm sure somewhat restrictive). I know that there are TV's in common areas.
I doubt they are going to allow free internet access to prisioners for security reasons. That would be hilarious they could look up google and how to break out of prison, hahahaha

I doubt they are going to allow free internet access to prisioners for security reasons. That would be hilarious they could look up google and how to break out of prison, hahahaha

I’m sure if hey do have access, it would be very limited. Kind of like the kids protective soft wear parents can get. It limits what they can see and search.

It seems like a small thing, but it will be rewarding to see the truth... "Convicted Murderer" every time someone googles his name... all because of Websleuths teaming.

Done on several computers!

I’m sure if hey do have access, it would be very limited. Kind of like the kids protective soft wear parents can get. It limits what they can see and search.
Exactly, how appropriate right? Lol

Plus there's something called "Canadian inmates connect"... Yes, it's website for inmates looking to "connect" with people on the outside. Can't make this **** up!

It seems like parts of our legal system are as warped as DM and MS. Not that $ will give the families of TB and LB peace but I would rather them get it then the lawyers... Don't get me wrong. I am not throwing all layers in the same pile... Just the ones who practice solely for $. It used to be a calling... Social Justice. These days I am not so sure! I liken it to the Teaching profession...Some do the job for the love of kids, the satisfaction of helping and teaching others. But these days some do it for the pay and summers off... Some good...Some in it for themselves... Bless the ones who chose their profession mainly to help people in need. To those who are mostly in it for themselves, I suspect that later in life they will regret it and have to (in their own minds) deal with the consequences. my2cents

Plus there's something called "Canadian inmates connect"... Yes, it's website for inmates looking to "connect" with people on the outside. Can't make this **** up!

Omg!! I had to look that up :facepalm: there is also a pen-pal fellowship for inmates.

Interesting though, one guy that got life in prison for murder (posed as a woman and lured guy from a date site) murdered him and dismembered the victim.
Does everyone recall ALL the gay/lesbian dating sites that SS was linked to? I always wondered if that was a way for DM and MS to lure in potential victims! Makes ya wonder :thinking:

JMO

I just clicked on the Canadian inmate link......Pease note: There is NO internet access in any Provincial or Federal prison in Canada. it’s only a connection for pen pals, not internet chat.

ETA: there are audio clips with radio host speaking to inmates. Some good questions asked and great answers by inmate. Answers so question we e had here. Worth listening to for those that were curious of “the inside life”

I just clicked on the Canadian inmate link......Pease note: There is NO internet access in any Provincial or Federal prison in Canada. it’s only a connection for pen pals, not internet chat.

ETA: there are audio clips with radio host speaking to inmates. Some good questions asked and great answers by inmate. Answers so question we e had here. Worth listening to for those that were curious of “the inside life”
People like DM and MS who were so hooked on computer games and texting it must be very hard to not have those things.
If you see the most recent video of Paul Barnardo , he has aged a lot and does not look like the pictures when he was arrested at all, it does not look like the same person.
I imagine if you see DM and MS 10 years from now they will look very different.

It seems like a small thing, but it will be rewarding to see the truth... "Convicted Murderer" every time someone googles his name... all because of Websleuths teaming.

Done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Done! :woot:

Omg!! I had to look that up :facepalm: there is also a pen-pal fellowship for inmates.

Interesting though, one guy that got life in prison for murder (posed as a woman and lured guy from a date site) murdered him and dismembered the victim.
Does everyone recall ALL the gay/lesbian dating sites that SS was linked to? I always wondered if that was a way for DM and MS to lure in potential victims! Makes ya wonder :thinking:

JMO

Wait, what??

SS was linked to gay/lesbian dating sites?? I don’t recall that at all. Did this come out during the TB trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500