Law enforcement officials to hold news conferences July 15, July 16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is other evidence out there, beyond what Lloyd Welch has said to us"

"There are peop throwing us road blocks constantly, trying to lead us in other directions..."

Those involved in the RECENT coverups, examine your conscience.

RECENT. being the key word in that statement. Numerous witnesses have been subpoenaed.

Those who have lied, misled, or attempted to misdirect the investigation.

At 12:33 they are repeating Lloyd's accusations against his uncle for the third time.

But in a previous question, the police/prosecutor declined to say if they believed Lloyd, saying they only believed statements like that that could be collaborated.

Our message: We will be relentless in finding the facts of this investigation...If you are a Welch or a citizen...as this conspiracy goes on...call us, we're listening

Lloyd gets a change of incarceration from Deleware to Bedford in 30 to 45 days.
After a decade in a (one?) Delaware prison, he might enjoy the change.
End of conference.
I did not hear any mention or bodies, DNA or evidence.
There were numerous appeals for more evidence, for people to come forward.

However in yesterdays news conference, there was really no news and the new information about the duffel bags was in the indictment.

Commonwealth Atty Krantz reiterated that the motive was sexual exploitation and that in 1975, individuals were children and not in a position to do anything...but now, they are adults

Thanks for all your updates as always. My thoughts and prayers are with the Lyon family as the new difficult information is released to the public.

Does anyone know if dna can be retrieved from bone fragments from remains which have been tragically burned? I'm just wondering if any remaining remains would have been buried on the mountain or would it all have been completely destroyed.

Here's a few pics from yesterdays press conference (from Angela Hatchers FB page)

Jay Lyon (Sheila & Katherine's brother):
jaylyon.jpg

John & Mary Lyon:
lyon3.jpg

Don't you just want to put your arms around them & shield them from all the chaos?

I feel so sad for them it's an absolute nightmare and they face the added stress of a trials for Lloyd and potentially others too to cope with.

Does anyone know if dna can be retrieved from bone fragments from remains which have been tragically burned? I'm just wondering if any remaining remains would have been buried on the mountain or would it all have been completely destroyed.

I only googled it a couple of hours ago when I was wondering the same thing.

When one is cremated, DNA is no longer obtainable from the ashes. This apparently is a major concern if any of the relatives think there will be a future need for the DNA, such as paternity claims, that funeral homes routinely ask if a DNA sample should be taken before cremation.

But it's pretty difficult to burn someone entirely to ashes without a crematorium.

However, it's also possible that if the bodies were burned to the bone, even Lloyd is not dumb enough to leave human bones in the yard, and he disposed of them some other way.

the short answer is yes, there are legal differences in definitions depending on the state - so if you're reading a media article written in Virginia, the wording may be different from one written in another state

https://www.rainn.org/public-policy/laws-in-your-state

It also seems a little strange to me that many media reports refer to 'sexual assaults' when it is clearly rape. I don't know if that's true in this case but it definitely is in many others. I don't understand it. Is there some legal difference/definition?

I only googled it a couple of hours ago when I was wondering the same thing.

When one is cremated, DNA is no longer obtainable from the ashes. This apparently is a major concern if any of the relatives think there will be a future need for the DNA, such as paternity claims, that funeral homes routinely ask if a DNA sample should be taken before cremation.

But it's pretty difficult to burn someone entirely to ashes without a crematorium.

However, it's also possible that if the bodies were burned to the bone, even Lloyd is not dumb enough to leave human bones in the yard, and he disposed of them some other way.

It's very difficult to completely burn a body in a campfire. I had a friend in Maryland, once upon a time, who was murdered in his home. The killer subsequently set the house on fire, but his DNA was still viable, as was the DNA left on her jacket, of which she also attempted to dispose in the fire. Really, all we need from those bone fragments in terms of DNA is identification of the two young ladies. After that, other forensic evidence will tell a much more compelling story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member