Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

I recently learned of that Bierenbaum case... fascinating. But in the case of Laura, it is believed she was cremated the same way Tim Bosma was.

Dreadful details come fast and furious on Day 1 of trial into Laura Babcock's murder: DiManno

It is believed Laura Babcock was cremated inside a hangar at Millard’s rural property near Kitchener.

The jury was shown photos of Smich standing in front of “The Eliminator” and of an object wrapped in a long blue tarp — taken on Millard’s phone July 4 — the inference that Laura’s 5-foot-10 body was contained within.

During the opening, the jury also watched a short segment from a video (not yet introduced into evidence) which court was told was made in September of 2012, depicting Smich performing a rap song. But the lyrics, said Cameron, had been composed July 23 on an iPad which had recently been loaned to Laura by an ex-boyfriend.

The lyrics:

The ***** started off all skin and bone,

Now the ***** lay on some ashy stone.

Last time I saw her’s outside the home

And if you go swimming you can find her phone.
bbm
Okay. I saw a picture of S standing before an incinerator, I think. Had eyes like a devil. I did't see the tarp. Maybe, I overlooked it.
Might be only Laura's phone, which got in a lake, with what method ever.
Pigs - MS and DM! Still and again and again my disdain for them. :mad: And for CN too, of course.
Btw: Was there ever a child born, who had the DNA of CN and DM? I remember, he had illusions about that? Or do I remember wrong?

Last edited:
bbm
Okay. I saw a picture of S standing before an incinerator, I think. Had eyes like a devil. I did't see the tarp. Maybe, I overlooked it.
Might be only Laura's phone, which got in a lake, with what method ever.
Pigs - MS and DM! Still and again and again my disdain for them. :mad: And for CN too, of course.
Btw: Was there ever a child born, who had the DNA of CN and DM? I remember, he had illusions about that? Or do I remember wrong?

Your memory is correct. He had expressed a desire to be a father in his letters from jail. As far as I know, it hasn't happened. That would be some deadly DNA.

CLAIRMONT: Letters reveal Millard's ego is healthy, even behind bars

Dellen Millard's jailhouse letter to Christina Noudga as he awaits trial for the first-degree murder of Tim Bosma, a loving husband and father of a little girl.

They are the letters of an accused killer and they run the gamut from manipulative to overwrought to self-aggrandizing to horrifying.

None more horrifying than Dellen Millard expressing his desire to be a father.

"My one true fear is to die before being a father," he writes to Noudga

This morning, the Supreme court of Canada (SCOC) ruled that sentences with parole eligibility greater than 25 years is cruel punishment and therefore unlawful. I assume this means, Dellen Millard's sentence in the (3) guilty verdicts of 75 years parole ineligibility, will now become 25 years, minus time served, minus credit for time incarcerated pre-trial custody. Someone must be eating a happy dog biscuit today. I will withhold my opinion of this ruling other than to say, we unfortunately have a legal system, not a justice system.

This morning, the Supreme court of Canada (SCOC) ruled that sentences with parole eligibility greater than 25 years is cruel punishment and therefore unlawful. I assume this means, Dellen Millard's sentence in the (3) guilty verdicts of 75 years parole ineligibility, will now become 25 years, minus time served, minus credit for time incarcerated pre-trial custody. Someone must be eating a happy dog biscuit today. I will withhold my opinion of this ruling other than to say, we unfortunately have a legal system, not a justice system.

I am hoping that the sentence will stand. After all, it was a lawful sentence at the time. But if not, that DM will be declared a dangerous offender and left in prison forever.

Killers Dellen Millard and Mark Smich are appealing, but already expect reduced sentences thanks to last year's Supreme Court decision

BBM
In his appeal, the rich kid complains that he was unfairly forced to represent himself because Justice Michael Code refused his many requests to delay the trial to allow Millard to access his frozen funds and hire a lawyer who’d have enough time to prepare his case.

The Babcock appeal, prepared by lawyer Ravin Pillay, also claims Millard has “fresh evidence” of a second witness who spotted Babcock in the fall of 2013 at an Etobicoke bulk food store, long after Millard was supposed to have killed her.

“How could he miss out on another chance to grandstand?” says his victim’s mother. “He gets his name and face in the paper, he’s a somebody again.”

For his appeals, Smich insists the two trial judges made many legal errors, including using evidence against him that only implicated his co-accused. He admits there’s “strong evidence” he helped burn Babcock’s body, but denies taking part in her murder.

The appeals are scheduled to be heard during the week of March 13 by the same panel of judges, with both Millard and Smich seeking new trials.

“It’s emotionally draining and I’m not looking forward to it,” says Babcock’s mom.

Last edited:
I am hoping that the sentence will stand. After all, it was a lawful sentence at the time. But if not, that DM will be declared a dangerous offender and left in prison forever.
It prolongs the suffering of victim’s families, appeals run out but parole hearings can last a lifetime.

Murder victim's mom says 'our torture continues' as Millard and Smich sentences to be reduced

Millard and Smich have been in custody since their arrests in May 2013, so the pair have 15 years to go before they can make their first attempt.
But Linda Babcock thought she’d never have to face her daughter’s killers at a parole hearing. Now that slim comfort is being ripped away.

“Whenever I see the Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy families when Bernardo comes up for parole, my heart breaks for them. And now we’ll be going through the same thing, which is so unfair,” she says in an interview.

“That’s what the Supreme Court has done to us; it’s made the rest of our lives about waiting for parole hearings. So our torture continues.

“And in our minds, Millard got a life sentence for Tim Bosma’s murder and ours was a freebie, so was his dad’s.”

Last edited:
Killers Dellen Millard and Mark Smich are appealing, but already expect reduced sentences thanks to last year's Supreme Court decision

BBM
In his appeal, the rich kid complains that he was unfairly forced to represent himself because Justice Michael Code refused his many requests to delay the trial to allow Millard to access his frozen funds and hire a lawyer who’d have enough time to prepare his case.

The Babcock appeal, prepared by lawyer Ravin Pillay, also claims Millard has “fresh evidence” of a second witness who spotted Babcock in the fall of 2013 at an Etobicoke bulk food store, long after Millard was supposed to have killed her.

“How could he miss out on another chance to grandstand?” says his victim’s mother. “He gets his name and face in the paper, he’s a somebody again.”

For his appeals, Smich insists the two trial judges made many legal errors, including using evidence against him that only implicated his co-accused. He admits there’s “strong evidence” he helped burn Babcock’s body, but denies taking part in her murder.

The appeals are scheduled to be heard during the week of March 13 by the same panel of judges, with both Millard and Smich seeking new trials.

“It’s emotionally draining and I’m not looking forward to it,” says Babcock’s mom.
Ridiculous that MS is basically admitting to burning LB’s body while DM is denying that she’s even deceased and that the appeals court won’t be able to use one against the other. SMH

It prolongs the suffering of victim’s families, appeals run out but parole hearings can last a lifetime.

Murder victim's mom says 'our torture continues' as Millard and Smich sentences to be reduced

Millard and Smich have been in custody since their arrests in May 2013, so the pair have 15 years to go before they can make their first attempt.
But Linda Babcock thought she’d never have to face her daughter’s killers at a parole hearing. Now that slim comfort is being ripped away.

“Whenever I see the Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy families when Bernardo comes up for parole, my heart breaks for them. And now we’ll be going through the same thing, which is so unfair,” she says in an interview.

“That’s what the Supreme Court has done to us; it’s made the rest of our lives about waiting for parole hearings. So our torture continues.

“And in our minds, Millard got a life sentence for Tim Bosma’s murder and ours was a freebie, so was his dad’s.”
IMO, the only reason consecutive sentences were overturned is to keep prisoners like DM under control in prison with the idea that good behaviour matters. I think the now defunct “faint hope clause“ was also brought in for that reason. If there’s no hope of ever getting a chance at freedom, they will do whatever they want in prison. What’s the incentive to cooperate other than spending your life in solitary? Some may want to do that but it’s got to be more costly for the prison to have inmates in their own cells and have to accommodate their needs individually. I actually don’t think DM would want that at all since he’s such a social manipulator and probably considers himself a celebrity In prison. Giving him the chance to go to court, and in the news, all the time with his appeals and parole hearings is just what he thrives on. He even arranged another trial for himself with that inmate stabbing.

The fact that allowing for parole hearings for people who are multiple murderers and obviously not getting out may be torturous to the families of the victims barely comes into play in these decisions I’m sure.

MOO

Last edited:
March 12 2023
1678632999511.png

'Linda Babcock, mother of Laura Babcock, arrives at a Toronto courthouse on Monday, February 12, 2018 for the sentencing of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich. It's been more than 10 years since her daughter was murdered, a decade's worth of milestones and memories she says were stolen by the men who killed her child. (Chris Young/The Canadian Press)'

''When Dellen Millard and Mark Smich make their appeals before Ontario's highest court starting Monday, they will be entitled to reduced sentences for their multiple murder convictions — cutting 50 years and 25 years off their respective parole ineligibility periods.

Babcock says when that happens, she'll feel like justice for her daughter, Laura Babcock, will have been stolen too.

"She gets no justice whatsoever," Linda Babcock said in an interview.

"My feeling is if you point a gun and shoot somebody then you do it to somebody else, those are two murders and they should be treated [as such]."

A panel of Ontario Appeal Court justices are scheduled this coming week to hear Millard's and Smich's appeals of their high-profile convictions for murdering Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Millard is also appealing his conviction of murdering his father, Wayne Millard, an aviation executive whose death was initially ruled a suicide.''
1678633129642.png
'In this courtroom sketch, (left to right) Ravin Pillay (Dellen Millard's lawyer), Thomas Dungey (Mark Smich's lawyer), Dellen Millard, Mark Smich, Justice Michael Code, and Laura Babcock's parents Clayton and Linda attend the sentencing hearing for Millard and Smich in Toronto on Monday, Feb. 26, 2018. (Alexandra Newbould/The Canadian Press)'

''It's devastating for us'​

With their appeals set to be heard over the course of five days, Babcock said she feels like all the horror of the past is being brought up again.

"It's devastating for us," she said. "Plus, once the 25 years are up, then we have to start going to parole hearings and giving a victim impact statement."

March 12 2023
View attachment 408620

'Linda Babcock, mother of Laura Babcock, arrives at a Toronto courthouse on Monday, February 12, 2018 for the sentencing of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich. It's been more than 10 years since her daughter was murdered, a decade's worth of milestones and memories she says were stolen by the men who killed her child. (Chris Young/The Canadian Press)'

''When Dellen Millard and Mark Smich make their appeals before Ontario's highest court starting Monday, they will be entitled to reduced sentences for their multiple murder convictions — cutting 50 years and 25 years off their respective parole ineligibility periods.

Babcock says when that happens, she'll feel like justice for her daughter, Laura Babcock, will have been stolen too.

"She gets no justice whatsoever," Linda Babcock said in an interview.

"My feeling is if you point a gun and shoot somebody then you do it to somebody else, those are two murders and they should be treated [as such]."

A panel of Ontario Appeal Court justices are scheduled this coming week to hear Millard's and Smich's appeals of their high-profile convictions for murdering Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Millard is also appealing his conviction of murdering his father, Wayne Millard, an aviation executive whose death was initially ruled a suicide.''
View attachment 408621
'In this courtroom sketch, (left to right) Ravin Pillay (Dellen Millard's lawyer), Thomas Dungey (Mark Smich's lawyer), Dellen Millard, Mark Smich, Justice Michael Code, and Laura Babcock's parents Clayton and Linda attend the sentencing hearing for Millard and Smich in Toronto on Monday, Feb. 26, 2018. (Alexandra Newbould/The Canadian Press)'

''It's devastating for us'​

With their appeals set to be heard over the course of five days, Babcock said she feels like all the horror of the past is being brought up again.

"It's devastating for us," she said. "Plus, once the 25 years are up, then we have to start going to parole hearings and giving a victim impact statement."
So they are going for their appeals in the Bosma and Babcock murders starting tomorrow, expected to last 5 days? And they are being heard together?? And DM is representing himself in his Bosma appeal, but had a lawyer prepare his Babcock appeal? Confusing!

When Dellen Millard and Mark Smich make their appeals before Ontario's highest court starting Monday...
...scheduled this coming week to hear Millard's and Smich's appeals of their high-profile convictions for murdering Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Hamilton man Tim Bosma. ...
...their appeals set to be heard over the course of five days,...

Smich's written arguments on appeal in the Babcock and Bosma cases frame him as the victim of two allegedly prejudicial trials that failed to distinguish what he argues was the weak evidence against him and the strong case against his co-accused. He asks the court to toss out his convictions and order new trials.
Millard's appeal in the Babcock case, prepared by his lawyer, argues in part that the judge improperly denied him an adjournment to get a lawyer, undermining his right to a fair trial.
Millard is representing himself on the appeal of his convictions for murdering Bosma and his father. The court confirmed Friday it had not received written arguments for his Bosma and Millard appeals.

So they are going for their appeals in the Bosma and Babcock murders starting tomorrow, expected to last 5 days? And they are being heard together?? And DM is representing himself in his Bosma appeal, but had a lawyer prepare his Babcock appeal? Confusing!

When Dellen Millard and Mark Smich make their appeals before Ontario's highest court starting Monday...
...scheduled this coming week to hear Millard's and Smich's appeals of their high-profile convictions for murdering Toronto woman Laura Babcock and Hamilton man Tim Bosma. ...
...their appeals set to be heard over the course of five days,...

Smich's written arguments on appeal in the Babcock and Bosma cases frame him as the victim of two allegedly prejudicial trials that failed to distinguish what he argues was the weak evidence against him and the strong case against his co-accused. He asks the court to toss out his convictions and order new trials.
Millard's appeal in the Babcock case, prepared by his lawyer, argues in part that the judge improperly denied him an adjournment to get a lawyer, undermining his right to a fair trial.
Millard is representing himself on the appeal of his convictions for murdering Bosma and his father. The court confirmed Friday it had not received written arguments for his Bosma and Millard appeals.

Here is the court listing. Seems they are being heard together, in courtroom 10.

Here is the court listing. Seems they are being heard together, in courtroom 10.

That seems bizarre to me, considering MS is appealing on the grounds that he sees himself: as the victim of two allegedly prejudicial trials that failed to distinguish what he argues was the weak evidence against him and the strong case against his co-accused.

This is just infuriating news, but CN is closer to becoming a doctor.

“She helped Tim Bosma’s killers. Now Christina Noudga is on track to become a doctor​

Noudga, who called Dellen Millard her ‘sweet serial killer,’ attended medical school in Poland, Susan Clairmont writes.​

By Susan ClairmontSpectator Columnist
Fri., March 10, 2023timer10 min. read

updateArticle was updated 11 hrs ago

She is a convicted criminal who dated — and erased the fingerprints of — one of Canada’s most notorious serial killers.
Now she may be on the verge of becoming a medical doctor.
It is a deeply disturbing possibility that Christina Noudga, one-time girlfriend of murderer Dellen Millard, could be on track to become a physician. She attended medical school in Poland after pleading guilty to obstructing justice for her role in the murder of Tim Bosma, who was shot and incinerated nearly 10 years ago. If she has continued through med school at the standard pace, she is now poised to be “matched” to a residency program.”

D11C47EB-5FFA-4FEB-AC0F-78D9CAA51F37.jpeg
Non-paywalled link: Opinion | She helped Tim Bosma’s killers. Now Christina Noudga is on track to become a doctor

This is just infuriating news, but CN is closer to becoming a doctor.

“She helped Tim Bosma’s killers. Now Christina Noudga is on track to become a doctor​

Noudga, who called Dellen Millard her ‘sweet serial killer,’ attended medical school in Poland, Susan Clairmont writes.​

By Susan ClairmontSpectator Columnist
Fri., March 10, 2023timer10 min. read

updateArticle was updated 11 hrs ago

She is a convicted criminal who dated — and erased the fingerprints of — one of Canada’s most notorious serial killers.
Now she may be on the verge of becoming a medical doctor.
It is a deeply disturbing possibility that Christina Noudga, one-time girlfriend of murderer Dellen Millard, could be on track to become a physician. She attended medical school in Poland after pleading guilty to obstructing justice for her role in the murder of Tim Bosma, who was shot and incinerated nearly 10 years ago. If she has continued through med school at the standard pace, she is now poised to be “matched” to a residency program.”

View attachment 408884
Non-paywalled link: Opinion | She helped Tim Bosma’s killers. Now Christina Noudga is on track to become a doctor
Thanks for linking this in-depth article, it covers a lot of ground, a must read.

Another photo from your link
C0C2B4FF-FD39-4BFC-A1AF-D01B4ED24439.jpeg

“Doctors are given an immense amount of power and privilege by society. That power can be weaponized.”

“Patients need to trust that their doctor has their best interest at heart,” Brown says. They need to have “empathy, compassion, honesty, integrity, altruism,” she says.

Noudga didn’t exude any of that based on her behaviour when she was entangled with Millard, Brown says. Instead she came across as “a person who thinks she can get away with things.”

Brown also says it is extremely concerning that Noudga didn’t show any remorse during the trial, nor has she apologized to the Bosma family

On the night of Tim’s murder, Millard texted Noudga that he was on “a mission”

Three nights later, while a massive search for Tim and the truck was ongoing and his family desperately pleaded for his return, Noudga helped Millard cover up his crime during a “tiny mission.”

First, Millard gave her a digital video recorder (DVR) that she hid in her bedroom closet at her parents’ Etobicoke home. It contained video from the Waterloo airport hangar owned by Millard’s family and shows him and Smich incinerating Tim’s remains in a contraption called The Eliminator.

Next, she hopped in Millard’s truck to tow a large trailer with Tim’s bloodstained pickup truck inside.

Later, in a courtroom packed with Tim’s family, Noudga testified she didn’t ask questions that night because she was too busy smoking weed and performing oral sex on Millard as he drove.

Thanks for linking this in-depth article, it covers a lot of ground, a must read.

Another photo from your link
View attachment 408983

“Doctors are given an immense amount of power and privilege by society. That power can be weaponized.”

“Patients need to trust that their doctor has their best interest at heart,” Brown says. They need to have “empathy, compassion, honesty, integrity, altruism,” she says.

Noudga didn’t exude any of that based on her behaviour when she was entangled with Millard, Brown says. Instead she came across as “a person who thinks she can get away with things.”

Brown also says it is extremely concerning that Noudga didn’t show any remorse during the trial, nor has she apologized to the Bosma family

On the night of Tim’s murder, Millard texted Noudga that he was on “a mission”

Three nights later, while a massive search for Tim and the truck was ongoing and his family desperately pleaded for his return, Noudga helped Millard cover up his crime during a “tiny mission.”

First, Millard gave her a digital video recorder (DVR) that she hid in her bedroom closet at her parents’ Etobicoke home. It contained video from the Waterloo airport hangar owned by Millard’s family and shows him and Smich incinerating Tim’s remains in a contraption called The Eliminator.

Next, she hopped in Millard’s truck to tow a large trailer with Tim’s bloodstained pickup truck inside.

Later, in a courtroom packed with Tim’s family, Noudga testified she didn’t ask questions that night because she was too busy smoking weed and performing oral sex on Millard as he drove.
Can't imagine what her beside manner will be like. imo.

First day of DM/MS appeals was yesterday. Some highlights:

Millard’s lawyer told the three judges that the aviation heir was unfairly self-represented during the 2017 Babcock trial and should have been granted the adjournment he’d requested to access his frozen funds and retain a lawyer who’d have time to prepare his case — but Code declared another delay would be “over my dead body.”

The panel seemed to quickly dismiss that ground of appeal, telling the Crown they didn’t even have to reply.

MANDEL: Triple killer and wannabe lawyer Dellen Millard launches appeal

Millard was rich, older, involved in business, while Smich relied on Millard for much of his income and often lived in Millard’s house.

What evidence there is of Babcock’s murder, Litkowski said, is that Millard did it alone, and that Smich was asked to help him cover it up.

The Crown’s theory of the motive for killing Babcock was jealousy by Millard’s then-current girlfriend, Christina Noudga, over Babcock, who was a former girlfriend Millard maintained contact with.
Justice Eileen Gillese, speaking for the three-judge panel, warned that if Millard can’t be present for the appeals in which he is un-represented by a lawyer, then those appeals cannot be heard as scheduled.

Gillese said if the prison couldn’t ensure Millard can participate by video, they will have to bring him in person to court.

Pillay also said the trial judge erred in instructing the jury they could consider Smich’s rap lyrics as evidence against Millard and should not have allowed hearsay evidence from Millard’s uncle, Robert Burns.
Pillay said Burn’s evidence was hearsay — indirect information from someone else — to dirty his client up and was opinion evidence from a witness who had “such hostility” to Millard.
Pillay said he was abandoning two grounds of Millard’s appeal — a “fresh evidence” claim and an unreasonable verdict.

Appeal argues Dellen Millard killed Laura Babcock alone and Smich only helped burn her body

As is the custom at the Court of Appeal, neither Smich or Millard was present in the Toronto courtroom. However, Millard, 37, appeared by Zoom from his prison near Kingston because later this week he will represent himself on his appeals related to Tim and Wayne.
Smich’s appeal lawyers argue that, while it seems clear their client participated in disposing of Laura’s body ...there is nothing in the rap or anywhere else that directly ties him to her murder.

Smich’s verdict was “a wrongful conviction,” Myles Anevich told the court.

“Mr. Smich is not a morally innocent person … But the jury was not told about how all the evidence was 100 per cent consistent with accessory after the fact.”

The trial judge failed in his duty “to guide the jury’s mind” to the possibility Smich’s post-offence conduct was not evidence of his involvement in the murder.

Opinion | Week of appeals begins for Dellen Millard, Mark Smich

When he did finally appear on the screen after the lunch break and was able to be heard, Millard — blue shirt, moustache, trim beard, surrounded by stacks of paper in a sparse room — resurrected the whingeing, querulous, officious persona he’d presented at trial.

It was Millhaven that had cocked up and it was Millhaven that had obstructed his efforts to get documents he needed and transmit materials electronically.

The judges didn’t quite understand what materials Millard was talking about or how lack of them might impede the hearings.

The Crown countered that Millard had missed a slew of due dates over the past year to file materials and participate in case management by phone. This stalling by Millard was a well-established tactic at trial.

Opinion | Blame game unfolds as Millard and Smich appeal murder convictions

But the Crown says the cases against the two men for the murder of Laura Babcock are overwhelming, calling on the court to dismiss their appeals of the conviction.
The three-judge panel is scheduled later this week to hear the appeals of their convictions for the murder of Tim Bosma...

Millard is also set to appeal his conviction for murdering his father, Wayne Millard.

Ontario's highest court hears Dellen Millard, Mark Smich appeals in Babcock murder

Last edited:

Thrice-convicted killer Dellen Millard asked again to delay the appeal hearing for one of his convictions, making a formal request Tuesday that was promptly and sternly rejected by Ontario’s highest court.

“I am not actually a lawyer,” he told court.

A “professional lawyer,” he said, “goes beyond what my expertise can do.”

“It would be in the interests of justice to allow this adjournment.”

Millard is represented by a lawyer for his appeal of the Babcock murder conviction, which was heard Monday, but is self-represented on the remaining two.

He said he wanted an adjournment for both of the other two, but didn’t think the court would accept a further delay in the Bosma case, which was his first conviction in 2016.

He pressed ahead with a request for an adjournment of his appeal of his 2018 conviction for killing his father. He asked to delay the hearing until August or, if not, then until next month.

“I have tried monumentally,” he said. “I’m trying to do what I can.

“I am so close to being able to get full representation on the Wayne Millard appeal…. Even only waiting until literally just a month’s time to get some assistance on submissions … would still go a long, long way,” Millard said.

Millard submitted an affidavit, a letter from a law office and a photograph, which appeared to be of a bruised face. The photograph was not publicly explained.

na0314-millerHearing-BH-W.jpg

Multiple murderer Dellen Millard...told the court the arguments brought against him by prosecutors and his co-convicted during the 2016 trial played to the jury's emotions, resulting in an "irreparably unfair trial".

"Both the Crown and [co-convicted Mark Smich] made submissions to the jury that appealed to emotion. The consequence was an irreparably unfair trial that no instruction was capable of correcting," he said, appearing by video from prison.

"I was characterized as the perfect villain. Wealthy, privileged, seemingly powerful and advantaged."

On Wednesday, Millard asked the court why he, someone who had taken "extreme measures" to avoid getting caught for thefts in the past, would be so "sloppy and careless," the night of a purportedly planned murder.

He said, "Why show my identity to witnesses and not delete content from my devices or turn off my own cellphone?"

These articles are from Tuesday (yesterday). The Bosma guilty verdicts were to start being appealed today and Wayne Millard on Friday.

Arguments on the Babcock matter wrapped up early Tuesday afternoon.

On Wednesday, the court is scheduled to hear the appeals of the convictions of Millard and Smich in the death of Tim Bosma
, the Ancaster man who disappeared in May 2013 after going on a test drive in a truck he was trying to sell.
The court also denied a request from Millard to postpone the appeal into the matter involving his father, Wayne Millard.

Millard asked that appeal be delayed a few weeks or months so that he could retain counsel to help or fully represent him.

The request was denied, with Justice Eileen Gillese citing lengthy delays in the matters, frequent reminders to Millard to retain counsel, and multiple warnings that the appeals would be all heard together this week.

The appeal into Millard’s conviction in the death of his father will be heard on Friday.

Millard will represent himself in the Bosma and Wayne Millard appeals.

Arguments continue at Dellen Millard and Mark Smich appeal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back