Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

I knew it!!!! I called it during TB trial that DMs lawyer smuggled the letters!!

Ha, I remember you being in on the discussions about those letters and the odd proceedings around DP's departure from the case just after those closed in camera sessions CJPRINCESS. There were quite a few of us who were pretty sure about how those letters may have made it out of that jail.

I see the matter was never dealt with though and that DP is still practicing law with no repercussions for his alleged participation in this. No doubt with the kind of clientele he attracts, it certainly has not affected his business.

MOO

Given Justice Code said "this trial was among his most difficult", I wonder if he will give MS a consecutive sentence?

Is there anything in between a concurrent and consecutive sentence? In other words, could Smich get 35 years rather than 25 or 50? 5 jurors wanted consecutive and 7 had no recommendation, so that leans towards a lesser sentence than Millard.

I just have to say that’s awesome JuneBug!!! I wish my submissions were that perfect!

Google may be the fastest search engine. But their response to a torrent of feedback on DM’s designation has been noticeably slow.

Deepak Paradkar is the same lawyer that is known as the cocaine lawyer (or something similar)? He has (had, think it might have gone poof) an IG account that was flashy and IMO questionable for a lawyer. He seems the type that doesn't play by the rules and flaunts it. I always picture the flashy shoes when his name comes up. I believe he is representing the Yahoo hacker from Ancaster as well....

BBM

Well he tried to squeeze his way in there but I think he was squeezed back out. ;)

MOO

Right eh! 11:59 on WS to be exact! That is a goosebump thing for sure! I think it was either CJPrincess or don_quixote !(?)
WOW folks. First of all, I called it this morning! I knew a verdict would come in while I was driving! Also, to the individual who had the 11:59 dream, I have goosebumps!

All I can say is that I’m elated. M1 for both, well deserved boys. Justice has been served. THANK YOU to the jury. If you shall ever read this, from the bottom of my broken heart, thank you for making the right decision. I’m sorry to hear that it was likely difficult for some of you. The WTJDH articles will help you. If you’re struggling I hope there’s a way you can recieve counseling. Take care of yourselves.

DM is lucky I wasn’t in Linda Babcocks shoes today. He might not make it back to his cell tonight. Bless her and the rest of LB’s loved ones for being so brave.

I’ve known about the Harper decision re. consecutive sentencing for quite some time, but I did NOT know that the jury made recommendation on that decision. Quite a stellar outcome I’d say. All 12 for it re. DM, 5 for it re. MS and 7 did not submit re. MS. That is much better than 7 being for concurrent.

Lastly, the fact that Hank Bosma is on Twitter, and proclaiming his enthusiasm, makes me so happy. Bless everyone involved. Though these are still difficult times, may justice, love and support fill their souls.

Back to catching up for me, with tears in my eyes!

Deepak Paradkar is the same lawyer that is known as the cocaine lawyer (or something similar)? He has (had, think it might have gone poof) an IG account that was flashy and IMO questionable for a lawyer. He seems the type that doesn't play by the rules and flaunts it. I always picture the flashy shoes when his name comes up. I believe he is representing the Yahoo hacker from Ancaster as well....

It's very possible a lack of ethics is good for business for criminal lawyers.

I sincerely hope I can find a recorded version of it somewhere tomorrow, no matter how short it was! I wasn’t able to live stream. From tweets, what Clayton Babcock said broke my heart. Truer words were never spoken. How lovely to have such a supportive crown attorney. There’s still good in this world amongst all the tragedy.

The six o'clock news should have plenty of coverage.

Ha, I remember you being in on the discussions about those letters and the odd proceedings around DP's departure from the case just after those closed in camera sessions CJPRINCESS. There were quite a few of us who were pretty sure about how those letters may have made it out of that jail.

I see the matter was never dealt with though and that DP is still practicing law with no repercussions for his alleged participation in this. No doubt with the kind of clientele he attracts, it certainly has not affected his business.

MOO

Lol, and a few (quite a few) argued us that there was no way a lawyer would do that.

Interesting that SS stated that MB hand delivered him his letters from DM. Deepak must have handed them to MB.

The law needs to deal with this lawyer who is a catalyst for drug activity in the GTA.

Right eh! 11:59 on WS to be exact! That is a goosebump thing for sure! I think it was either CJPrincess or don_quixote !(?)

I didn’t give a time but said Saturday verdict due to that jury wanting the closing statements.

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn
now

BREAKING: Dellen Millard and Mark Smich found guilty of first degre murder of Laura Babcock

I got goosebumps of joy reading this!!! So emotional. Justice for Laura and her family! Bless that jury!! Virtual hug for all the sleuthers here. :happydance::grouphug:

I had a dream last night that my sister sent me a text that said simply "11:59". Meaning that was when the verdict came in. Let's see how that pans out lol

Here yas have it....t’was Paris_Paris :)

I wonder if that was why Rabbit was under surveillance and visitors accosted after leaving her house? She was the go-between to the no contact list.

Delete if not allowed but a few reactions for witnesses on social media.

Megan Orr just mentioned the verdict and had a photo of the two of them.

MM had something that said - Happy Day! Number Two! (Assuming this is about the verdict but who knows)

Given Justice Code said "this trial was among his most difficult", I wonder if he will give MS a consecutive sentence?

It was probably his most difficult because of that moron, DM, playing lawyer.

Very special thoughts going out today for Laura’s mom and dad, and for her good, good friend, Shawn Lerner.

Rest in Peace, Laura … I hope you are dancing among the stars. Although Justice was a long time coming, the jurors got it right for you and your loved ones.

:rose:

Delete if not allowed but a few reactions for witnesses on social media.

Megan Orr just mentioned the verdict and had a photo of the two of them.

MM had something that said - Happy Day! Number Two! (Assuming this is about the verdict but who knows)

Are you able to give any hints on how to find these accounts? I did a search and came up empty!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklakemermaid
Back